MV vs MD

BuckW

Re: MV vs MD

Post by BuckW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:38 am

This will be a 35 to 40 point win for Mater Dei. I think Servite exposed the overrated MV defense last week. By the 4th quarter the MV defense was done, hands on knees gasping for air. They had not faced a team that put up a fight in 8 weeks. If Mater Dei can keep Costelli in the pocket and force him to throw the ball this game could be a shutout. Costelli can run but is not an accurate passer. He has actually regressed as a passer this year. He has thrown for 600 less yards this year over last year and has the same 50% completion rate. Not good for a high school quarterback that is surrounded by outstanding receivers.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:36 am

Stack the box. Game over.

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Costelli reminds me of Chris Rix. Outstanding athlete with speed and arm strength but not an accurate passer. Remember Rix was so bad throwing the ball during his senior year at SM that he was move to wide receiver. I could see this same thing happening next season with Costelli because they have an outstanding freshman QB who I can't see sticking around next season as a sophomore to back up Costelli. Kids today don't want to wait until junior year to start since most are holdbacks.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Game won’t be competitive. Watching MV in person was enlightening. They are a solid overall team that does various things well and the QB is a hell of an athlete. However their lack of passing game and the porous secondary is going to get them killed Friday by at least 5-6 TDs, depending on when the dogs are called off. That #92 on the edge is a real problem though and I can see him beating the tackles and causing Bryce to have to dance a little but he’ll still kill them making plays with his feet and arm. 52-7 sounds about right. If it’s closer than that, then MV deserves credit.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:48 pm

MV assistant who sees this thread to CJ: "You're gonna need a bigger bulletin board"
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:01 am

if you need bulletin board material at this point of the season against MD, you've lost already

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:36 pm

You use everything you have. They've been the favorite in every game until now, this is their first chance to play this angle...it would be coaching malpractice if they didn't

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Keep it real folks, MD should dominate this game just like they have every other team they have played this year, is what it is, no illusions just play the game to the best of your ability and at the end of the night, you will know just how good you are.

This season better than last, next season better than this season, MV like Servite is on the rise...

Now I will be on my knees praying for grace...anything is possible for the ones who believe...

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:40 am

So you are going to be "down" on your knees?

Interesting!!!

I guess anything for a victory!!!

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:08 pm

i never said it was a rule, it's just a common trend, to pull the starter out of the game, if the game is a blowout, to give the back-up players playing experience.

Exocet 98

Post by Exocet 98 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:01 am

Congrats to Mater Dei. That was a very impressive performance. Good luck next week.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:43 am

How in the world did someone on the MV staff "THINK" playing man coverage was going to be a good idea against MD?

Maybe they decided after "breaking down film "???? What do coaches really do when they claim they work 16 hour days???

Or was it that the vaunted MV defense front 7 ( what 7.8 pts allowed per game ) was going to pressure Young and the 4 DB's would hang on????

Epps ran free all night, it was ridiculous and clearly showed the gigantic gap between MD and MV. What it showed to me was that just maybe these coaches really aren't the geniuses they are made out to be.
Anyone can be a defensive genius again Capo Valley.

The 2 TD's at the end were meaningless so please you MV honks don't claim some valueless score ( like we scored as many as Bosco did!!!)
It was embarrassing at HOME 3 years in a row.
Getting out of the open division is starting to look real good right now.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:00 am

"Getting out of the open division is starting to look real good right now." ~ Daforno

So watching this and CC get blown, should the publics caught in the possible field of 8 tank their last games to get into D2 ? Sounds lame and logical in the same breath.

So here we are again, D1 Finals - Two Privates, D2 Finals - Two Privates, D3 Finals - One Private - One Public.

Daforno, if it's any consolation, it didn't much matter what your "D" coaches were scheming or not. It wasn't going to change the outcome of that game in any way.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:37 pm

MV looked much better against MD's tuition paying players in the 4th quarter. It also became real clear in the 4th quarter that MD does not have a decent QB for next year currently enrolled at the school. Any school with an outstanding underclassman QB should be concerned, MD will be shopping for a QB in a few weeks. Free private school education and a chance to play for the #1 team in the country is quite an enticement.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:02 pm

Daforno,

With out two guys, Young and Epps, MD would simply be a good D1 football team. Those that know, will tell you it’s more about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s than the X’s and the O’s. Your kind are bold and brave until the wins stop. Your day is coming and I will rejoice in it!

Now to Mater Dei, wow what a game they played! Young and Epps, to quote a text I got from Red...The best ever, and I heartily agree, certainly best I have seen...

Outstanding play, great sportsmanship and a lot of respect on the field.

MV will be back! Hell of year for a public school! Congrats to the Monarchs. #4, I captured your first Varsity TD three years ago when MD destroyed Bergan Cat, You are the Space Man!

#FlyPaper

Good luck Monarchs in your game next week! State and Natty await you!
Last edited by Playthegame on Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:26 pm

You are right kinda like the Patriots are just an good NFL team without Brady and Edelman.

What a stupid statement,

Japan would of won world war 2 if it wasn't for America.

So what is MD supposed to do STOP BEING GOOD?????

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:35 pm

You’re new...give it time...

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:37 pm

Now that the game is over and the dust has settled, I'm being serious with this question. NO BASHING of MV just curious.

What does MV do moving forward? Do they continue to will 9-11 games and get run over in the open semi's,

OR

Can they voluntarily petition the C.I.F. to drop a division?

I'm asking as a realist what's the point of being really good and then BOOM 3 blow out losses at HOME in 3 consecutive years.

MD and Bosco are not going to change their winning formula, CC owns a county full of athletes, so they aren't going anywhere.

MV is stuck between a rock and a hard place, options?

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:21 pm

1.) Create a feeder program - Home Grow your dudes...
2.) Be the Number one Public in the state
3.) Rollo was looking pretty stiff last Friday night, can he straighten his neck? How many years left? Who takes over?
4.) Build a culture of Brotherhood and excellence
5.) The point of being really good is the process...duh!
6.) No shame in an amateur team loosing to a paid to play team...

If MD is able to lure CJ Stroud or some other elite QB, then in the new age...semi's for the Publics is the equivalent of punching your ticket...

If MD does not then point is moot and we can meet back here next year, again if MD and Bosco corner the arms market then we don't even need to show...

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:52 pm

CJ Stroud is a senior.