[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
San Clemente accused of racism.... - Page 2 - Orange County Forums

San Clemente accused of racism....

broman

Re: San Clemente accused of racism....

Postby broman » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:13 pm

Like I said in the first post... I have never had or heard of racial issues in San Clemente...

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:52 pm

Well... Until now, right?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:20 pm

The only ones I saw jumping to any conclusions were the people saying it didn't happen. Even the OC Weekly article was noncommittal about it. --:--
Don't look at me, I just work here.

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:56 pm

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 am

As I say-I'm skeptical on these stories until the truth comes out. In a courtroom that would not count as evidence. Too many people with agendas have exploited stories like this for political and personal gain. Now that the facts are out-the school district should take appropriate action.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:22 am

But what's the appropriate action? Sending the kid or kids home won't do it. It's been 3 generations since Jim Crow. Things like that aren't supposed to happen anymore.

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:00 am

Mass reeducation of the whole San Clemente community won't go over too well either. You discipline the offenders, not the whole town.

Stugotz

Postby Stugotz » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:40 pm

Hey, PTG- Do the results of the investigation pass the smell test? There is racism everywhere. For you to think it doesn't happen in south county is beyond ignorant.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:14 pm

So what's the solution, then? Suspension? Expulsion? Hard labor? Ludovico Treatment?

Playthegame

Postby Playthegame » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:11 am

Look guys...I think what people are reacting to is not that immature children used racial slurs...rather it’s the branding of an entire community as racist when it is not. I have lived in San Clemente for 10 years raised 6 kids in S. OC. My kids attended Capo, Aliso Niguel MV and Tesoro. I can not recall one instance of Racism. I have lived in So Cal my entire life, we have a very diverse culture so let’s keep it real...immature behavior of two young children does not equate to Carte Blanche Racism in the Community of San Clemente. That is bovine excrement period!

Back in the day, most of your mothers would have slapped some backbone in you and next to bedtime prayers the nursery rhyme “Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me”.

Immature students in San Clemente...yes, Racism no...

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:55 am

as I said-a "reeducation camp" run by the likes of the NAACP will (deservedly) not go down well in San Clemente. Punish the offenders-but if you try to punish the school/district/community it will be met with major resistance.

And if the district goes along with this, the stampede of families in CUSD to private schools will pick up a few steps. Time for the administrators not to buckle under the pressure.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:45 pm

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:35 am

Yes, we are supposed to go be retrained by finding out why our "white privilege" is a problem and reading the 1619 project that presents the real founding of the country as the day slavery showed up in the South.

Mind you my Italian/Irish ancestors were treated as bad as black people were in the day and mainly fought against slavery in the civil war.

Punish the guilty-not the community.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:08 am

They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:18 am

My ancestors didn't own property-why should my taxes (and the large majority of the citizens of this country who had no connection to slavery) pay reperations for those who did? Especially when many of them had ancestors who fought to destroy slavery?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 am

My ancestor was a 3-year (maybe more) lease but I understand his point.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:25 am

Daddyoo, on reparations, you'd pay for them for the same reason you pay soybean farmers because China isn't buying their beans. It's one of the costs of living in a semi-civilized society. Not that I agree with reparations - I don't, but for other reasons.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:42 pm

daddyooo

Postby daddyooo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:00 pm

Who said they are future leaders of society? My guess is they will end up far from it.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:08 pm

How did they learn these feelings and attitudes, and who taught them?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Return to “High School”