The Trinity League v. The United States of America

KuppRunneth

Re: The Trinity League v. The United States of America

Postby KuppRunneth » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:51 am

watchersince68 wrote:Source of the post And their co head coach, probably the sponsor and spokesman was dressed in a sleeveless yellow tee shirt
and shorts, looking more like he was going out to dig ditches. What does the show young men you are supposed to be mentoring. A little respect for the game and your team goes a long way for teaching of impressionable young men.

Stop, don't be ridiculous. This guys provides these kids so many great opportunities. Google him and take a look at his background. This guy pays for these trips himself. He does a lot. Who cares what he wears.

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:51 am

I don’t say this lightly but I think Bryce Young is the best QB to wear the 3 stripes in high school. Daniels and Barkley put up gaudy numbers but I haven’t seen anybody like BY. I thought he was was good last year but what he has shown in the first 4 games this season is just crazy good. What separates him from the others IMO is that he is never rattled. He is as poised as can be, rarely makes bad decisions, and can beat you running or throwing. And best of all, the kid has ice flowing through his veins.

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:17 pm

I was standing right next to where SFA was warming up for the game; they were FAR from disinterested. If I had video to post, you would know that they were READY TO GO. From the time the first Panthers player came out for warm ups, they were barking, shouting, chanting, and woofing, at each other, and then eventually across the field at Mater Dei. If anything, they were too hyped, trying to intimidate MD (which obviously didn’t work).

When the Monarchs did their usual team pregame walkout chant to midfield led by Tai Marks, BOTH teams were clapping at each other, doing some barking across the field. No coming together, but they were both clearly fired up and ready to play.

Both of these teams have about 40 coaches/helpers on staff, so if a player was talking to someone in pregame, it was more likely one of the army of staff members rather than a “civilian.” This was the biggest game of all these kids lives, ESPECIALLY St Frances. Both teams were fired up, ready to play, and focused; anybody who paid attention could tell that by the intensity of the hitting in the first 5 minutes of the game.

There is no room for any “unfocused” or “taking them lightly” excuses.

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:40 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:Source of the post Stop, don't be ridiculous. This guys provides these kids so many great opportunities. Google him and take a look at his background. This guy pays for these trips himself. He does a lot. Who cares what he wears.

Exactly. Just because a guy isn’t in a blue button down and a tie doesn’t mean he isn’t respecting the game. Biff surely doesn’t care about opinions on his coaching outfits:

The man is a mega millionaire and is not concerned with anyone’s thoughts on his way of mentoring his players or anyone’s definitions of “respect for the game.” A lot of people I was near at the game thought that was awesome.

(And yes, his Twitter avatar is him holding an egg lol)

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Redpill
Sorry I know what I saw and I saw a few guys on the sideline (not all) not focused.
I understand the Mega millionaire not caring what people think and dresses like he wants but kids look up to a man with money and want those millions too so that they can "dress" the way they want also, In my opinion only it is not what I would do. If it is true he takes inner city kids and houses them in condos while on the team, what then does a kid learn. If you want pour money into a team for own private enjoyment then buy a pro team. It's like having your own Lear jet as a toy.

kid66

Postby kid66 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:15 pm

This game came down to coaching... SFA roster is littered with athletes and straight ballers. The two defensive ends from SFA have NFL potential. #3 is an LSU commit and 4 star ranking and #10 is an Alabama commit is a 5 star rank. #10 gave MD’s right tackle fits all night line. Needing help.

SFA’s defense was very simple. Lined up in man coverage and brought the heat on almost every down. Often times bringing 6 and 7 and just leaving the DB’s without deep help. MD will not see defensive ends like these two again all year.

SFA’s offense was very pedestrian and predictable. The QB to play was poor. No passing threat even though they have a couple gray WR’s.

Bryce Young keep several plays alive and created when he was under Pressure. Without BY’s running abilities, the game would have been a lot closer.

I think SFA has about 5 other athletes committed to Michigan including the running back. The was a lot of speed on the field from both teams.

Good showcase. But Bosco is better coached, better QB. MD Bosco will be the true national title.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:23 pm

watchersince68 wrote:Source of the post I understand the Mega millionaire not caring what people think and dresses like he wants but kids look up to a man with money and want those millions too so that they can "dress" the way they want also

Let me get this straight, you think that just because kids on a football team see their coach, who has a lot of money, wearing a sleeveless tee shirt, all of a sudden they are going to say to themselves, “my dream has changed, I want to be rich just so I can wear sleeveless tee shirts like Coach.”

You must think these kids are as dumb as the comment you just made there.

watchersince68 wrote:Source of the post what then does a kid learn.

Seems like they learn enough to get into some of the most well known colleges in America. But you’ve got better lessons planned out I’m sure.

watchersince68 wrote:Source of the post If you want pour money into a team for own private enjoyment then buy a pro team. It's like having your own Lear jet as a toy.

Do you habitually tell other people what to do with their money, or is this just a one off?

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:18 pm

watchersince68 wrote:Source of the post Redpill Sorry I know what I saw and I saw a few guys on the sideline (not all) not focused.

Ok so we went from “St Frances was unfocused,” talking to “civilians” and thinking MD was a “cakewalk,” to now a “few guys on the sideline”, unidentified, who were “not focused.” Never mind that the entire team was right in front of me and was as juiced up for this huge game as could be. A few guys talking on the sideline equates to “St Frances took MD for a cakewalk.” It’s a good thing we didn’t take a headcount of Mater Dei, JSerra and Bosco kids and who talked to who in pregame lol

I know what I saw, and we must not have been at the same game.

RedPillWonderland wrote:Source of the post I was standing right next to where SFA was warming up for the game; they were FAR from disinterested. If I had video to post, you would know that they were READY TO GO. From the time the first Panthers player came out for warm ups, they were barking, shouting, chanting, and woofing, at each other, and then eventually across the field at Mater Dei. If anything, they were too hyped, trying to intimidate MD (which obviously didn’t work).

When the Monarchs did their usual team pregame walkout chant to midfield led by Tai Marks, BOTH teams were clapping at each other, doing some barking across the field. No coming together, but they were both clearly fired up and ready to play.

Both teams just looked so distracted lol

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:57 am

Buck-
MV has ran on everyone theyve played including SM. Yes, dump SM! If you ask the MV players, they know they felt the game after playing LH. MV has ran for a 200 plus yards on everyone theyve played, they just cant throw vs the good teams. If they played JSERRA, it would be a good game because the MV front 7 would limit street and run the ball on Jserra. Low scoring game, like 21-14??? 14-7?

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:15 am

@watchersince68

Log off. You couldn't be more wrong about your opinions towards the sFA coach. Stop while you can.

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:05 am

as far as I am concerned if the guy is paying for it all he can wear whatever the heck he wants.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:15 am

Daddyoo, Kupp, Redpill
So it is ok to rag on MD for the last 4 years having the best team money can buy but not ok to question another's 20 million investment? Condo's and the like and hand picked players? I do not know the answer to the next question, does part of the $20 mil go to other sports programs for the school or only what he likes?
I am CERTAIN the the man has ONLY the best intentions for the young men he mentors, I just don't know if it is the best situation. Does it do more harm than good? Why has the other programs in the area refuse to play them? Did they not get kicked out of their league? I understand parents of the other school programs will not let their kids play these guys because they physically get hurt. Every guy on that team is an superior athlete.

Redpill
I too have watched HSFB since 1968 and I know what I saw with guys on the sidelines and even coming up to our stands to visit and hug spectators. Maybe you were too enamored by SFA's size close up to see the whole picture.

jb914

Postby jb914 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:41 am

I thought the SFA DB's and safeties could have been called for targeting multiple times. I know it's a physical game, but, there were hits on pretty much every MD receiver shoulders or head right at or during the catch. I thought I saw Epps mouthpiece flying out in one of the highlight reels. or SFA guy holding the receiver up while the other DB spears the receiver. Pretty dirty play IMHO and that stuff will be called at the next level with replay.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:00 pm

They were very physical and best part of their team.

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:31 pm

watchersince68 wrote:Source of the post Daddyoo, Kupp, Redpill
So it is ok to rag on MD for the last 4 years having the best team money can buy but not ok to question another's 20 million investment? Condo's and the like and hand picked players? I do not know the answer to the next question, does part of the $20 mil go to other sports programs for the school or only what he likes?
I am CERTAIN the the man has ONLY the best intentions for the young men he mentors, I just don't know if it is the best situation. Does it do more harm than good? Why has the other programs in the area refuse to play them? Did they not get kicked out of their league? I understand parents of the other school programs will not let their kids play these guys because they physically get hurt. Every guy on that team is an superior athlete.

Redpill
I too have watched HSFB since 1968 and I know what I saw with guys on the sidelines and even coming up to our stands to visit and hug spectators. Maybe you were too enamored by SFA's size close up to see the whole picture.

again, do some more research. This guy not only pays for the football program, but also other sports programs and some of these programs are their competitors. He doesn't just donate to SFA.

and of course he has his best intentions for these young men. He wants to build a dormitory for these kids but can't because in that neighborhood, the kids would be targets. Its a crime infested area.

This man literally donates to opposing schools because they need it.

Your original comment was about his attire and now its about buying the best team money can buy. At this point, I think this discussion is a waste of time because you're just gonna find way to dislike what this man does.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Kupp
Ok thanks for the info and that certainly makes a difference. He seems like a very good man, just wish
he would get rid of the yellow shirt.

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:23 pm

correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe Rollo of MD and former Coach Lad of DLS, are the only California HS football coaches, to receive National Coach of the Year honors right?

hit the lights

Postby hit the lights » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:07 am

Jserra vs Calabsas this week. So cal on So cal, 2 top 20 teams.
Does Mission Viejo play Upland this week? we will learn alot about both OC teams, even though a year ago MV beat upland 40-0 :lol: Jserra beat Calabasas by 20.

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:57 am

MV has St. Mary’s this week, Upland next week...

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:08 am

take JSerra over Calabasas. While Calabasas skill guys first rate, the line play isn't Trinity League level. Expect lots of QB pressure by JSerra and Harlow to just ground pound these guys into the dust.

Return to “High School”