Mission v. SM 2019: The Costelli/Schwenke/Nenad Bowl

RedPillWonderland

Re: Mission v. SM 2019: The Costelli/Schwenke/Nenad Bowl

Post by RedPillWonderland »

daddyooo wrote: the MD game at Peoria Centennial will be very interesting ... Long bus ride, 100 degrees plus at kickoff, an opponent with a history of beating big time programs (Bishop Gorman, St Thomas Aquinas), full house. Trap game if there ever was one.
MD -35
RedPillWonderland

hit the lights wrote: LOL, Yeah Bandon Vasquez was more than fine after that play ... Vasquez went on to score another TD and outrun the entire Upland D. He did it a couple more times vs REV too.
So yeah, he was good, actually great.
Lol ok that’s awesome. I mean, he still got body slammed like Macho Man at Wrestlemania X, but glad he had some fun with the whole thing and bounced back. I think REV wants to be done playing OC teams this season. MV v LH will be very interesting.
RedPillWonderland

Playthegame wrote: JS and Servite are very strong programs now, Grace Brethren (Whacked Oaks C.) CDM, LH have one of their best teams this year so just some great OC football this season...
Grace Brethren is in Simi Valley my guy.
Trojanfan949

Post by Trojanfan949 »

HLT... Crean Lutheran in the Trinity league? I know that was a typo but that cracked me up. Straight from the Empire league to Trinity lol. :lol: :lol:
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

RedPillWonderland wrote:Grace Brethren is in Simi Valley my guy.
Lol...see that’s why we need you around here, however if they play in a play off game in OC then being from Simi Valley does not invalidate the comment. Used to make long trips to CC Canyon and Newhall Hart back in the day...3rd season mind you, so if in the SS and they play OC teams...to me...OC tangent.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Trojanfan949 wrote:HLT... Crean Lutheran in the Trinity league? I know that was a typo but that cracked me up. Straight from the Empire league to Trinity lol. :lol: :lol:

RPDUB, your slippin...you missed correcting HTL on SCL, which is MV, Tesoro, SC, Capo, El Toro. SJH is Sea View...HLT? Typo...right! LOL!!

If your going to be the hall monitor, you need to be on point!

Just sayin...

In fairness to HTL, league changed this season for football...
BuckW

Post by BuckW »

As an SM fan I could not be prouder of the fight the Eagles put up in this game. Once Colt Fulton went down in their second series of the game they had zero chance to score on offense running against MV's outstanding D Line or having an inexperienced sophomore QB throwing the ball. SM's coaching staff made halftime adjustments that completely shutdown MV's offense in the second half. Disappointing to see Costelli still struggling at QB. He has some of the best receivers in the county but just can't get it going. Nenad has a total of four receptions and zero TDs in two games. Good luck getting better offers with those stats. I guess running up stats against a weak league will be impressive on paper. It makes me question how good this SM team could have been if they had not been deserted by their teammates that ran off to greener pastures at Jserra and MV. So much for loyalty and the brotherhood of teammates. For those players that remained you all will be much stronger for having the guts to fight through difficult times.

MV's D Line is definitely an impressive group but in my opinion the best D Lineman on the field was SM's Derek Wilkins. By the end of this season he will have the most D1 offers of all the D Lineman on the field in this game. It was also good to see Jack Del Rio still hanging out with the SM team while he waits for the USC job to open up.
liarliar

Post by liarliar »

Lol, we must not have watched the same game. Colt did not appear to want to play against MV. Rumor has it that the young lady he is dating was the former girlfriend of a former SM player. There was ton of smack talk going into the game and Colt knew that defense was out to get him. If SM coaches were smart they would just play the sophomore qb. Colt is not a very good qb, he was at Centennial and Logan was never going to play him and the his qb situation is bad. SM should play complimentary football with there offense since they are so long on that side of the ball. There strength on offense is in the sophomore and freshman class. If they play this way I believe they can win 5 games this year. You are correct that Wilkins was man during that game.
dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy »

“Colt did not appear to want to play against MV. Rumor has it that the young lady he is dating was the former girlfriend of a former SM player.“

This might be one of the strangest posts I’ve ever seen on this board (and that’s saying a lot.)

The bottom line was MV dominated the first half and SM dominated the second half and in the end they both looked terrible. SM’s offense was historically bad (MV’s D line and SM’s 2nd QB/RB’s we’re responsible for that) and MV’s offense wasn’t much better in the second half.
RedPillWonderland

Playthegame wrote: Lol...see that’s why we need you around here, however if they play in a play off game in OC then being from Simi Valley does not invalidate the comment.
Playthegame wrote: RPDUB, your slippin...you missed correcting HTL on SCL, which is MV, Tesoro, SC, Capo, El Toro. SJH is Sea View...HLT? Typo...right! LOL!!

If your going to be the hall monitor, you need to be on point!

Just sayin...
I think you took this a LOT more personally than it was intended, or was necessary Lol
RedPillWonderland

BuckW wrote: Once Colt Fulton went down in their second series of the game they had zero chance to score on offense running against MV's outstanding D Line or having an inexperienced sophomore QB throwing the ball.
Exactly, which is why I didn’t understand some of the ridiculous comments about “SM’s QB being beyond awful” since one was knocked out of the game with a (possible) concussion, and the backup was a kid who has barely played and certainly was thrown into the lions/devils den.
BuckW wrote: Disappointing to see Costelli still struggling at QB. He has some of the best receivers in the county but just can't get it going. Nenad has a total of four receptions and zero TDs in two games. Good luck getting better offers with those stats. I guess running up stats against a weak league will be impressive on paper.
No bitterness detected here lol
dont be that guy wrote: “Colt did not appear to want to play against MV. Rumor has it that the young lady he is dating was the former girlfriend of a former SM player.“

This might be one of the strangest posts I’ve ever seen on this board (and that’s saying a lot.)
Lol it was a love triangle, not a concussion
2002tony

Post by 2002tony »

Trojanfan949 wrote:HLT... Crean Lutheran in the Trinity league? I know that was a typo but that cracked me up. Straight from the Empire league to Trinity lol. :lol: :lol:
just as a note ... it would not be unheard of if Crean Lutheran would have joined the trinity. JSerra, in its 3rd year from opening 2003, joined the newly formed Trinity league in 2006. it would take until JSerra was in their 4th year in league to win their first game in the Trinity league (against SM. in 2009 score 14-12) JSerra went from freelance small school in its first 2 years to big time football ( and getting blown out) in the Trinity in 2006 to being able to compete 4 years later.

Not that bad considering coming from nothing.
daddyooo

Post by daddyooo »

Oaks Christian oppened in 2000 and immediately became a massive power by handing out scholarship money like candy. They didn't play much in the way of schedules for a long time -but eventually ended up in the Marmonte League where their showdowns with Westlake became featured replays on Fox Sports West for many years. Bonnie rose up right after that (drawing players from a 25 mile radius around Ventura)- those games became epic also until an administrative change at Bonnie has seen them slide from their peak.
2002tony

Post by 2002tony »

RedPillWonderland wrote:MOVING THE MV DISCUSSION OVER HERE

@PTG - Ryder Fitch (younger brother of former SM all Trinity Lg LB Caden Fitch) was 2nd team all SCL last season
question, are we sure that is the same Fitch family. There have been other Fitch's that have attended MV and that played football at MV (Stetson, Colton, Matt, Koty) Those are just the boys, It just seems a little weird to me to have a Sr. brother playing for SM while Ryder was playing as a freshman at MV. It is just a question, as I dont know the answer.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

RedPillWonderland wrote: I think you took this a LOT more personally than it was intended, or was necessary Lol
Probably...but perhaps the initial comment was unnecessary...but yah I hear you and so no offense here...
RedPillWonderland

Same family but it’s actually a younger cousin, not sibling (Caden’s brothers are Colton and Gabe). Not sure how many are related, but yes there are a lot of South County football Fitchs. Kind of like the Craycrafts. Family and brothers have played at different schools at the same time. The Humphreys had 2 daughters attend CDM (Kelsey and Ashley) overlapping with Ben Humphreys attending MD, and now have younger son John as a senior at CDM (4 year varsity player) — who was originally lined up to play at MD (used to attend every MD camp and was around the program constantly as a kid). It worked out — all have gone on to be pretty successful (2 Stanford, 1 SC, 1 Duke).
Trojanfan949

Post by Trojanfan949 »

2002tony wrote:just as a note ... it would not be unheard of if Crean Lutheran would have joined the trinity. JSerra, in its 3rd year from opening 2003, joined the newly formed Trinity league in 2006. it would take until JSerra was in their 4th year in league to win their first game in the Trinity league (against SM. in 2009 score 14-12) JSerra went from freelance small school in its first 2 years to big-time football ( and getting blown out) in the Trinity in 2006 to being able to complete 4 years later.

Not that bad considering coming from nothing.
I get what you're saying and agree I think the main goal of Crean is to make it into the Trinity League. They could be very similar to JSerra athletically at that time if they do ever make that jump with pretty strong baseball and I have heard their basketball program is one of the best for small schools. JSerra also was able to grow so quickly because they aren't connected to the diocese of OC. Makes things a lot easier when you don't have to get every little thing cleared by them.
BuckW

Post by BuckW »

Now that prediction didn't take long. After Derek Wilkins outstanding performance against MV he picked up offers today from Arizona State and Oregon State. There will be more. I guess you don't need to desert your teammates in order to pick up PAC 12 offers. It also helps that Derek is an outstanding student at a challenging academic high school.

https://twitter.com/CoachVies?lang=en
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

Shoot, my bad. I for sure didnt realize that one, as SJH should be in there over ET.
What happened to ET??
Ginger88

Post by Ginger88 »

hit the lights wrote:MV-
Tesoro
SJH
SC
south coast looking good

Sunset-
CDM
Edison