MV vs MD

SK80

Re: MV vs MD

Post by SK80 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:56 pm

Miller Moss
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:13 pm

OutOfState wrote:CJ Stroud is a senior.
No sweat, JT was 19 when he enrolled as a freshman, remember?

Miller Moss

Is that a health food?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:32 pm

Home Grown? MV has never been home grown. Your current starting QB is from Redondo Beach and the Freshman Backup is from Westminster.

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Maybe the Freshman holdback would like to shorten his commute and transfer over to MD if MD can’t reel in the QB from Texas. I can’t see the kid sitting another year behind Costelli.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:15 pm

He could be the player to be named later in the Matt McDonald trade
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:27 pm

Playthegame wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:21 pm
1.) Create a feeder program - Home Grow your dudes...
2.) Be the Number one Public in the state
3.) Rollo was looking pretty stiff last Friday night, can he straighten his neck? How many years left? Who takes over?
4.) Build a culture of Brotherhood and excellence
5.) The point of being really good is the process...duh!
6.) No shame in an amateur team loosing to a paid to play team...

If MD is able to lure CJ Stroud or some other elite QB, then in the new age...semi's for the Publics is the equivalent of punching your ticket...

If MD does not then point is moot and we can meet back here next year, again if MD and Bosco corner the arms market then we don't even need to show...
I think it's pretty ironic when Mission Viejo supporters talk about Mater Dei's transfer quarterbacks. Bruce Rollinson has had three in 31 years -- Danny O'Neill, Max Wittek and Bryce Young. In just the last seven years, Mission Viejo has had transfers Ian Fieber, Matt McDonald, Joey Yellen and Peter Costelli start at QB for them, and Billy Hart, Mark Sanchez and Jordan Palmer before that.

SoCalFball

Post by SoCalFball » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:20 pm

Daforno wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:37 pm
Now that the game is over and the dust has settled, I'm being serious with this question. NO BASHING of MV just curious.

What does MV do moving forward? Do they continue to will 9-11 games and get run over in the open semi's,

OR

Can they voluntarily petition the C.I.F. to drop a division?

I'm asking as a realist what's the point of being really good and then BOOM 3 blow out losses at HOME in 3 consecutive years.

MD and Bosco are not going to change their winning formula, CC owns a county full of athletes, so they aren't going anywhere.

MV is stuck between a rock and a hard place, options?

CC doesn’t own a county full of athlete when every school in the Trinity is trying to pluck players from the Corona area. So basically CC is in the same boat as MV. They’ve lost to either MD or Bosco for 4 straight years now in the semis and the scores are getting worse. I don’t see it changing anytime soon either with the way those two operate. Maybe they need to pull a page from the Miami Dolphins and tank a game or two to escape the MD/Bosco Invitational Aka Division 1 😂

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:42 pm

Make it a double-header...let 'em square off in a 3rd Place game before the Final, call it The Public Interest Bowl...they could dub the semis the week before The Public Executions
George Will

Donald Trump

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:52 am

BuckW wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:32 pm
Home Grown? MV has never been home grown. Your current starting QB is from Redondo Beach and the Freshman Backup is from Westminster.
All true Buck W and you know the landscape, hence the need to have a strong feeder program...Trojans

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:55 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:42 pm
Make it a double-header...let 'em square off in a 3rd Place game before the Final, call it The Public Interest Bowl...they could dub the semis the week before The Public Executions
Better name would be the MAGA bowl...

templar83

Post by templar83 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:19 am

OK PTG, now you're just tryin' to fire up OB. LOL

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:24 am

Guilty...

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:46 pm

OK PTG, now you're just tryin' to fire up OB. LOL

Did he at least make it at least a tad witty? I've had this alias of his on ignore for a couple years now...he usually switches to one he hopes I haven't blocked yet, 3,2,1...
George Will

Donald Trump

templar83

Post by templar83 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:31 pm

You judge, he suggests changing your "Public Interest Bowl" to the MAGA Bowl.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:42 pm

Meh...2/10
George Will

Donald Trump

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:11 pm

MDDad wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:27 pm
I think it's pretty ironic when Mission Viejo supporters talk about Mater Dei's transfer quarterbacks. Bruce Rollinson has had three in 31 years -- Danny O'Neill, Max Wittek and Bryce Young. In just the last seven years, Mission Viejo has had transfers Ian Fieber, Matt McDonald, Joey Yellen and Peter Costelli start at QB for them, and Billy Hart, Mark Sanchez and Jordan Palmer before that.
You forgot Bryce!

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:39 pm

Playthegame wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:11 pm
You forgot Bryce!
No he didn’t. Put down your beer and read it again😉

NJtoNYCtoSOC

Post by NJtoNYCtoSOC » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:01 pm

MV has a strong Junior class and will likely pick up some transfers as always. Despite this, they won’t come close to catching MD or SJB. What they will do though is put more distance between themselves and the rest of their league, as well as the other teams they often schedule pre-league (SM, LH, VP, etc).

With only three league games next year and I assume a limited travel budget beyond the pre-season trip, not sure how they fill their schedule.

There are probably about three teams in the entire southern section that MV can play and the outcome wouldn’t be certain ahead of time.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:23 pm

OutOfState wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:39 pm
No he didn’t. Put down your beer and read it again😉
I was on my cell phone and did not see Bryce on there, thought I should double check but I had hit submit...and too late...oops...so my bad!

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:25 pm

NJtoNYCtoSOC wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:01 pm
MV has a strong Junior class and will likely pick up some transfers as always. Despite this, they won’t come close to catching MD or SJB. What they will do though is put more distance between themselves and the rest of their league, as well as the other teams they often schedule pre-league (SM, LH, VP, etc).

With only three league games next year and I assume a limited travel budget beyond the pre-season trip, not sure how they fill their schedule.

There are probably about three teams in the entire southern section that MV can play and the outcome wouldn’t be certain ahead of time.
They will be reaching out to teams in the San Diego section to fill those games...CIF putting MV in a 4 team league does not help...