Servite at Mission

Playthegame

Servite at Mission

Post by Playthegame » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:47 pm

Two weeks to get ready, study film etc...going to be great game this year and would be spectacular next year in a rematch!

OutOfState

Re: Servite at Mission

Post by OutOfState » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:46 am

It should be a good game indeed. But why are we talking about next year? Let’s just please enjoy this year first and after the season we can think about year.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary quote removed

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:02 am

At this rate their next matchup won't be for another 50 years
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:10 am

Uh...no, because they will both be really good next year, MV will be getting out flow from JSerra and SM, Servite from IE, both schools will be very good, they have played great games in the past...

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:27 am

Study film???

On your VCR, or are you going to pay your 8 trac?, on your way to the post office to "MAIL " letters???

It's 2019 dummy!!!! please get with the program.

The teams use IPADs on the side lines with large screen TV'S

Where you been buddy?

Study film??? Establish the run game, defense wins Championships, can you be more Cliche??

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:34 am

Gosh...I wouldn’t know...everyone I talk to still calls it film, and we use cameras, I do use an IPad to upload my stuff live...I am looking at adding some Tupperware for storage...

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:02 am

That's the point "everyone" you talk to.

Must be a REAL INTERESTING GROUP!!!!!!

Do you all still hear well? and have your original teeth?

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:56 am

I'm just glad you're not innnnnn the group...

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:22 pm

The dumbing down for entry would be too humiliating, and I'd never be able to recover.

I'd have to shower extra long at just the thought of it!!!!

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:30 pm

Ok, back to the game. This match-up is, IMO, the most intriguing by far of the projected first round games. MV comes in undefeated but has played a very soft schedule, especially in comparison to Servite. MV's defense is statistically impressive in terms of points allowed, but again their league is weak and their preseason schedule was not challenging. Servite has been in the arena with much tougher competition and features kids that fly around on defense and an offense that has elite talent at the wide out positions, a solid offensive line and a cool hand at the controls who can make all the throws.

They have a common opponent in Santa Margarita which MV beat by 11 points ( 21-10 ), while Servite beat the Eagles by 4 touchdowns (27-0 ). MV played them the second game of the season, so I'm guessing the Diablos have improved. The biggest question mark in my mind is can MV DB's get the job done. Their defensive front seven is solid, but that T-Mac kid will test the secondary, as will the other Friar receivers.

Lastly, Servite will have the advantage of having dealt with the defenses of both Bosco ( a game they should have won ) and MD. MV will not intimidate them. Hard to say how MV will react to a team with the Friar's talent, not to say the Diablos won't rise up, but Servite is better than anyone they've played and the Friars are well coached as well. Place oughta be rockin'....

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:03 pm

Diablos are vastly improved in the secondary, Burns and McDonald very under the radar kid, Fitch and Bailey, LB corp strong, Mascarenas and Meyer, Waraday. Costelli making nice accurate throws, Anderson and Nenand plus a few unheralded names coming to a venue near you, O line good, run game sound w Scott, Robertson, Mascarenas, everybody healthy, two weeks to get ready...these may be the 3 and 4 best teams in the county...

I think everybody knows who they are...going to be a jacked house for sure, Mission has huge visitor side so could be close to 5500 in attendance for this game...SOS favors Servite, MV greatly improved, balanced with a formidable defense...TT vs. CJ... HiPowered offense vs. a stingy D that will get after you...two weeks is going to seem like a month...

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Mission Viejo defeated Servite in the 2016 and 2017 CIF SS playoffs. MV has greatly improved in the trenches as their victory in the Linemen Challenge Tug of War last summer against SJB suggest. How 'bout them Devils ! :mrgreen:

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:45 pm

Winner of this game season ends the following week so enjoy!!!

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:07 pm

templar83 wrote:QR_BBPOST They have a common opponent in Santa Margarita which MV beat by 11 points ( 21-10 ), while Servite beat the Eagles by 4 touchdowns (27-0 ).
They also have a common opponent in Villa Park which Servite beat by 38 points, (47-9) while Mission beat the Spartans by 8 touchdowns (59-0)

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:21 pm

Daforno wrote:Winner of this game season ends the following week so enjoy!!!
That is pro...found! The season has been over for four years...same result every year, :cheers:

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Exocet 98 wrote:QR_BBPOST MV has greatly improved in the trenches as their victory in the Linemen Challenge Tug of War last summer against SJB suggest.
Yes, if company picnic events are part of the competition come the evening of the 15th Servite is doomed...

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:14 pm

I hope Servite kicks mv’s ass so bad that c.j. goes on a rant about how unfair it is playing the Trinity League and tries to stir up more of his BS. He’s a tool bag and I can’t wait till Bosco gets a chance to play them in the near future and runs up the score. Let’s go Friars!!!

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Only mystery is "if MV wins" where is the burial?

Do they flip a coin as both had the home game?

Really doesn't matter, MV or Santa Ana.

Sixth Man

Post by Sixth Man » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:24 pm

All coaches still call it film and tell their players to study film btw. Not some, all.

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:32 pm

Daforno wrote:Study film???

On your VCR, or are you going to pay your 8 trac?, on your way to the post office to "MAIL " letters???

It's 2019 dummy!!!! please get with the program.

The teams use IPADs on the side lines with large screen TV'S

Where you been buddy?

Study film??? Establish the run game, defense wins Championships, can you be more Cliche??
FYI: The term “Film Study” is still the widely used in the Coach and Player game prep vernacular. 10 min ago I got a text from a coaching buddy telling me he just finished breaking down 7 FILMS of potential playoff opponent.
I know “where you AINT been”, in a coaching bunker on Sunday prepping for a game by breaking down FILM.
I will concede that some may sub the word video for film. Tomato TomaHto.