Omar Bongo

Re: MD vs St John's

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:09 pm

He's a troll, ignore him.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:08 am

jb914 wrote:
MD's secondary did get exposed a little and gave me hope for 10/25. Bosco can put up points against them. Might need to put up 50 to win though.

Sepulona is going to be a huge addition for him. He's going to play like his hair is on fire, missing 5 games and needing to get the recruiting game going.
Moses was the best tackler on the team last year and I can't wait to see him on the field!

Ditton for Tupe, he is a beast too.

The MD/SJB is going to be epic! Need to start taking my antacids now in preparation! :lol:
based on the way MD played St. Frances, and exploded in the second half against St. Johns, Bosco stands no chance against MD this season, yes, the new MD dynasty looks different than the MD teams of the 90's, athletes-wise.

templar83

Post by templar83 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:54 am

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:QR_BBPOST Bosco stands no chance against MD this season,
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, BUT " no chance ", really?
WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:QR_BBPOST the new MD dynasty looks different than the MD teams of the 90's, athletes-wise.
Everyone's athletes look different from 25 years ago, including Bosco's.
WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:QR_BBPOST
based on the way MD played St. Frances, and exploded in the second half against St. Johns
And based on the way MD played that game in the first half, Bosco may run them out of the stadium.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:37 am

Bosco will be able to score on MD, no doubt about it. MD hasnt played an offense like Bosco this year, of course.

BUT can Bosco stop MD? Its going to be tough.

This could be a situation like last year. Bosco wins at home but loses in the finals.

hocyouthguy

Post by hocyouthguy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:44 pm

templar83 wrote:You are certainly entitled to your opinion, BUT " no chance ", really?

Everyone's athletes look different from 25 years ago, including Bosco's.

And based on the way MD played that game in the first half, Bosco may run them out of the stadium.
MD played just fine that first half. The zebras get the two fumble calls right (which EVERYONE admits were no-brainers) and MD probably goes into the half up 35-7.

hocyouthguy

Post by hocyouthguy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:48 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:he actually did a pretty decent job filling in at RT.

But as a DL, he's soft and slow. He's lucky to play with great players
You're delusional. YOU tell that Poly kid he's "soft." :lol: Didn't look too soft with his sack and solid play against IMG's all-world OL.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:17 pm

hocyouthguy wrote:QR_BBPOST You're delusional. YOU tell that Poly kid he's "soft." Didn't look too soft with his sack and solid play against IMG's all-world OL.
so you're saying ALL poly kids are tough then? Thats delusional. You mean not one can ever not be soft???

Getting a sack now means you're not soft too?

You make no sense. I'm basing my opinion on watching him for 2 years, being around him at all of these camps since the beginning of the year. Not because he's POLY.

I'd like to see more fire out of him.

templar83

Post by templar83 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:03 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:QR_BBPOST I'd like to see more fire out of him.
Hopefully you'll get your wish on the 25th of this month.. Lol

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:37 pm

templar83 wrote:QR_BBPOST Hopefully you'll get your wish on the 25th of this month.. Lol
we have about 20 other reasons to be worried about that game. Tupe isnt one of them.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:22 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:MD hasnt played an offense like Bosco this year, of course.
And vice versa. MD has definitely seen tougher overall competition though, will be interesting to see if that makes a difference.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:53 pm

Bosco and MD are the 2 best in the Trinity, who they played really doesn't matter in terms of who wins.

The team who catches the ball at the "important " times, 3rd down, keeping a drive alive etc, will win the game and of course avoiding the unsportsmanlike stupid show boating, unnecessary holding after the play penalties ( which MD gets all the time!)

Basically make plays, usually the team that loses can point to a break down of the routine, not making the plays they are capable of and practiced since August!

Lastly keeping the big gains and big plays to a minimum. NO kickoff or punt return, they are killers.

So I predict "if BOTH teams play their game, MD by 7-10.

templar83

Post by templar83 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:34 pm

All of this is a bit premature. They both have three games to play before they see each other and for Bosco one of those games is JSerra at their place. Ya never know, either, or both, could stub their collective toes before the 25th.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:12 pm

Highly unlikely. Their plan will likely be to build up a big lead in the 1st half and play subs liberally in the 2nd.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:22 pm

anyway, I hope the MD vs. Bosco game is televised, unlike the MD vs. St. Francis game which was not unfortuneately, which was a huge shock.

hocyouthguy

Post by hocyouthguy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:28 pm

KuppRunneth wrote:so you're saying ALL poly kids are tough then? Thats delusional. You mean not one can ever not be soft???

Getting a sack now means you're not soft too?

You make no sense. I'm basing my opinion on watching him for 2 years, being around him at all of these camps since the beginning of the year. Not because he's POLY.

I'd like to see more fire out of him.
Hell yeah, all the Polys I ran with were! And I’ve watched him just as much as you have. Kid’s got a mean streak. Not sure why you’ve got a hate on for him.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:41 pm

besides last years demoralized title game loss Bosco suffered to MD, how many times has it happened in H.S. football history, in which the number 1 ranked team in the nation, was defeated by a lower ranked team at the end? Me asking these type of questions, if only there was a HS sports record guide book somewhere on the Internet that discusses this.

Greenwave

Post by Greenwave » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:09 pm

Bosco best MD who was #1 i the country in the 2016 championship game for starters

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:16 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:besides last years demoralized title game loss Bosco suffered to MD, how many times has it happened in H.S. football history, in which the number 1 ranked team in the nation, was defeated by a lower ranked team at the end? Me asking these type of questions, if only there was a HS sports record guide book somewhere on the Internet that discusses this.
In the 1991 championship game MD beat Eisenhower who was #1 in the nation. In the 1994 championship game MD beat Bishop Amat who was then #1 in the nation. But I don’t claim to be a historian!

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:38 am

hocyouthguy wrote:QR_BBPOST Hell yeah, all the Polys I ran with were! And I’ve watched him just as much as you have. Kid’s got a mean streak. Not sure why you’ve got a hate on for him.
Hate? Because I said he's overrated? I actually think he's a nice kid. I just dont think he's a guy teams like Bosco worry about. There's about 20 other reasons to worry about and he's not one of them.

He got man handled in the first match up last year. Literally quit and played soft the rest of the game.

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:40 am

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:QR_BBPOST anyway, I hope the MD vs. Bosco game is televised, unlike the MD vs. St. Francis game which was not unfortuneately, which was a huge shock.
game is definitely being televised. Biggins and crew will be there. There's no way they wouldnt have it televised. ESPN would have jumped on that if Fox Sports didn't.