La Habra vs Mission Viejo 2019

hit the lights

La Habra vs Mission Viejo 2019

Post by hit the lights » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:09 am

Both teams are now 2-0, setting up the biggest game of the year for public schools.
The game will be at La Habra. Lets just jump right into it.
La Habra has the more impressive record taking down Upland and Flowe brothers, and completely tearing apart REV.
"IN ZANELLI WE TRUST"! While Mission Viejo has beat a team from Hawaii and beat most likley the cellar team from the trinity, 21-10. This is not a Bob or brett or rob Johnson coached team.
After looking at both teams....
MV strength is its front 7, and run game. Meanwhile the Clan strength is its passing game and DB'S / LB'S.
LH QB Zanelli, is beyond the real deal and hits various WR'S never locking into one, taking what the defense gives him.
Accurate and precision throwing the ball through tight windows, with zipp! He is also very tough!
Everyone knows about CP3 who now hs 3 picks on the season , 1 for a TD. Why do opposing QB'S and offensive C'S continue testing this guy?? He is everywhere, and he gets there FAST! LB'S Rosas , Brewer, and Gabe Martinez
bring the hat, just ask Justin Flowe on 4th and 1.

Mission Viejo - has kept it simple and pretty much not played their best game , im sure. At this point, the run game with Scott and Robertson, oh and dont forget the running of QB Costelli, have been the focal point on offense. - strengths
The game between LH and MV is marked as a come out game, setting up the play action with tape, and looking for top wideout Mavin Anderson, or TE, Rollen on a crossing pattern? If new Coach Johnson feels LH is a true threat, which they are, do we expect some trickery or does he really put in some wrinkles this week?
The Defense for MV is their heart. Big and strong up front, while Easton Macarenas LB flys around. --- strengths
Special teams is a huge thing in a game like this and Ryder Fitch blocked a punt and is starting at corner.
The Oline is also going to be the usual big, but quick, nasty, not so sure?
In a big game like this, turnovers and all three phases of the game need to be honed in.
Get there Early, the parking lot is a bit smaller now due to the new Theater on campus. Across the street (idaho) at the park has alot of extended parking and might be a bit safer than parking down in the neighborhood.
Good eats for pre game...
El Cholo - La Habra
Red Robin
Chilis
El Ranchito
Higo sushi / peruvian whittier blvd, and Hacienda.
CHA CHA'S BREA
Yard house-
Hero's bar and grill downtown fullerton
Lets get it on and see who the best public school for 2019 is!
#FT :mex:

Playthegame

Re: La Habra vs Mission Viejo 2019

Post by Playthegame » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:20 am

hit the lights wrote: If new Coach Johnson feels LH is a true threat, which they are, do we expect some trickery or does he really put in some wrinkles this week?
He does...trust me! HTL honestly this is like for all the marbles right here. The team that wins this game will rightly deserve best Public in OC(Have to put in CDM right here too). Penalties killed MV last night, they were big ones at key points and took away game time for the offense. Defense was on the field waaaayyy toooooooooo long.

If they get that worked out it will be a clash of the Titans! Right now LH is the better team IMHO. 2nd half was so bad last night that CJ made the comment "if that happens again?" and this is a quote, "your off the team!..."I don't care how many offers you have!" end quote.

So Monday is gonna be a bich, if the Diablos survive practice this week, risk here, but it is about the football culture CJ is trying to implement and they can rest up after what is going to be a hellacious Monday...The Game at the Pit will just be fierce and I think this could be LH's best team ever and I call it straight...MV will have to play mistake free and O line will have to go beyond finishing blocks and assignments as if they are protecting their mothers, sisters, girl friends from being raped...sorry, but for them it is that serious...well not quite, but you get my point...

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:33 am

hit the lights wrote: do we expect some trickery or does he really put in some wrinkles this week?
You saw one of those wrinkles and the result was a 99 yard run from the 1...The wrinkles are real, first half was dominant, 2nd half looked like different team...MV has a ton of upside if they can clean it up, if! Right now LH playing better ball than MV.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:47 pm

PTG-
Man, always love the honest banter between us. I get your point on wrinkles, just a counter off tackle that went to the house. Legit, and only a Junior. That would not happen when CP3 is hunting you like a Lion though.
Penalties are killer and LH has made a living with those over the years. discipline , focus and leadership has definatly put this team on another level this year. The vibe, is much different and a controlled viciousness has taken over the bodies of the Clan. Speaking of culture, why would that really need to change? I mean, its like my Dad saying
here is the billion dollar business, everything is rolling, Rings and things, just guide the ship Lad!
If he is ready to cut Costelli out already, and getting ready to SCAPE goat him vs LH, Then whos the back up? Harris at Colony. I guess trying to read into the future, Johnson will go after Booty. I guess you could always put Ryder back at QB? Im sure Mission will get it cleaned up and make some tweaks to personel and game plan.
The LH O will score 21 point min, and the D shouldnt give up more than 21. With that being said,
penalties, turnovers, special teams, etc... could decide a game like this. Going back to this being the best team ever for LH??? Quesada, Hillman, and the teams that beat San Clemente and Tustin were reeeal good. Shutting out Trabuco in the finals, the 2015 team with EB3 and crew were special. There were alot of good ones, just like MV has had so many, RICH IN TRADITION. This one has public school bragging rights on it, and LH trying to get that MV monkey off their back.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:01 pm

hit the lights wrote: This one has public school bragging rights on it, and LH trying to get that MV monkey off their back.
I here you! This is going to be a good one...I am giving the Highlanders the edge, they are playing better cleaner ball.

What I do see is a lot of potential for improvement, I loved Coach Mazotta Question to the Boyz at the half on why it was important to stay disciplined etc. he said just think about it before you answer and one of the Kids said because we have the potential to be great!

Sums it up!

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:22 am

hit the lights wrote:Speaking of culture, why would that really need to change? If he is ready to cut Costelli out already, and getting ready to SCAPE goat him vs LH, Then whos the back up?
Not Costelli, he’s just learning, I’m not going to call the kid out on this board, but two roughing the passer calls and some hits after whistle, that cost Mission big, and CJ was livid...great first half except the first series, then a stupid fest...

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:39 am

Mission Viejo starts the week with the number 1 defense in OC.
MD AND JSERRA to follow. Noticing that the MV kicker blasts 73 yard kick offs. I guess, LH should figure on starting at the 20 everytime. Defense , special teams, run game. Solid!! Can we expect alot more keepers with Costelli this week?
Assignment football, everyones got a job to do! Anderson gets offered by ASU, probably going to see Ohio St, on that one. Getting closer to game time. :rockon:

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:45 am

Cracking up that 1 time Diablo Devayn Woullard shows up to the SM game like some movie star from UCLA?? Did he get a schollie for that? The question is, will he show up to the LH VS MV game and what side will he stand on lol :lol:
THIRST AF!! :bonk:

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:31 am

there's a decent small cigar shop about a block or so from LaHabra. Discovered it during my daughter's HSBB days.

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:44 pm

MV by 21 book it...
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

2002tony

Post by 2002tony » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:11 am

hit the lights wrote:Mission Viejo starts the week with the number 1 defense in OC.
MD AND JSERRA to follow. Noticing that the MV kicker blasts 73 yard kick offs. I guess, LH should figure on starting at the 20 everytime. Defense , special teams, run game. Solid!! Can we expect alot more keepers with Costelli this week?
Assignment football, everyones got a job to do! Anderson gets offered by ASU, probably going to see Ohio St, on that one. Getting closer to game time. :rockon:
He didnt kick it into the end zone every time in the SM game. So be ready.
The only keepers Costelli had in the SM game was when he was flushed out of the pocket on a pass play. I am not sure of just how Costelli's health is this week , he may be back to 100% but last week there were no keepers called to minimize the risk of him re injuring himself and the fact that he was not 100%.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:45 am

2002 T-
I know everyone is picking MV to win this game, i mean LH hasnt beat them yet. But if This MV team wants to win, keeping their QB in the pocket is not the way, especially because thats not his strength. It will need to be assighnment football, and mixing in some good coverages and blitz packages. We all know that front 7 , the best in the OC is coming hot for the Z, and gotta be prepared for that. Those D LINE GUYS ARE BIG AND TALL, hands will be up, trying to take away those throwing lanes. Gotta protect the Z! If the MV qb is good to go, expect the Bosco Real Mitchell Offense to break out. RPO! He could take alot of hits? The hamstring is a nagging injury and im sure their run game will continue to be where they hang their hat, along with the D. LH cannot fall asleep on the pass!
Game of the week in the OC, TWO TOP PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
:mex:
OFFENSE
DEFENSE
SPECIAL TEAMS
TURNOVERS
FIELD POSITION
#FT

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:08 pm

This continued “Costelli is hurt” stuff is hilarious. Does someone have an official injury report on the kid? Now it’s because there werent enough “keepers” in the SM game?? lol Cmon, this is 2019, if he had a hangnail it would already be on someone’s IG story.

Did anyone here see the Hawaii tape? The kid SPRINTED for a 40 yd TD. Probably ran sub 4.5. And he looked plenty healthy to me in the SM game, he just didn’t play well in the 2nd half. And it’s not like Chad Johnson is running the Veer or Triple Option at Mission anyway.

Unless there is some report or missing MRI I haven’t seen, Costelli and Zanelli are both fine and this will be the greatest matchup of HS QBs with Italian last names in 2019. All we need is some seasoned cannelloni, a cannoli and some Martinelli’s.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Two trains, facing each other, heading in opposite directions on a single track, going full speed...is how I would describe this match up...

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:45 pm

Question for debate: is Clark Phillips III the best player in La Habra Football history? The most talented? If not, who? Ronnie Hillman? Juice Quezada? Kyle Peko? Dan Owens? Chuck Witherspoon? Greg Gaines?

Does Clark need to go on to be a star at Ohio State and get drafted into the NFL to be considered the best? Does the fact that he started HS at Bosco and isn’t from the La Habra district matter?

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:08 am

RPW-
ha , ha, ha, love it. We know Costelli is 100 %, but that doesnt change the fact that he continues with a 64.8 passing percentage. dump offs to the RB, SCREENS, and TE . RPO is real and im sure he feels more confident giving it or keeping it with his legs, rather than looking for Nenad his boy from SM, or their better receiver in Anderson. No time for all those options. Especially when your getting over 200 yards a game on the ground eating up clock. The D has compiled 8 sacks, 3 from Schweinke and 3 from Meyer. Very true on 2 Italian QB'S and one Italian mob boss coach.
2 families about to go to war over a pigskin. Alot of soldiers ready for this one. Whats a matta you??? --:--
Talking about whos the best ever to come out of La Habra. I must say, two way players in high school, Josh Juice Quesada at Saftey and RB was one of the best, tearing it up and winning 3 rushing titles in Europe, While Kyle Peko was a force on the OLine and Dline at La Habra, now with the Buffalo Bills. Then you Have Greg Gains, Dline, and RB at La Habra, now a beast DLINE for the Rams along side Aaron Donald. All of these guys are La Habra boyz.
Dan Owens and Chucky Weatherspoon were beasts too, so was big brother Anthony Weatherspoon.
I would say Josh Quesada in my opinion is the best at this point, especially because he won multiple rings for the Clan too. Will Clark the Shark Phillips be up there, time will tell. So far, hes had a good run. :thumbsup:

scj60

Post by scj60 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:13 am

Since my loyalties lie elsewhere it really pains me to say this but I think the Highlanders will go 10-0. This is probably Frank's best team ever. While he has had some great teams with great individual contributors this year he is loaded with guys.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:48 pm

They have the opportunity to be the best. 2-0 so far. Long season ahead and MV plus a tough D-3 will be real challenging. Don't forget Calabasas who is ranked higher than MV, next week. If LH goes 10-0, then wins the CIF championship, then they could be considered the best ever. Have to win a ring to be considered one of
The best and Mazzotta has 7.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:19 pm

:fan: Friday night...for sure, no matter what this is going to be one of the best football games of the season, I pray for an injury free night, High Landers will be rightly confident, MV has the D...it's gut check time!...All Abooaarrdd!!!!

Those are footballs heading into the MV secondary...I hope...

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Played against both Chuck and Dan Owens... both studs and game changers...of course they never beat us at SHS...but IMO you have to give the nod to MLB little Kevin Capps
..tough SOB