Trinity Lg Football 2019 - Round 3

RedPillWonderland

Re: Trinity Lg Football 2019 - Round 3

Post by RedPillWonderland » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:09 pm

End of 3rd quarter. 45-0 MD. Running clock. Backups in.

Derrick Wilkins limps off injured. Hope he’s good.

Any decent games next week??

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:36 pm

Only a couple possessions in a thankfully quick 4th quarter with the running clock, finished by a crushing hit on a SM RB by MD freshman safety Christian Petero, forces a fumble that Soph DE David Bailey recovers. Petero is a big safety, especially for a 9th grader, has played well on varsity special teams all season, will be one to watch for the 2020 season.

Clock runs out: final score MD 45 SM 0

Just noticed MD junior starting WR Josiah Zamora was not only out tonight but on crutches on the sideline in his school uniform. Did not see him get injured against Servite. That’s a tough loss for MD, he’s been a playmaker this season.

Monarch sophomore WR CJ Williams was also out tonight, did not seem injured from the looks of it (could be concussion or other issue), but was also in his school uniform and not dressed.

Will see if Williams plays against Bosco, but Zamora looks like he will be out.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:05 pm

HEYYYY ITS THE BOSCO TURNOVER CHAIN lol

(How about the OLu DB pointing at Hutson as he runs past the defense for another Bosco score. Tried to use the Force on him I think)

(GEEZUS Negro, throwing “bombs” to Power 5 WR recruits, already up 49-0 on a late 3rd quarter running clock, that’s savage lol — no prisoners, it’s MD WEEK)

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:15 am

RedPillWonderland wrote:Will see if Williams plays against Bosco, but Zamora looks like he will be out.
Hopefully Williams plays next week but Zamora looks to be more serious. Is it confirmed that Levasa was ejected and therefore out against Bosco? What a bone-headed play to let yourself be baited like that. Doesn’t matter if the other player hit him first. Officials often see the retaliation and he has to have more discipline. This is a chronic issue with this team.
Will we ever see Ford this season, the OL that transferred from Texas? I know he was injured prior to the season. Would be a shame for him to miss the entire season. MD could always use depth on the OL. With Levasa out they will likely move the Fatoalia or Tupe to OL. But then that decreases their depth on the DL.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:29 pm

OutOfState wrote:QR_BBPOST Is it confirmed that Levasa was ejected and therefore out against Bosco?
He was definitely ejected from the game. I believe both kids were (Other kid was #59, listed on SMCHS roster as senior Jaren Harris). It’s usually assumed an ejection means a 1 game suspension, but maybe there are extenuating circumstances/appeals and he will be able to play v Bosco.

Levasa is a big part of the chemistry on that line (4 years with Marks and Murao and 3 with Miki Han). But MD will be fine either way, based on the fact that Levasa has missed basically two games this year and they haven’t missed a beat, based on the fact their QB is the High School Russell Wilson, based on the fact MD has as much OL depth as any team in the country, and based on the fact that Bosco’s DL isn’t its defensive strength.
OutOfState wrote:QR_BBPOST What a bone-headed play to let yourself be baited like that.
Agree.
OutOfState wrote:QR_BBPOST Officials often see the retaliation and he has to have more discipline. This is a chronic issue with this team.
It’s a chronic issue for a lot of teams, including Bosco. The notorious Trinity League zebras and their ability (or inability) to manage the MD/Bosco game will have as big an impact on the outcome as anything else, unfortunately.
OutOfState wrote:QR_BBPOST Will we ever see Ford this season, the OL that transferred from Texas? I know he was injured prior to the season. Would be a shame for him to miss the entire season. MD could always use depth on the OL.

Ford broke his leg in August, usually at least a 3 month injury, if not more, depending on severity. We’ll see if he returns during the season, hopefully he gets to play, just for his own sake and senior season, aside from more depth for MD.
OutOfState wrote:QR_BBPOST With Levasa out they will likely move the Fatoalia or Tupe to OL. But then that decreases their depth on the DL.
Faatoalia is already playing OL, he replaced Levasa last night. Plus they have Mosula Tapusoa and others as capable OL depth with some starting experience. As for DL, Sione Moa played a ton of snaps last night at Nose Tackle, and has played a lot all season. Sefita Tupe being back was already a boost there.

With Moa and Faatoalia capable of playing both ways as needed, plus the way they rotate edge rushers and extra DBs in the defensive scheme, I think their depth is more than fine in the trenches for this game.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Game story on the SJB blowout of OLu:

Game story on the MD blowout/shutout of SM:

Updated Trinity standings:

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:20 pm

Apparently the Trinity League isn’t the only local private school league with postgame sportsmanship issues:

ocderblood

Post by ocderblood » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:50 am

RedPill why such hostility towards Jserra? Why imply that oc or head coach should be on hot seat? Do you know anything about the kids at that school? Some things are true- Green's family are a bunch of bad apples, but thats about all you got correct.I would love to know why high school football is so important to you? Here is a tip for you - players and coaches are trying to do what they think gives them the best chance to win. Winning is always about players rarely about coaches. If you have better players you should win the game. Most high school coaches are better than you think. If they have the right players they will win. Parents on the other hand are selfish and unrealistic and they can cause a team to crumble from the inside out. ( and they never know anything about football) Me being a parent. The way you love Mater Dei you must be a monarch and I say to you congrats you have the best players you will win all your games. Switch staffs at Mater Dei and Santa Margarita and records would be the same. Most of the trinity league teams are very good high school football teams in any other league in the county however they play in a league with Mater Dei and Bosco. Your reply or comments make you seem hostile, the number of posts -make you seem old and lonely, for that i am truly sorry. Take a red pill and relax its only high school football

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:02 am

He's no Monarch
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:22 am

RedPillWonderland wrote:Tetairoa McMillan catch went viral, made it all the way to ESPN and SC Top 10 (via Who’s Next):

Big deal... he's nothing but a volleyball player.

ShaneFalco

Post by ShaneFalco » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:50 am

RedPillWonderland has gone dark? I sorta missed the spam like Twitter posts and TLTR play by play. Thanks JQP.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:44 pm

joefutbol wrote:QR_BBPOST Big deal... he's nothing but a volleyball player.
I still get a chuckle out of that one.