Mater Dei v St John Bosco - Trinity League Super Bowl 2019

Kuppster

Re: Mater Dei v St John Bosco - Trinity League Super Bowl 2019

Post by Kuppster » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:30 am

OutOfState wrote:The hit was questionably late. I have no issue with the flag but he definitely should not be ejected for it which he thankfully wasn't.
I actually have a bigger issue with the play where he stood over Dixon after tackling him on a 3rd down key reception. My problem is that earlier in the game the ref threw a flag at Jaylan Davies for talking to a Bosco receiver after a play. If that deserved a flag then so too to Jon Jon standing over Dixon. Either throw the flag on both, or better yet, it's emotional kids playing football so just let them play and don't throw a flag at all.
yeah, talking and standing over someone is different. Domani Jackson would get two penalties a game if he was called for standing over a player.

OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:47 am

Big Dave and DJ decided to play Freshman football with DJ's classmates.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:36 pm

jb914 wrote:Have you considered switching your trolling speed or changing your bait?
Have you considered admitting you're wrong?

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:27 pm

OldSunsetFan wrote:Big Dave and DJ decided to play Freshman football with DJ's classmates.
what does this even mean?

Or is this an inside joke/sarcasm?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:58 pm

joefutbol wrote:Sure looks "well out of bounds" to me...
Nice try Joe, but all of those pics are just before #6's helmet made contact, the other guy down low is not the issue. Plus, the first two are from a terrible angle, and what's with the trump magic marker? Are we supposed to be able to tell what the heck it's circling from that distance and angle?

The third pick is from the best angle and that's the one I pointed out in the youTube video as proof. But you conveniently chose a frame or two before the hit while he was still in bounds. Notice the helmets have not met. In the video when Young's head snaps back he's
well
out of bounds.

Anyone interested in the actual unedited video and not cherry-picked shots can just do what I said above. It's not that hard.

But kudos regardless, it must have taken a lot of work to freeze those frames at the split second before he went out.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

dntn31

Post by dntn31 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:57 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:QR_BBPOST Nice try Joe
You realize you're replying to the wrong person right? I posted the the screenshots.
Omar Bongo wrote:QR_BBPOST The third pick is from the best angle and that's the one I pointed out in the youTube video as proof. But you conveniently chose a frame or two before the hit while he was still in bounds. Notice the helmets have not met. In the video when Young's head snaps back he's
well out of bounds.
You are incorrect. Here is a sequence of frames from the Fox Sports West broadcast that show Bryce's right foot still in bounds and in contact with the ground when the hit was initiated. In particular, look at the advance from frames 4-5. You'll notice 3 things: 1) Bryce's right foot remains in contact with the ground, in bounds. 2) Bryce's left foot remains in the air (he has not yet established himself as being out of bounds). 3) Bryce's helmet changes directions between frames 4 and 5 indicating that his momentum has shifted and the hit had been initiated. All of these facts show that he was not "well out of bounds".
fsw_frame1.PNG
fsw_frame2.PNG
fsw_frame3.PNG
fsw_frame4.PNG
fsw_frame5.PNG
fsw_frame6.PNG
Here is another sequence of frames that shows the hit from a different angle (again confirming he was in bounds when the hit was initiated).
frame1.PNG
frame2.PNG
frame3.PNG
frame4.PNG
frame5.PNG
frame6.PNG
Omar Bongo wrote:QR_BBPOST But kudos regardless, it must have taken a lot of work to freeze those frames at the split second before he went out.
Actually, getting screenshots like this is quite trivial if you have a moderate understanding of how to use a computer. If you're interested in learning how, let me know.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:23 pm

dont be that guy wrote:Wrong on both accounts. He had plenty of time to stop, he pulled up inbounds and took a shot. Inbounds and with a shoulder not a helmet. There shouldn’t even have been a flag on the play. It was a hard hit but one the BY could have easily avoided. He wanted the flag.
Targeting is not only helmet-to-helmet contact. It can also be leading with helmet, shoulder forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.

That's what #6 did to Bryce. He did it again later to Dixon and stood over him. He was only flagged once and that didn't seem to change his mind to try it again with Dixon. I bet getting ejected will.

Levasa for MD was ejected, what was that for? jawwing or a little shovie shovie match with another lineman where they traded insults? If you are going to eject guys for that then you should for targeting too.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:30 pm

dntn31 wrote:You realize you're replying to the wrong person right? I posted the the screenshots.
Sorry, Joe was the one who asked me if I wanted him to post the pics...my eyes went right to them, didn't even look at the name
dntn31 wrote:You are incorrect.
No, I'm not. Once again, why should anybody who wants to see what really happened trust a series of cherry-picked frames when they can see the unedited actual video of the play in super slo-mo?

I've made my point, I don't see the need to keep beating it to death. If you want to keep knocking yourself out, be my guest.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

dntn31

Post by dntn31 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:QR_BBPOST No, I'm not. Once again, why should anybody who wants to see what really happened trust a series of cherry-picked frames when they can see the unedited actual video of the play in super slo-mo?
How are the sequence of frames that I posted, from the video you referenced, "cherry-picked"? They show the lead up to, the initiation of and the a frame after the initiation of the hit. Are you suggesting that I "edited" the screenshots? Also, here's a hint: instead of selecting "0.25" playback speed on YouTube, you can press the "." (period) and "," (comma) buttons on your keyboard to advance or reverse frame by frame. This is exactly what I did in creating these screenshots. Did you even bother looking at them or was that simply too much effort?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:47 pm

How are the sequence of frames that I posted, from the video you referenced, "cherry-picked"?

Here's hint for you: Because they are. Did you post every frame of the video?

dntn31

Post by dntn31 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:05 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:QR_BBPOST Did you post every frame of the video?
Did I post every frame from the entire 3+ hour Fox Sports West broadcast? No.

Did I post every frame of the sequence that shows the lead up to, initiation of the hit and following the hit from multiple source videos including the Fox Sports West broadcast? Yes.

This is sort of a pointless path to venture down though, right? If you have a frame before the hit, a frame of the hit and a frame after the hit, how is that not sufficient? Either way, I went above and beyond that.

Feel a bit like

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:07 pm

This has all been amusing, BUT; the bottom line is - it doesn't matter if BY was in-bounds or out of bounds,
a helmet to helmet contact is a player ejection offense, geez...

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:55 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:This season is far from over, but you know that, don't you?
obviously I know that, it's because I feel I can guarantee MD is going to 3-peat this season, during the entire Rollo era at MD, MD has never, or just very rarely, been the victim of upsets, in which the media has favored them to win, but they have won a good amount of times being the underdog.

2002tony

Post by 2002tony » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:48 am

cruiser wrote:This has all been amusing, BUT; the bottom line is - it doesn't matter if BY was in-bounds or out of bounds,
a helmet to helmet contact is a player ejection offense, geez...
it is a 15 yard personal foul penalty for helmet to helmet contact - not an ejection. Seen that penalty called at least 10 times over the last 3 years and not 1 had an ejection with it.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:31 am

2002tony wrote:QR_BBPOST it is a 15 yard personal foul penalty for helmet to helmet contact - not an ejection. Seen that penalty called at least 10 times over the last 3 years and not 1 had an ejection with it.
Unless it is deemed targeting in which case the player is ejected.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:49 am

Thank you

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:11 am

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:obviously I know that, it's because I feel I can guarantee MD is going to 3-peat this season, during the entire Rollo era at MD, MD has never, or just very rarely, been the victim of upsets, in which the media has favored them to win, but they have won a good amount of times being the underdog.
One of those rarities was vs Bosco in the final a few years ago, so they definitely have the best chance and it’s not like Bosco didn’t have their chances but blew them.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:13 am

NeilMcCauley wrote:Was JJ Collins not on the field for MD? Or am I Blind.
Who is JJ Collins?

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:32 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:QR_BBPOST No, I'm not. Once again, why should anybody who wants to see what really happened trust a series of cherry-picked frames when they can see the unedited actual video of the play in super slo-mo?
That's some Trump-level distortion of alternative facts right there. You're actually calling those pictures edited and cherry-picked? So... fake news? Jesus, Omar, this is a new low for you.

You were wrong. His feet were in and it's clear as day to everyone but the unobjective viewer.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:35 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:QR_BBPOST Sorry, Joe was the one who asked me if I wanted him to post the pics...my eyes went right to them, didn't even look at the name
So... you were wrong?!? Say it ain't so!