2019 Trinity Lg - Round 2

RedPillWonderland

Re: 2019 Trinity Lg - Round 2

Post by RedPillWonderland »

Friars get the ball at the 20 after another touchback.

Leutele absolutely BLOWS UP THE running back again 5 yards in the backfield. Then a quick out to T Mac, immediately tackled by Jackson. Then Fifita tries the deep ball over the head of Jackson that everyone in the stadium knew was coming, Domani breaks it up and signals incomplete right in front of the Asylum. Another Servite punt coming.

Caught by Craig at the MD 42. Jaylin Davies then taunts the Asylum. Rivalry game lol

Another completion by Bryce, followed by a holding that takes me all the way back to the 40 and negates a long completion to KWH after another magical Bruce scramble out of the pocket.

On 2nd and 22, BY completes another pass to Epps about 40 yards across the field on an out. 21 yard gain. 3rd and 1. Pass complete to Epps for a first down inside the 25. Called back due to ANOTHER hold, refs getting flag happy tonight already.

Penalty makes it 3rd and 6 after running it back. BY competed another ball to Epps for 10, he breaks a tackle and scores from 40. HORRENDOUS call by the side judge of a so called illegal block on a pancake block on an overmatched Servite DB by Christian Dixon. Calls back the TD to the 17.

Terrible calls and overzealous Referees with no idea of the rules affecting yet another Trinity Lg game.
RedPillWonderland

Myles Murao pancakes half the Servite defenders, leading the way for Marceese Yetts to score from 17 out. Amazingly no flags on the play. Touchdown Mater Dei.

MD 14 Servite 0 1:06 left 1Q
RedPillWonderland

A Fifita completion and keeper out to the 35 ends the first quarter. A couple short gains followed by Tyler Narayan busting through to sack Fifita. Narayan has played very well this year with no fanfare.

MD gets the ball back around midfield, again.

A couple more BY completions lead up to a Bruce scramble to the left for about 10, dirty late hit out of bounds and another cheap shot by the Friars leads to another flag. Half the distance.

Two plays later Bryce sprints in for a TD from 11 out, up the middle. Spins at the goal line and is crushed 2 seconds after the play on ANOTHER CHEAP SHOT by the Servite tough guys. These kids have zero toughness, all cheap shots. Mini Riot breaks out in the end zone as the MD line runs in to protect its QB. The “Asylum” actually cheers the Friars 4th or 5th dirty cheap shot this game.

mater Dei players sarcastically waving for the Servite kids to cheer even louder for the unsportsmanlike conduct. Ridiculous conduct by Servite cheer section and especially the players. Loser behavior. Is Troy Thomas coaching this garbage? Kids running off both sidelines. Offsetting personal fouls on about 20 kids lol

As for the actual game, Mater Dei is killing Servite, 21-0, 11m left 2Q ; 1:56 on the drive.

Servite gets the ball back, return to the 25 or so, late hit out of bounds sets off a sideline riot ... now MD is retaliating with cheap shots after watching its QB get banged after the play repeatedly on the last drive.

A couple plays later, Fifita stripped naked by Neeley who takes it in for an easy TD, 28-0 MD, 9:20 left 2Q and this has gotten UGLY.

Servite Asylum making the most of the time they have left at the stadium before leaving this humiliating blowout early with these chants: “Bosco’s Better!” (Not looking like that is true at all); “You love transfers” (that’s actually true lol).
RedPillWonderland

Jaylin Davies locks up McMillan on a slant, another Fifita incompletion.

A questionable PI call on Domani Jackson, followed shortly after by another Servite turnover on a Raesjon Davis interception at the Servite 40.

Ref 30 yards behind the pick throws flag on who knows what, about the 15th flag on Mater Dei this half. MD ball at near midfield after the penalty with 8:30 left.

2 more penalties, including a 17 YARD personal foul on Christian Dixon (what the ell??) moves Mater Dei back, then a dropped pass, with cute “you can’t do that” and “butterfingers” chants from the Servite drones.

Monarchs go for it on 4th down and Bryce shuts the Servite kids up with an absolute DIME for a 35 yard TD to Epps. Wow, that was a pro level throw.

35-0 Mater Dei, about 6:30 remaining first half. That was the score of the entire game in 2018. This was supposed to be a new leaf for Servite. This is getting sad lol
RedPillWonderland

After the drive starts off with another post snap fight due to cheap shots, and penalty with Servite ripping off an MD helmet, Servite starts putting its first decent drive together.

A couple completions, including to Centers, moves the ball into MD territory for maybe the first time all night. Then Servite goes to its best offense tonight, back to back lob passes to draw PI penalties on Sidney and Jackson, these actually legit.

4:19 left. Fifita scrambles for a couple, then Ray Lewis I mean Rey Leutele sacks Fifita for his 5th or 6th impact play tonight. Moses Sepulona then streaks in for back to back sacks.

Servite will go for it on 4th down and 21, with 1:42 left, from the 24, after a timeout. Troy really wants to score this year against MD lol. Maybe even in the first half!
RedPillWonderland

T-Bone rethinks it and attempts a 39 yarder, which is good by about 1 yard. Friars on the board for the first time since 2017 against MD.

35-3 MD WITH 1:30 left.

Kick out of bounds; wow Servite lol.

Bryce then Houdinis out of a sack on a blitz and finds CJ Williams at midfield. Magical. Then hits Ware Hudson to the 25. 2 plays, already at the 25. BY scrambling to the right to the 17. Incomplete pass intended for KWH sets up 3rd and 5.

Bryce with an out ball perfectly thrown Drew Brees/Russell Wilson-accurate, before CJ Williams even comes out of his break, caught and turned up for a first down to the 3, fighting for extra yards, post play scrapping for the 50th time this half. Somehow no flag. Williams is a feisty kid, has been since Day 1, has backed down from no one all season.

Then another pass complete to Zamora for another TD with 43 seconds to go. Bryce Young apparently completed his first 15 passes tonight. Geez

Mater Dei scores in 6 plays 65 yards in 46 seconds.

42-3 Mater Dei. Monarchs could score 80 on Servite if they wanted to, and not break a sweat. I can’t tell if Troy Thomas is in his classic sideline squat or if he is falling to his knees in submission.
Last edited by RedPillWonderland on Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedPillWonderland

42-3 at half, Monarchs DOMINATING Servite again.

Welp, so much for Servite making this a game, battling Mater Dei in a close one, or even having any class whatsoever in another ugly defeat. Friars should be ashamed of themselves. On and off the field, between and after the whistles, for their “performance” in this half.

Hopefully Troy Thomas has some mirrors in that visitors locker room so his team and coaches can all take a look in them and play with some pride worthy of the rivalry in the 2nd half.
insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity »

Bosco all over jserra 49-10
RedPillWonderland

insidetrinity wrote: Bosco all over jserra 49-10
I won’t say it lol
RedPillWonderland

Mater Dei gets ball first in 2nd half. A couple completions to Williams and sophomore Samari Staten (who is firmly in the WR rotation now) before MD is stuffed on 3rd down. Nice stop for Servite with no flags or cheap shots. Mater Dei first 3 and out of the game. Friars then ROUGH THE PUNTER lol, my oh my. 15 yards, first down MD. Their best defensive series of the game followed by a bonehead play.

Bryce takes the ball back, scrambles for an easy 20. Then next play BY slings another perfect pass to Epps for I think his 4th TD pass of the night. This is really unfair. I thought Servite would at least compete tonight.

49-3 MD, 8:30 left.

After Rey Leutele almost kills a Servite kid and gets a flag for hitting too hard in a football game,
Servite throws another lob ball to McMillan. Pretty much any time they do that a PI penalty on Jackson is called; I’d just keep doing it on the law of averages.

They do, and try it again the next play to the right; PI not called his time, so I guess either divine intervention or Domani had great coverage there. Plays looked identical to me.

A long completion to the right sideline to some kid for Servite, gain of 30 but then walked back 15 yards due to personal foul on Nicolas Martinez. Then aNother completion to I think Damien Moon; then Moon again to the left; then a couple more completions down to the 8.

A fade ball to McMillan, jump ball in end zone beats Jackson 1 on 1, finally gets Servite in the end zone; also the first time for that against MD since 2017.

8 plays 76 yards, about 4m off the clock.

Kyle Bandy takes direct snap in for the 2 PT conversion.

MD 49 Servite 11 with 4:29 left 3Q.

Servite students chant to MD side “why so quiet?” I guess they can’t see the scoreboard from that end lol
Last edited by RedPillWonderland on Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedPillWonderland

Mater Dei overcomes 4-5 more flags and scores to make it 56-11 with 2m left 3Q.

Basic summary, Bryce Young doing awesome things. Like scrambling 25 yards for a TD and trucking Jack Kane at the goal line, only to have it called back. Eventually MD works it’s way to the 2 and Quincy Craig bangs in for the TD.

4th quarter now, Servite ball at the 32, 2nd and 10.

Pass to Zedeciah Centers broken up and almost picked by Domani Jackson. Fifita has stayed away from Jaylin Davies tonight and almost exclusively targeted Jackson and Cam Sidney.

Timeout MD with 11:16 left.
RedPillWonderland

Running clock in full effect now, 7:06 left, Servite at its own 45, another timeout after another shot at Cam Sidney fails.

Fifita rolls left, throws left, incomplete intended for Centers, 102nd flag of the night thrown for PI. Mater Dei secondary, which was questioned on this board before this game, has not given up many deep completions tonight at all, but refs have thrown flags on pretty much any play that featured any competition for the ball whatsoever.

Mater Dei students and cheerleaders doing the Cupid shuffle, Servite kids singing Sweet Home Alabama (not sure if thats intended for Bryce lol). All as Servite has a 30 yard run by Bandy called back for holding ... on the 103rd penalty of the night. Just let the flags lay on the field, why even pick them up?

Another run tackled for short gain back in Servite territory by Moses Sepulona, who looks like he didn’t miss any games at all.

McMillan catches short pass on 3rd and super long for about his 8th catch, TMac not really been a major factor other than being targeted a lot. I’m sure his stats will look solid and he has drawn a few penalties, catching one 8 yd lob for a TD. But he certainly didn’t do anything to change this game, and barely showed up in the first half. Just being honest.

As Mater Dei cheer dances to “Wobble Baby Wobble”, Kyle Bandy gains 24 on 4th and 26.

Mater Dei ball. The FULL BACKUPS are in with 1m left and I’m calling it a night.

Monarchs DESTROY Servite 56-11. Grotto is gonna be live tonight lol
Last edited by RedPillWonderland on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedPillWonderland

If anyone is curious: the Rollo/T-Bone handshake was indeed less than .2 seconds and Siberia-cold.

Both men walked right past each other like they had accidentally contacted a light pole on the sidewalk.

Clearly there is NO LOVE BEING SHOWN IN THAT “RELATIONSHIP”. Extremely different than Rollo and Negro for example, who really respect each other.

Servite Hut Drill first (looking a bit demoralized), MD Pride Drill finishes it (looking a bit routine). Both teams at least show each other respect in that tradition
RedPillWonderland

RedPillWonderland wrote: I think the conventional wisdom would say that after Bosco had a lot of things exposed against Servite, Bosco is going to struggle on the road this week against a good JSerra team ... I just don’t see it going down like that.
RedPillWonderland wrote: I think Bosco will come out ready to prove a point against the best team they’ve played to date, knowing that the Lions are gunning for them and have had this game circled since last October.
RedPillWonderland

Negro last week, coaching in OC:

“Certainly wasn’t pretty, but at the end of the day, we got a win in this league. That’s a good football team. … We got to clean some things up but to come down to Orange County and win a game is not easy for us, and it’s been that way for years.”

Negro this week, again coaching in OC:

“There was some order restored back into the galaxy tonight,” St. John Bosco coach Jason Negro said. “I’m really pleased with the way we played tonight. It was a very clean game, well-officiated and JSerra is a good football team. I was just really glad to get out of here with a win and stay healthy.”

Lol
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

What can you say, but its MD, then everyone else. MD has not dropped or slowed a step.
Well oiled machine.
Its tough to go week in and week out vs tough teams, last week Bosco, this week MD. Servite obviously has work to do, but keeping it close vs Bosco was moral victory for a young team.
sammy swordsman

Post by sammy swordsman »

I thought Servite did themselves well last night. They stood up to Mater Dei.

With all the hired guns Mater Dei had, the game was never in doubt, but Servite refused to "bend the knee", and for that I am proud of them.

Coach Thomas has reinstilled the "Fight" back into the Friars, which will serve them well moving forward.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

So much for parity...oh the humanity...Templar got some splainin to do...and how bout those JS lions...

#waiting
dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy »

RPW- reading your synopsis of the game was entertaining. The one thing that stands out, and has been an issue for MD, has been penalties. They are so good that they have no problem overcoming them, but 200 yards of penalties? Good lord. Watching the game it could have been worse. Rollo clearly had them fired up for the game but they made stupid penalty after stupid penalty. PI on defense and Holding on offense on nearly every other play. That and all the stupid personal fouls and extra nonsense. The D can’t tackle someone and simply get up? They have to get “tangled up” with them and step over the player when their down then talk sh#t. They are too good to be bush league. Dominate and show respect. No mater what the other team says.

You could try and argue the validly of the penalties, but this is every single week. It’s not the refs because its a different crew every week. It’s the team.

Like I said, it doesn’t matter since they have the best player at nearly every position on the field and they will dominate, but it’s just an ugly side of an amazing team.
dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy »

sammy swordsman wrote:I thought Servite did themselves well last night. They stood up to Mater Dei.

With all the hired guns Mater Dei had, the game was never in doubt, but Servite refused to "bend the knee", and for that I am proud of them.

Coach Thomas has reinstilled the "Fight" back into the Friars, which will serve them well moving forward.
Dude, no.

Servite stopped them once all night, ONCE. And what did they do? Rough the punter and give the ball right back to MD’s offense. That is not “Fight.” That’s dumb. Villa Park could have done that.

I did like the Friar QB, he was solid and has a bright future.