Servite at Mission

Omar Bongo

Re: Servite at Mission

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Come to think of it I can't recall him ever grounding it like DJ when he can't find anyone open
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:03 pm

Come to think of it I can't ever remember him grounding it when he can't find anyone open...apparently not in his DNA
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

NJtoNYCtoSOC

Post by NJtoNYCtoSOC » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:16 am

Some thoughts from last night’s game:

- Fifita to T-Mac was lethal, for the first time since the Centennial scrimmage exposing the MV secondary as their weak spot...CJ should do whatever he can to schedule a D1 team or Helix/Cathedral next year
- I was sitting next to a lot of the MV dads and most seemed to walk out of the stadium with a bad taste in their mouth...the D let up some big plays late and the penalties were out of control
- Without the benefit of replay, it was tough to judge the legitimacy of the flags...seemed like penalty yardage was about 200 yards to 10 yards in favor of Servite
- Although it was an intense game, I saw a lot of opposing players helping each other up and can’t recall any dirty hits...mutual respect that was refreshing to see
- To the Servite white t-shirt crew driving along Chrisanta after the game and taunting the middle aged Diablo fans walking home, you go to a Catholic HS and should be above that nonsense...be better

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:13 am

Entertaining game, MV way to many penalties, as often the case this year many questionable, but that’s the game this year. MV failed to capitalize on two turn overs, and DB’s had some break downs in coverage. TMac went to La Paz elementary up the street from MV...just sayin...

Servite on the field, never let up, 4qtrs, MV will gain a lot from speed in this game, and expose break downs, hopefully zone vs. man gets worked out and lapses will be less frequent.

Still...weekly improvement, now on to face the World Champs...great season, besides winning, great to be playing Nat#1 in the semis in The CIF SS...

12 games this year, 13 next yr...

#nothingtoloose

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:57 pm

PTG,
It will be a good one, if you can get some hits on that MD QB. That kid is slippery, and accurate.
The MV dline and Masceranas will have their hands full. If Meyer and fitch can take away epps, maybe Kenely can get some sacks. That MD OLINE IS MASSIVE. Just think back to the scrimmage vs CC and last nights game, then the Justin Flowe kid, Plus CP3 from La Habra, that will be MD. They are loaded!
Gonna need to pull out all the stops. manipulate that MD D! Motions and formations, misdirection.
Just plain smash mouth as well. I dont hink MD'S secondary is that good, but MV'S qb is not the best passer either. Gonna need to be in this one. earn those HORNS!

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:29 am

You would think with Servite's outstanding soccer program they could find a kicker that could kick the ball deep and maybe make an extra point attempt.The Mission Viejo kicker was the difference in this game putting every kickoff in the end zone. Servite allowing the kickoff return to inside the 5 yard line late in the 4th quarter was the final knockout blow.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:10 am

... not only that,if Servite had made their PAT kicks in the Bosco game, they would have WON!
I think their kicker also missed a doable FG in the game for most kickers?

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Not only from the soccer program, but nowadays there are camps for everything.

Chris Sailor ( ex. UCLA kicker ) runs a fabulous company that trains kickers and punters.

Weekends and then a show case twice a year in Vegas ( during the NCAA allowed contact time )

Any decent high school program can have a great kicker you just need to invest!

NO EXCUSE for Servite ( who claim wants to play with the big boys again!!!) to have such an abysmal kicking game.

After they scored, the kid has to kick a touch back, anything less and you saw the results, game over!!!!

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:24 pm

It baffles me how coaches overlook special teams and especially the kickers. Thats Defense and offense all wrapped up in one. The kid at Bosco, / WR, who used to be at olu, is the best at it.
If you a PROGRAM, you dont neglect that phase of the game.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:42 pm

hit the lights wrote:
> PTG,
> It will be a good one, if you can get some hits on that MD QB. That kid
> is slippery, and accurate.
> The MV dline and Masceranas will have their hands full. If Meyer and fitch
> can take away epps, maybe Kenely can get some sacks. That MD OLINE IS
> MASSIVE. Just think back to the scrimmage vs CC and last nights game, then
> the Justin Flowe kid, Plus CP3 from La Habra, that will be MD. They are
> loaded!
> Gonna need to pull out all the stops. manipulate that MD D! Motions and
> formations, misdirection.
> Just plain smash mouth as well. I dont hink MD'S secondary is that good,
> but MV'S qb is not the best passer either. Gonna need to be in this one.
> earn those HORNS!

MD vs MV is not gonna be a good game, stop it.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:52 pm

They have a (long) shot if they catch MD looking ahead, although every break has to go their way as well.
George Will

Donald Trump

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:40 pm

I hope that perfect game happens...still if your only loss of the season is to the number one team in the Nation...and you make top 25...Damn good year...

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:54 am

How the mighty have fallen, I remember when at MV anything less than C.I.F finalist was considered a so so season, now our" football genius" tells us 1 loss to the number 1 team in the nation is a great year.

Let's see a sampling of MV 's opponents this year by national ranking!

Santa margarita 1024 ( MD opponent due to the Trinity league commitment , MD has no choice)
La Habra 172 ( there's a biggie )
El Toro 8022
Capo Valley 2013
Tesoro 444

With teams like that on you schedule I'd hope you would be "undefeated"

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:24 am

So after God knows how many years Monarchs were the cream puff kings, now since Daforno joined the squad they schedule really tough programs like Villa Park...

Scheduling is a bit of a cooperative effort, it takes two to tango, the above post shows a complete ignorance of the process, as she pointed out your league games are set by league in CIFSS, you usually do a two year deal...obviously MV SOS is lower, but still adequate for preparation. MV has to find 6 games to play next season...not going to be easy as most teams do not want to schedule the current top four D1 teams...Coaches...MV is looking for games...

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:22 pm

Would that be the SAME Villa Park that MV had on their schedule???

Number 1529, that really will help MV’s strength of schedule a big improvement from 8022 and 2013.

You are such a dunce!!! Calling out a team that your own boys played. If you are going to be so unprepared, get off the line as you are wasting space.

Of course it’s hard to get games, but at least MD will go to any length to get QUALITY teams, MV plays the” best team in Hawaii” ( what an oxymoron )
NO question if MV played Md schedule plus MD, 4 losses minimum, MD, Bosco, CC and The Maryland school probably.
I really don’t understand why you are blind to reality, MV once was a step ahead with their AG program, Now everyone basically has an Ag program ( get who ever you need and make them eligible)
MV is a nice Mid level D1 school who by the luck of a coin toss, ALWAYS seems to play at home!!!
3 years ago Rancho Cucamonga ( loss ) then MD 2 years in a row ( 2 losses ) and once again another home game.
Just think of the carnage if they played those games on the road???

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:55 pm

I guess it's easy to pump your chest , when your at the top . Private Schools like MD, with unlimited monies and can fly kids in or bus from all over. The new IMG. Or worse than IMG? It's comparing Apples and oranges. MD and Bosco
Need to be in a circuit with those types of teams, and be ousted from CIF competition. Not a level playing field.
Private vs public , gotta keep em separated.

sportsfan12

Post by sportsfan12 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:48 pm

#How to block Daforno? Please don't post so much since I have to figure out how to block you and don't want to spend the time to figure it out.
The guy says that even if MV loses to MD (#1 team in the nation) in CIF semifinals that they would've still had a good year. And you have a problem with that? So you're saying MV didn't have a "good" year? Then you go on to list opponent's national rankings and leave off San Clemente and Servite?

You make this board worse, not better, with your nonsensical hate issues.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:51 pm

ALL those years when MV was effectively a private school with the AG program basically getting any kid in South County, under the guise of enrolling as a farmer, there were more farmers enrolled at MV than in Iowa.
ALL those years of beating up on El Toro, Capo Valley, Tesoro, Trabuco Hills, talk about a level playing field NEVER bothered you then when you were the MD and BOSCO of south county did it?
Boo Hoo, 10 wins is great against limited competition, so what is your solution? punish the people MD and Bosco who figured out the system and simply did it better than you!
Get better and go deeper in the playoffs stop complaining, trying to break up the C.I.F. no one tried to kick MV out of the C.I.F. when the Ag program was rolling did they???

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:54 pm

sportsfan12 wrote:
> You make this board worse, not better, with your nonsensical hate issues

hit the lights wrote:
> I guess it's easy to pump your chest , when your at the top

Don't be fooled, this guy is a ringer trying to make MD fans look bad

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:22 pm

You can't be serious can you and want to compare strength of schedules???

I left off Servite as MD and MV BOTh played them so a wash, ok I'll ADD San Clemente #112 to MV and then Corona Centennial #9 to MD, your argument doesn't get better.

Any other suggestions Knucklehead???