[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019 - Page 2 - Orange County Forums

Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

TripleB

Re: Edison BATTLE OF THE BEACH 2019

Postby TripleB » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:00 am

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:17 am

Triple B,
I was there too and KUPP is straight up wrong! If anything was said it was a couple parents chirping back and forth on time of QB holding the ball, and the bad language was coming from Cathedral ,,, same dad or whoever he was for two straight games / Buchanan. Where this clown was fighting with two women from Buchanan about the same stuff.
Just big loud mouths that cant take a L! Obviously , the Cathedral kids act like what they see daily at home and on the practice field. Why do these kids always think they need to run their mouths and play like this is 11 on 11. ACT LIKE YOUVE BEEN THERE BEFORE!! One thing is for sure , La Habra kids wont get punked and wont back down, which explains why they found a way to win and put a fork in the phantoms. Its clear, they dont know how to lose with grace.
Its too bad that some parents were assaulted and cheap shotted, which is clear in the video! Sorry KUPP, you trippin boo! :bonk:

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:35 am

TripleB

Postby TripleB » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:06 am

So you saw the fight, how it started, and you had to have heard their parents. Yet you curiously fail to note any of it.

I do agree that the LH parent who had the kid flexing and taunting him is the same one I said earlier who was getting into it with the kid. That was a mistake. But that was the only thing I saw directed at a kid by a LH parent. I did hear some shouting to kick the kid out who took the cheap shot near the end of the game, maybe some things were said at that point. I know I heard bad things all game from the Cathedral parents. And that includes those last five minutes.

The far worse part occurred by Cathedral. Sure their parents were taunting our kids and getting into it with LH parents, That’s almost becoming the norm at these things. Their kids, however, were way out of control and their coaches didn’t seem to care.

Teasing a special needs kid before the game, taking cheap shots during the game, throwing the first punch, clearing of their sideline to rush the LH players, sucker punching that special needs kid, kicking a dad in the face when he was on the ground causing a large cut that needed stitches, sucker punching a parent, and then threatening to jump parents in the parking lot. Real classy.

But yeah, focus on the few minutes at the end of the game, ignore the Cathedral parent screaming bull the entire final drive or the crap show before or after those five minutes.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rule violation removed

TripleB

Postby TripleB » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:14 am

HTL, the LH kids definitely didn’t back down. They showed true grit staying composed and scoring despite all of the BS by the Cathedral team.

To do it without Clark Phillips and Mason West impressed me. Add in the great job this team has done the last two passing tournaments and you can tell this is going to be a good year for La Habra football.

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:58 am

Daforno

Postby Daforno » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:50 am

I know this is passing league!
BUT
How does MD ( with a sophmore QB against Bosco's first string defense ) beat Bosco with Bosco's ALL WORLD QB?

I know "IT DOESN"T MEAN ANYTHING" it's only passing league but Bosco has to win that game. Does MD's offense get so many guys open that Bosco can't cover, I looked at the highlights and the MD kid looked like he had an average arm at best YET Bosco can't stop them?
OR
Is MD's defense so good that the Bosco superman couldn't find open guys, OR did Bosco"s offense not have enough variety to get guys open?

NO excuse Bosco gas to win that game and they didn't!!!
Does MD simply have Bosco's number? 2 CIF championships in a row and 4 Battle of the Beach wins?
Just asking

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:22 pm

dont be that guy

Postby dont be that guy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:34 pm

I know this is passing league!

"IT DOESN"T MEAN ANYTHING"

I shortened it down for you. Both games were won in the trenches last year (and the years before).

Daforno

Postby Daforno » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:04 pm

Oh I get it, the trenches, so why is Bosco wasting their time with a 5 star Clemson QB and MD with an SC recruit when clearly as you say it's the trenches.

Somebody better call Clemson and USC and tell them!

credofriar

Postby credofriar » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:53 pm

Wasting their time? I don’t understand that. Trinity league games are won and lost in the trenches. But doesn’t mean qb play is not important. But in a passing league game you get like 3.5 secs to throw. In last years finals dj had like 1.5 secs to throw because of the md defensive line.
I remember last year bosco lost to mission in the semis and everyone said bosco would not be good because they lost chad Johnson. Well in the season mission lost to San Clemente while a few weeks later bosco beat San Clemente by 50.
This is mater dei’s 4th straight title. That means they won the battle of beach title in 2015 & 2016 but didn’t win cif. Cif finals in 15 went to centennial who is TERRIBLE in passing league and 16 went to bosco who also is not very good in passing league typically.
With that being said I think we can match up well vs bosco in the fall.
Jserra looks incredibly over hyped.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:40 am

You guys are just not savvy enough. Bosco clearly tanked the passing league game. Since these games mean nothing, the thinking was to make MD overconfident when they meet again. A good strategy, considering how tough it is to beat a good team three times in one season.

templar83

Postby templar83 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:04 pm

aberamsey

Postby aberamsey » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:16 pm

The annual process of judging the value of a team based on 7 on 7. Good luck vs. JSerra in the regular season. I'll tell you right now they are properly hyped.

hocyouthguy

Postby hocyouthguy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:41 pm

hocyouthguy

Postby hocyouthguy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:44 pm

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:12 pm

JSerra is extremely good. Scary good.

Sweetness34

Postby Sweetness34 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Jserra will be good, but wasn't as impressed I thought I would be. They seem to lack overall speed on offense with the exception of Chris Street. Defensively, they looked slower than last year. Genova certainly bulked up and they are playing converted QBs at OLB and at FS.. The safeties will be their achilles heel.

I expect them road grade teams with their newly acquired huge line.. ball control and let their run game set up their passing game. They won't be an air it out team with Street, and Green.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Return to “High School”