What California QB is more accomplished than Bryce Young?

OCurbanlegend

Re: What California QB is more accomplished than Bryce Young?

Post by OCurbanlegend » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Domingo

I think the most important thing is not how talented the guys are playing next to Bryce but the fact that none of them are Catholic...they are probably Godless pagans that summon the underworld to make all this happen ROFL

Amack001

Post by Amack001 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:55 pm

Nice looking spreadsheet! But are looking at the same table, because BY leads in nearly every single category covered statistically. I mean come on...74% compl rate, 320 yds passing per game (34 run), and 39TDs to 3 Ints!? Yess better overall players on MD which doesn’t hurt wins.

Again, I LOVE the spreadsheet, but couldn’t have picked a better dataset to reinforce BY QB supremacy.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:15 pm

To answer the question at the time...best guess...CJStroud...beebeep...

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:36 am

This holiday CIF Championship week and weekend will feature two of the best high school QB's in the nation, playing right here in our own OC backyards. Both have their respected teams in a position to take those titles. It's ORANGE COUNTY vs LOS ANGELES COUNTY in D1 & D3 starting tonight....

Film study almost like a family holiday for Corona del Mar’s Ethan Garbers
https://www.latimes.com/sports/highscho ... e-brethren
90-2.jpeg
By SHOTGUN SPRATLING
NOV. 28, 2019 7:24 PM

Thanksgiving is about football and family.

Unfortunately, for the Garbers brothers, football is what kept them from being together this year on the holiday. Chase, who is California’s starting quarterback, is with the Golden Bears preparing for the team’s regular-season finale at UCLA while younger brother Ethan has his own matchup this weekend. He leads Corona del Mar High against Simi Valley Grace Brethren in the CIF Southern Section Division 3 championship game Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Newport Harbor High.

It will keep them from getting an extra film session in together because family time equals film study time for the Garbers brothers.

“Throwing the football around or watching film. That’s kind of how we spend time together,” Ethan said. “Whenever he comes home, we always turn on some film and and watch how college defenses work because college and high school defenses are very different. He kind of teaches me all the new things and shows me what I should be looking for and all that. He’s extremely helpful and he’s a great resource to have and I’m grateful for him.”
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:14 pm

SK80 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:36 am
This holiday CIF Championship week and weekend will feature two of the best high school QB's in the nation, playing right here in our own OC backyards. Both have their respected teams in a position to take those titles. It's ORANGE COUNTY vs LOS ANGELES COUNTY in D1 & D3 starting tonight....

Film study almost like a family holiday for Corona del Mar’s Ethan Garbers
https://www.latimes.com/sports/highscho ... e-brethren

90-2.jpeg

By SHOTGUN SPRATLING
NOV. 28, 2019 7:24 PM

Thanksgiving is about football and family.

Unfortunately, for the Garbers brothers, football is what kept them from being together this year on the holiday. Chase, who is California’s starting quarterback, is with the Golden Bears preparing for the team’s regular-season finale at UCLA while younger brother Ethan has his own matchup this weekend. He leads Corona del Mar High against Simi Valley Grace Brethren in the CIF Southern Section Division 3 championship game Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Newport Harbor High.

It will keep them from getting an extra film session in together because family time equals film study time for the Garbers brothers.

“Throwing the football around or watching film. That’s kind of how we spend time together,” Ethan said. “Whenever he comes home, we always turn on some film and and watch how college defenses work because college and high school defenses are very different. He kind of teaches me all the new things and shows me what I should be looking for and all that. He’s extremely helpful and he’s a great resource to have and I’m grateful for him.”
DAFORNO... What the heck? FILM? Are these kids living in the 80’s? Who watches film?
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:57 pm

Shotgun Spratling?? Why not Gatling?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Domingo

Post by Domingo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:30 am

This thread didn’t age well. Again, BY was a fantastic HS talent but all this talk about the “most accomplished ever” or best in school history was ridiculous. Kid was surrounded by D1 players at EVERY single position on offense. I can count on ONE hand the QB’s in CA State history that have had that luxury. And in the biggest game of his career?? Well, let’s just say he wasn’t even the best on the field. Good luck at Bama.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:41 am

Bad day at/for 'Bama all around.....
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:48 pm

Domingo wrote:This thread didn’t age well.
One game negates a career...what was your major accomplishment in high school, litter patrol leader?

How many QBs past or present can say they led their team to CIF Open Division SS, State and National Titles? Don't hurt your brain, it's a very small number.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

jb914

Post by jb914 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:55 am

SK80 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:41 am
Bad day at/for 'Bama all around.....
I think most teams would give their left nut for a 2 loss season considering the hobbled defense and loss of a heisman candidate QB.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:30 pm

Most teams use Alabama as a "model", no disrespect and no knock on that. My comment was all about one day out of a year. By 'Bama standards, that was not one of their best days losing to their rival, likely losing their shot at a NCAA D1 Championship and their future star QB recruit ended his illustrious high school career in the same way by losing to his arch-rival, losing a national championship.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:35 pm

I think we have a winner, Drama Queen auditions are now closed.
George Will

Donald Trump

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:09 pm

Can't wait to see next seasons QB1 on netflix and watch the ending. Going to feel good all over again.

jb914

Post by jb914 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:27 pm

Kuppster wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:09 pm
Can't wait to see next seasons QB1 on netflix and watch the ending. Going to feel good all over again.
feeding your Schadenfreude, huh? :lol:

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:39 pm

jb914 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:27 pm
feeding your Schadenfreude, huh? :lol:
not gonna lie, i had to google that.

It seems a bit harsh to use that word.

I actually love Bryce Young. Great kid. I like and know many of the kids on MD. Seen them grow up and become young men with some getting free educations. I get a kick out of seeing kids get free educations.

This is more for my pleasure against the MD fans and Rollo. Nothing against the kids.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:35 pm

I wonder if this is the right thread to ask this question, which California QB is the best in state history that never won a ring? I believe Matt Barkley is definetley among them

benotafraid

Post by benotafraid » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 pm

Really uneducated guess here....Tom Brady?

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:32 pm

benotafraid wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 pm
Really uneducated guess here....Tom Brady?
Lol. Yes Tom Brady is arguably the best QB ever from CA. But I think we are talking about QBs that had illustrious high school careers. Tom Brady was not highly recruited. Neither was Aaron Rodgers. It’s safe to say they have been successful QBs after high school :notworthy:

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:10 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:48 pm
How many QBs past or present can say they led their team to CIF Open Division SS, State and National Titles? Don't hurt your brain, it's a very small number.
Well, how many years has the Open Division championship been around?

benotafraid

Post by benotafraid » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:13 pm

Josh Rosen
DJ uiagelelei
Bryce Young
JT Daniels

That’s my guess