La Habra vs Mission Viejo 2019

hit the lights

Re: La Habra vs Mission Viejo 2019

Post by hit the lights » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:47 am

The day of reckoning has come. Orange County football, North vs South.
7pm kickoff at LHHS, GATES OPEN AT 6.
RR- , so your a Lancer from back in the day. Devaney had some great teams and Sunny Hills was the La Habra of that ERA. shhs vs lhhs final at Anaheim stadium where shhs beat lhhs 21-0. A number in which you said book MV beating LH by tonight. hmmm??? I guess thats why they play the game. Not sure LH will show up tonight, because the fearsome foursome is coming to town. lol :lol: The good thing about Zanelli and the LH O is he is in shot gun and has time to make reads, and he is super, super smart, so, he will find the weak links. Bringing pressure and blitzing Meyers, etc..
is what they do. As for LH D, they have been tested vs a big physical bunch in Upland and FLOWE at rb. Nobody backing down, and their QB was pretty good in Evan Rowe, but wasnt so good that night. Like i said , huge game, two OC HEAVY WEIGHTS, 4 QTERS! :steam:
DONT COME KNOCKIN, WHEN THE HOUSE IS A ROCKIN!

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:51 am

hit the lights wrote: The day of reckoning has come. Orange County football, North vs South.
7pm kickoff at LHHS, GATES OPEN AT 6.
87053840-F681-43B7-BAC8-A2F53A7BE0D8.jpeg
Lol

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:54 am

Shoot out at the Pit...somebody goin down!

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:27 am

Freshmen 53-12,JV 44-0...MV...

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:48 am

PTG
I like that, like it! The scene of that movie. Gonna get real here in a bit.
Yes, those are two lopsided scores . Looks like the freshman team , brought in some new blood after last years down fall. We will see what the varsity has to offer and we can comment on that later.

Let's Go!!!!!!

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:54 am

And no, that's not the fearsome foursome. Lol

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Mission will run the ball right at that LH defensive front, and I’m not sure the Highlanders have the horses up front to handle it. They could use 310lb former lineman Andrew Ueli Fa’atoalia, who might be getting an IV or two down in the desert tonight, playing Nose Guard for Mater Dei.

La Habra and Ryan Zanelli will use that shotgun offense with talented WRs to attack that Mission secondary, and I’m not sure the Diablos have the horses in the back end to handle it.

Would be surprised if this isn’t a close game, could come down to coaching decisions and strategy. As well as special teams and turnovers of course.

Whoever loses, it might be their only loss of the regular season, although La Habra still has Calabasas on the road and MV still has to play Upland and #onetownoneteam. Can’t believe LH isn’t in the D1/D2 pool.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:24 pm

By the way, for those who criticize the OC Register’s local HSFB coverage or Dan Albano himself for being too skewed to private schools, the man was live tweeting from Orange HS v Yorba Linda until 10pm on a Thursday (YL won in 2OTs) while prepping the above story for the MV v LH matchup.

Albano is a machine.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Well, time to eat crow! MV wins 23-6
Nothing new, running the ball for big gains and the defensive front 7 brought pressure all night to the Z.
Hitting him often and forcing quick throws, nothing was available. La Habra has 0 run game, so it was easy to play back and bring the heat. Meanwhile, MV couldnt throw and , i mean it was ugly. Couldnt even connect on a slip screen, multiple times. The MV QB took a devistating hit and didnt return. They really didnt need him though, as they were fortunate on alot of LH special team mis cues, and the running of 25 and 23. LH D did play better run defense in the second half. I felt bad for MV receivers as there was almost 0 pass game. Pretty boring game, and lacked momentum on both sides as referees threw flag after flag for whatever reasons and took the game away from the kids. HORRIBLE!
92 KENELY was a force, and so was number 1 Masceraneas LB. Ifi was La Habra i would find a way to run the ball at least 10 times a game, just to keep the defense honest, and in short yardage situations, give your back some help, With a FB??? Looking ahead, both teams have alot of work to do, as it wont get any easier in their playoff divisions.
You have to play all phases of the game, special teams hurt LH tonight, on kickoff, nobody blocked. On punt, blocked for a saftey, on punt return, got faked out for a 60 yard 1st down to set up another score. Then there was 12 men on the field changing a 4th down to a first down. WTF!!!??? UGLY!!!!! :steam: :bonk:

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:30 pm

hit the lights wrote: Well, time to eat crow! MV wins 23-6
Say it ain’t so HTL!
1AB699D3-7107-4459-9BDF-D82BC4C47A38.jpeg

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:38 am

Sorry to say it is so. I mean there is no reason to sugar coat the facts. MV line play and run game was the difference along with La Habras lack of special teams / preperation. I'm sure on the MV fake punt, they do their due diligence and watch film, on the flaws of LH special teams. They figured , it could be a close game and turnovers and special teams could win it. IT DID! I mean, to get over the hump and get back into the d-2 or d-1 range, you at some point have to take all phases of the game seriously. Way to many mistakes! You cant just line up and say, hey we have the Z AND CP3,
we got this. If LH wants rings and things, they better start seriously taking a look at the whole picture, because the guys in there league are getting better and d-3 is no joke with CDM, and Grace Bretheren, etc..
Someone said, this is the best team LH has had, as you can see, not even close. The 2015 team with EB3, put up a bigger fight vs a much better Diablo team and the Schooler bros.
Time to get back to work! :mex:

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:12 am

How 'bout them Devils ! :mrgreen:

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:55 am

MV’s D-line is legit. Dominated the game again.
Last edited by dont be that guy on Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:17 am

hit the lights wrote: The MV QB took a devistating hit and didnt return.

Justin Brewer is no longer welcome on the Lake Mission Viejo shores lol
hit the lights wrote: MV line play and run game was the difference along with La Habras lack of special teams / preperation.
This is what we call honest self evaluation folks.
hit the lights wrote: they better start seriously taking a look at the whole picture, because the guys in there league are getting better and d-3 is no joke with CDM, and Grace Bretheren, etc..
All of those teams should be in the D1/D2 pool. Especially Grace Brethren.