WantTheNFLBack714

Re: MD vs St John's

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:51 pm

looks like Rollo is getting one for the Thumb

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Lighten up Francis, the real season hasn't even started yet

Bosco looms, and besides they're always just one injury away from the pack (knock on wood)
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:27 pm

joefutbol wrote:The spread is 27 points. I think they're gonna be ok.
Down at the half 3,000 miles from home with their QB almost decapitated and they end up covering. Somebody should bottle Rollo's halftime talk and sell it

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:28 pm

Zebra Sandwich

jb914

Post by jb914 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:40 pm

MD Defense stepped up in 2nd half. Good game SJC has a good team and I bet they give SFA a good game.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:16 pm

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:25 am

Possibly the worst officiated game I have ever seen. Flagrant bad calls from the opening set and never got any better. The head official's last job was posing for the character in Lord of the Rings, you pick the guy.
Furthermore his advanced age gave him experience but not much else and there would have been many reversed calls had there been challenges. I am guessing that when he announced the infractions with his eyes closed he did the same eye closing while watching the game. The only good thing is that it did not cost MD a win.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:43 am

Had they counted the safety and the other 1st qtr fumble recovery, as they should have, MD would have been up 16-0 in the first. On one call later in the game, it appeared the ref went to SJC's coach for the clarification! :lol:

I think I saw one offensive pass interference last season against MD. there were at least 3 against MD in this game

just shows how good MD is to overcome the 12th man officiating and still curb stomp 2700 miles from home.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Hard to say whether it was homerism or ineptitude or a healthy dollop of both. The strip was an obvious fumble on replay, but the refs don't have that benefit. The fumbled lateral was egregious though, 2-3 yards behind the QB, even the announcers were stunned they ruled it a forward pass.

The secondary needs a little work though, someone got burned deep way too many times
George Will

Donald Trump

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:41 pm

by Omar Bongo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Hard to say whether it was homerism or ineptitude or a healthy dollop of both. The strip was an obvious fumble on replay, but the refs don't have that benefit. The fumbled lateral was egregious though, 2-3 yards behind the QB, even the announcers were stunned they ruled it a forward pass.
times
Yea, the lateral was just obvious really not excusable.
by Omar Bongo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:59 pm
The secondary needs a little work though, someone got burned deep way too many times
The 1st TD (which shouldn't have even been a drive, cuz, of said strip ](*,) ) was just a great throw hat tip to the QB

The second was just a missed assignment. Seemed like the defense was thinking of half time in that last minute :

They called a horse collar on White when the reciever had his fingers all tangled in Nate's facemask twisting his head a bit while he was stiff arming, so, that should have been offsetting, IMHO. Overall horrible missed calls and some other questionably timed calls. Even in the last few minutes the announcers were joking about "oh another flag..... (groan)" :lol:

But, MD was in control the entire game.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:56 pm

I don't mind them trying to protect the players, but there were close to 300 yards in penalties and the game ended after midnight #-o

SJ's WR #1 was a stud and doubt the QB made some great throws but the MD secondary got burned deep for TDs twice...maybe the cost of the rush package, but you can't let them get separation behind you...Uiagalelei will do the same

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:17 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Very true. The game was so poorly officiated it was, at times, painful to watch. Nonetheless, MD's secondary was, IMO, exposed a bit by a very talented and mobile QB throwing to some big time receivers. Give them credit, they're good. Having said that, on more than one occasion the back end looked a little confused in their coverage packages. It will be interesting to see what changes, if any, are made in the secondary with the return of Sepulona. Can't hurt to have a kid of his ability back on the field. Same can be said for Tupe returning to bolster an already very solid front seven. Added depth for the start of the real season.
Omar Bongo wrote: Uiagalelei will do the same
He certainly has the arm and the receivers for it, as he proved in game one last year.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:06 am

MD's secondary did get exposed a little and gave me hope for 10/25. Bosco can put up points against them. Might need to put up 50 to win though.

Sepulona is going to be a huge addition for him. He's going to play like his hair is on fire, missing 5 games and needing to get the recruiting game going.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:30 am

MD's secondary did get exposed a little and gave me hope for 10/25. Bosco can put up points against them. Might need to put up 50 to win though.

Sepulona is going to be a huge addition for him. He's going to play like his hair is on fire, missing 5 games and needing to get the recruiting game going.
Moses was the best tackler on the team last year and I can't wait to see him on the field!

Ditton for Tupe, he is a beast too.

The MD/SJB is going to be epic! Need to start taking my antacids now in preparation! :lol:

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:43 pm

I will have to disagree with Tupe. OVERRATED.

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:02 pm

Have to remember Tupe, played OL the last half of the season. And IMO, he started the season slow on DL, but he got going the last few games before he was moved to OL when Myles went down.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:56 pm

he actually did a pretty decent job filling in at RT.

But as a DL, he's soft and slow. He's lucky to play with great players

Domingo

Post by Domingo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:36 am

I remember watching MD and Groots playing Poly for D1 Title. Today's MD team bares no resemblance to those MD teams. In fact, Bruce's team in 2019 looks like the Poly teams he used to play against in the 90's. No Catholics playing for MD anymore. Poly Football players in MD uniforms in 2019.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:01 am

Domingo wrote: I remember watching MD and Groots playing Poly for D1 Title. Today's MD team bares no resemblance to those MD teams. In fact, Bruce's team in 2019 looks like the Poly teams he used to play against in the 90's. No Catholics playing for MD anymore. Poly Football players in MD uniforms in 2019.
You know Domingo I didn't even need to read your post to know what you were going to rant about. Your offensive and racists views are not shared by most MD alumni.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:17 am

Dear Domingo
We all feel very sorry for what must have happened in your earlier life, you somewhere somehow must have been rejected or passed over for some position in sports or profession due to race or religion. You have now made it clear on multiple occasions, please give us one more good rant and finally put it to rest forever, we all grow tired of the same racist views.
Thanks
Watcher