Mater Dei vs. Villa Park

Playthegame

Mater Dei vs. Villa Park

Post by Playthegame » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:46 pm

56-7 running clock for at least half the game...must be nice to get your games done in half the time...Ok so now we can have the Johnny Cream puff conversations...time for the freshmen to get some time...it's only Q3...
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelled out the title

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Mater Dei vs. Villa Park

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:24 pm

Wondering if that game was scheduled to make a statement on the state of the game.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:32 pm

Partly due to Vila Park loosing 6 practice days prior to playing Mater Dei for taking 3 illegal practice days in Big Bear, CIF penalty was # of illegal practice days x 2= the penalty of -6 practice days...

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:38 pm

They couldn't get Fairmont Prep to fill in for them?

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:39 pm

Ouch...

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:42 pm

Nothing against Villa Park, of course. They're a damned good team. But....

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:13 pm

MD’s public school “statement” was made last week v. Centennial. The only interesting score out of this matchup was the VP freshmen putting 28 on MD (42-28 MD win).

Bryce 16-21 301 4TDs 0int. That’s a 35-47 - 492 - 7-1 line in two weeks. Been sacked once I believe. Pretty clean sheet heading down to the desert to face the “giant killers” in Peoria.

If Epps and Zamora are getting loose like this, and the OL is going to be letting Bryce bake cookies and sell Christmas trees back in the pocket, it’s going to be very hard to gameplan and defend against these guys. Even teams like SFA, St Johns and Bosco only have so many DBs.

On to Arizona. Interesting that defending state champ Peoria Centennial only beat local rival Gilbert Casteel 34-27 in their opener. One GIANT step up in completion headed their way on the lux buses ...

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:57 pm

RedPillWonderland wrote: MD’s public school “statement” was made last week v. Centennial.
The statement I meant was the other way around - about a high school team playing an unrestricted team.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:03 am

John Q. Public wrote:Nothing against Villa Park, of course. They're a damned good team. But....
They were certainly damned last night...

Red

Post by Red » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:28 am

Are you serious PTG? You supported the most devious cheating coach ever. AND JQP, you know nothing about High School football and should stick to defending your team The lying cheating DNC. You know, the team that "recruited" other country's intelligence to destroy an American President. Truth is, VP wanted the game and good for them. They played their hearts out and should be congratulated for stepping up. They have more than the FFA school in MV. See you in another month or so, when this board needs more common sense and wisdom.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:01 am

Now, who can argue with that?

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:38 am

VP knew what they were getting into. VP wanted the game, they lost 6 practice days for breaking the rules, MD is MD. People were complaining about Servite 2’s scoring late w a big lead, hence my Johnny Cream Puff comment. That game will make them better(VP).

Red don’t bail for a month, make your points and fight the good fight. Be a gracious winner and kick ass.

Thicken up that skin while you’re at, you sound melty when you threaten to pick up your marbles and Jacks and go home...

Red

Post by Red » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:57 am

I have to take breaks. Its tough to handle the snarkiness and the dismissive attitudes of DNC supports especially after all of the criminal behavior they have been involved with trying to destroy a man for committing the sin of winning the presidency. In fact so snarky, they have no idea they are also putting down the Millions of Americans that wanted real change that is real anti-establishment. But then again, they have their real champions, AOC and Bernie! LOL
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:29 am

And Rollo.

Focus, Red, focus.

MDGuy

Post by MDGuy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:46 pm

I have to agree with Red, Villa Park played their hearts out. I was really impressed with the spirit of the student body and how they cheered their team on until the end. That roar from across the field after the 3rd quarter touchdown was deafening and impressive! I think our student section could take a few notes from them.....

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:08 pm

This is exactly the point I was trying to make in the Servite thread, you may not win the game but you can win the play and that is huge and why you play, even if they are few and far between, there is a lot to be said for playing the best teams, opponents.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:35 pm

John Q. Public wrote: Now, who can argue with that?
Lol

This thread deteriorated quickly