San Clemente is out of the playoffs

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: San Clemente is out of the playoffs

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:34 pm

insidetrinity wrote:
>There are also a lot of schools that run on very tight budgets and getting a big fine
>would do severe damage to the school

Good point. What budget would the money come from?

>>> Quotes will be back soon. I have to rebuild the board to do it and I haven't seen a time when it's been slow enough that I was comfortable taking it down for the time it would take to do it.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:10 am

That's a nice problem to have
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:31 am

severe problem for school? The coaches already created a severe problem by using a inelgible player.
A fine or lose the whole season? both are severe and it ultimatley hurts the kids that have busted their butts all season long. We hear about this every year, and maybe the CIF should make it a 2 strike rule.
If a program is caught, or even turns itself in, lol, the head coach will be fired after the second time caught.
How is this good for high school football and the MAJORITY of the kids on the TEAM? Do you mean to tell me QB U San Clemente didnt have any kids to play QB? They had to go all the way to Long Beach to get a kid?
That is a good way to get the community to turn on you. Let Harlow and Johnson do that, stick to the local area. There is plenty. Look at SM, there is a huge opportunity there to grab kids, even though SC would probably beat them? How does one of the top tier public schools in south oc, not get Joey Hobert? (SJH)
There are plenty of local kids,rather than go to LA., OR IE. Coach em up, and you wont have to rely on bringing all these kids in, its just flat out laziness.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:39 am

How are schools that don't have money to provide students with healthy food options, air conditioning, functioning classrooms, and so on going to be able to pay fines to the CIF?

scj60

Post by scj60 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:17 am

We know that this violation was self reported. So who reported it to the school? Disgruntled parent or parents?? Why risk the season for the team because your kid did not get playing time? And how did they come by this information? Is there something deeper going on that we don't see?

bodhi

Post by bodhi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:50 am

I think the Rat that coaches a little north of SC turned them in. All he does is troll kids twitter and Instagram accounts and I am sure by doing this helps him get kids from SC. He is calculated and will do whatever it takes to win. Shoot he probably hired a private investigator to look into the matter. Be aware parents there is a DEVIL out there and he is creeping on weird levels as we speak, and ready to turn you into CIF if he doesn't get his way.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:01 pm

Once again, finger pointing. When all the fingers should be pointing at the AD, Principle, and Head Coach.
Who said a parent outed the illegal player? Maybe it was a Devil north on the 5? If this kid sat out the 5 weeks, there would be no problem. But programs don't police themselves, and CIF doesn't have the man power.
Do you think nobody noticed that kid on the team? Or in the hall ways?
Bottom line, bad decisions equal consequences. Sad for the kids.

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:32 pm

Maybe the message being sent is don't recruit St. Anthony's players. I'm sure there are some folks at the Long Beaach School not happy about losing their best player to San Clemente.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:48 pm

I realize it's after the fact, BUT if I'm the AD at San Clemente, I'm asking the C.I.F. weekly during the season to look into ANY possible potential improprieties that could end my season.
Shouldn't be hard especially if you "ONLY " had 1 kid from out of "TOWN" remember 1 TOWN 1 TEAM!!!!!

Just saying!!!!

scj60

Post by scj60 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:37 pm

Again, it was self reported based on information provided to the school. Wouldn't outside people have gone straight to CIF? That leads me to believe it was someone on the inside at SC. Was it over playing time or does someone have an axe to grind with the HC?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:43 pm

Or they could have been aware of the coming charges and threw themselves on the mercy of the court...better to "come clean" than be turned in
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Ortiz has been riding the coattails of his staff for years now anyway. His defense has given up tons of points over the years. The thing SC is known for or was known for was its QB'S and offense, and being a one town , one team.
Not so much now. Who has the most to gain from this? Its all about recruiting it seems like these days and there are alot of people that would love to tap into the SC kids.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:37 pm

WHERE IS THE WHISTLEBLOWER?

Ya know, you guys sound a lot more concerned about them being caught than you are about them violating the rule. I want you on my jury.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

spread4

Post by spread4 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:44 pm

hit the lights wrote:
> severe problem for school? The coaches already created a severe problem by
> using a inelgible player.
> A fine or lose the whole season? both are severe and it ultimatley hurts
> the kids that have busted their butts all season long. We hear about this
> every year, and maybe the CIF should make it a 2 strike rule.
> If a program is caught, or even turns itself in, lol, the head coach will
> be fired after the second time caught.
> How is this good for high school football and the MAJORITY of the kids on
> the TEAM? Do you mean to tell me QB U San Clemente didnt have any kids to
> play QB? They had to go all the way to Long Beach to get a kid?
> That is a good way to get the community to turn on you. Let Harlow and
> Johnson do that, stick to the local area. There is plenty. Look at SM,
> there is a huge opportunity there to grab kids, even though SC would
> probably beat them? How does one of the top tier public schools in south
> oc, not get Joey Hobert? (SJH)
> There are plenty of local kids,rather than go to LA., OR IE. Coach em up,
> and you wont have to rely on bringing all these kids in, its just flat out
> laziness.

Lmao. Coming from La Habra alum/fan/whatever

Like they haven’t gone to Lakewood, La Mirada, and outside of the LH city limits..this is laughable coming from anyone with any connection to the La Habra program

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:19 am

words from a wise man, we dont recruit, we attract.
Now, its a matter of what you attract. sometimes good ones, sometimes not so much.
Some times the attention of CIF?
Everyone at La Habra is a local resident. OR, sat out the first 5 games of their inital contact.
Or they made a MOVE.

SuperMonster

Post by SuperMonster » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:31 am

scj60 wrote:
> Again, it was self reported based on information provided to the school.
> Wouldn't outside people have gone straight to CIF? That leads me to believe
> it was someone on the inside at SC. Was it over playing time or does
> someone have an axe to grind with the HC?

Let's just say a certain QB is getting hammered right now for defending his parents.

bodhi

Post by bodhi » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:19 am

Hit the Lights
Clark Phillips didn't move he still lives in Lakewood, he didn't sit out five games cause in his first game at LH he had like 4 picks.

Jake Garcia when he comes back to La Habra from Poly to Narbone to La habra moving company favorite family is he considered a resident? Zanilli from OLU did his parents move to La Habra? I doubt that, who in the right mind would move from Orange to La Habra?

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:35 am

San clemente’s request for a temporary restraining order to let them play was denied by a judge this morning

TomDrake

Post by TomDrake » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:00 pm

Is there any info on what actually caused the violation(s)? Punishment seems pretty rough. It had to be egregious to take this measure at his point of the season.

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:41 pm

Other than Mission Viejo doesn't La Habra have the most transfer students? It seems that these
past few years they have had multiple transfers.