Mater Dei vs. St. John Bosco V

joefutbol

Re: Mater Dei vs. St. John Bosco V

Post by joefutbol » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:20 am

Are the Trinity schools requiring the public school transfers to complete 4 years of religion and all the service hours, or do they get a pro-rated scholarship package?

SoCalFball

Post by SoCalFball » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:53 am

MDDad wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:56 am
It is the unofficial policy of the Mater Dei administration to not accept transfer athletes for their senior seasons from Orange County and Trinity League schools unless there are major extenuating circumstances.

This past off-season at least six 4- and 5-star players who tried to transfer to Mater Dei were denied admittance, including Logan Loya.
Oh ok got it but if they are from LA county or the IE all is good :eh?: :lol:

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:07 am

forgot who in here was asking, but tickets for state are on sale.

Not happy with the buy 1 ticket, get 3 games policy. Bosco is the last game and if we see fans from previous games in our normal seats, people won't be happy. I'm hoping previous games fans dont really care and leave once their game is over?

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:27 am

"normal seats"...? let me know which ones they are and I'll be sure to save you one!
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:44 pm

BoscoBrave wrote:You have a short memory when it comes to who was chasing who for a while and frustrated with not beating Bosco.
Who's got the short memory? I seem to recall several decades when Bosco couldn't even dream about beating MD. The "for a while" you're referring to was about 5-6 years.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:56 pm

Kuppster wrote:Omar big mad. I love it.
Um, yeah, it's me with the football-sized bitterpill lodged in my gullet... ROFL
Kuppster wrote:This is more for my pleasure against the MD fans and Rollo.
Kuppster wrote:The MD crowd stunned reaction to losing was glorious.
How old are you?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:57 pm

MDDad wrote: It is the unofficial policy of the Mater Dei administration to not accept transfer athletes for their senior seasons from Orange County and Trinity League schools unless there are major extenuating circumstances.

This past off-season at least six 4- and 5-star players who tried to transfer to Mater Dei were denied admittance, including Logan Loya.
Thanks...
George Will

Donald Trump

BoscoBandWagon

Post by BoscoBandWagon » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:45 pm

MD Dad, that goes both ways.

Green-Warren, Fuamatu, St Browns, Tupe, Criddell were all in Negro's office.

Some of the your current offensive lineman were all in to bosco until Dubar gave them the MD handshake (aka $100 tuition a month payment).

It honestly goes both ways.

I know Loya and Lytle were both leaning towards MD.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:22 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:45 pm
Wouldn’t that be considered pre-enrollment contact which is illegal? Of course a kid can go to a school to check it out and meet with faculty. I assume all students that transfer at some point must speak with somebody on staff at the school they are transferring to. But I really don’t know where the CIF would draw the line regarding meeting with the coach and considering it a violation.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:43 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote:MD Dad, that goes both ways. Green-Warren, Fuamatu, St Browns, Tupe, Criddell were all in Negro's office.
MDDAD said "transfer athletes for their senior seasons from Orange County and Trinity League schools". Any of those players you list fit that description?
George Will

Donald Trump

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:13 pm

Green-Warren went to MD his first 3 years before transferring to Narbonne for his senior year. So just when was he ‘in Negro’s office’? While in 8th grade when deciding where to go to high school? Was he there before he went to Narbonne? Please do tell.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:45 pm

BoscoBandWagon wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:45 pm
MD Dad, that goes both ways.

Some of the your current offensive lineman were all in to bosco until Dubar gave them the MD handshake (aka $100 tuition a month payment).

It honestly goes both ways.

I know Loya and Lytle were both leaning towards MD.
really? the St. Brown WR brothers, were considering Bosco before transferring to MD out of Servite? if so, wasn't aware of that.

Johnny Utah

Post by Johnny Utah » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:53 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:59 pm
Well, the championship matchup pretty much everyone predicted is happening...again

2013 SJB 34 MD 7
2016 SJB 42 MD 28
2017 MD 49 SJB 24
2018 MD 17 SJB 13
2019 ???
Let me finish that for you Mr Bongo, and how you doin old friend?

2019 SJB 39 MD 34.

Great game wasn't it? Guess I need to change my name, I moved to Buckeye, Arizona. I'm still rooting for the good guys though. Hahahahaha!!!
"Jesus told the story of the Prodigal Son to make a simple point: never mind what you've done, just come home."

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:16 pm

As long as we're updating the list:

2020 ???

Ah, Buckeye AZ, the fastest growing "city" in the US.

Nothing like country livin'...

George Will

Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:46 pm

Tonight Fox Sports is doing all the CIF Championship games "REPLAY"... :thumbsup:

I watched the MD-SJB game (I was there as well) but you always get different perspectives in person and on tv....., my opine on the game is confirmed.... extremely sloppy especially on the MD side. It was in a way #KeystoneCops more fumbles, INT's, muffs, droped passes, a safety, turnovers in the redone, worst QB sneak ever, outside the fact it was a COMPETITIVE game on the scoreboard and exciting because it was an actual competitive game at this level, it was not exactly a well played game.

Watching Sierra Canyon and Chaminade is kinda... nahhh, hard for me to get an idea on SC playing a "walk-on" team in the 'Nade due to San Clemente and there failed transfer saga.....

up next D3 and D4.....
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:06 am

OutOfState wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:22 pm
Wouldn’t that be considered pre-enrollment contact which is illegal? Of course a kid can go to a school to check it out and meet with faculty. I assume all students that transfer at some point must speak with somebody on staff at the school they are transferring to. But I really don’t know where the CIF would draw the line regarding meeting with the coach and considering it a violation.
I want to make sure I got this right so correct me if I am wrong, being in an office at the school..OK. Coach in that office at the time of the meeting...pre-enrollment not OK. So the line is at faculty, and not coach or coaching staff. That's it!

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:46 am

Sorry to chime in so late. Kudo's to SJB for a great game. their coaches and DJ all stepped it up.
My assessment of the game in a nutshell is this after watching every MD game for the last umpteen years.
The worst case scenario for this years team happened going up 28-5. All year MD the same thing they believed they were so good they couldn't lose. Many games this year after going up big they relaxed and phoned in the rest of the game, this worked against all normal teams (and some very good ones) however not a great and fired up Bosco team. The streak was bound to end.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:01 pm

I don't want to think that 1 crappy quarter annulled an entire season of hard work and spectacular play...but it did
George Will

Donald Trump

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:34 pm

ya, that loss hurts, stinsg the MD community a lot, probably the biggest choke in Rollo's entire tenure as Head Coach, I would believe even more than the 2016 title game loss to Bosco at Angel Stadium.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:06 pm

You've been so careful to hide your identity up to now, don't throw all that hard work out the window for a cheap dig...oops too late
George Will

Donald Trump