Coaching changes?

trojanwarrior13

Coaching changes?

Post by trojanwarrior13 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Anybody hearing of some potential changes coming in the Trinity league?!

Kuppster

Re: Coaching changes?

Post by Kuppster » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:13 pm

damn, you created an account for this?

I'm intrigued.

Really hope Rollo retires. But coaching probably keeps him going. Really thought he would retire had they won it all this year

broman

Post by broman » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Godinez, Westminster, and Aliso. Wrestling is retiring. El Toro.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:33 pm

i didn't think any would open this year. only way i could see negro leaving bosco is for a college gig (and i dont know if thats his goal), rollinson said hell be back, cant see TT leaving servite, haven't heard anything about jason pressley. I dont think vieselmeyer would leave unless it was for a college or nfl gig and i think that would most likely only happen to jack del rio got a job coaching. i havent heard anything about harlow but i have always wondered if he aspires to be an oline coach at a college or possibly in the pros eventually... (not saying its happening)

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:43 pm

Kuppster wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:13 pm
damn, you created an account for this?

I'm intrigued.

Really hope Rollo retires. But coaching probably keeps him going. Really thought he would retire had they won it all this year
I remember there was an OC Register news article during the monster 2017 run, saying if MD beat DLS, which they did by a slaughter, if it was going to be Rollo's last game, and a user on this board, said they spoke to people who were in contact with Rollo, claiming that Rollo said he was 50/50 on his mindset.

Of course he eventually resumed, I can see him lasting longer than Barnes did at Los Al.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:44 am

It looks like its time for Rollo to hang it up. You didnt hear much from him this year, or see any of the usual high intensity speeches.? I'm sure over the last few years or so, just like bobby boy at MV was, just a figure head, shaking hands kissing babies for the public eye and recruiting. At some point it gets old, just like a year round football schedule now, with 7 on 7, etc...
Sometimes we create our own stress and headaches. When you have a roster like MD, you dont need anyone else, just work on becoming a better you! Facilities, players, coaches, resources, etc.
Who will be a front runner for the job? Someone on staff??

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:52 am

Well now the USC announced they are keeping Helton.., I will assume Rollo is staying!! ROFL
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

ProbNotWhoUThink

Post by ProbNotWhoUThink » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:26 pm

there are a few Trinity coaches that need to move along. Rollo is getting older, Presley is not ready for trinity varsity, Harlow’s team not performing to expectations... been hearing more former trinity coaches may be coming back...

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:03 am

Who will be a front runner for the job? Someone on staff??

Yep...

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

credofriar

Post by credofriar » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:04 am

ProbNotWhoUThink wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:26 pm
there are a few Trinity coaches that need to move along. Rollo is getting older, Presley is not ready for trinity varsity, Harlow’s team not performing to expectations... been hearing more former trinity coaches may be coming back...
who would be coming back? interesting? have not heard that??

There will most likely be no head coaching changes in the trinity.

bruce has a few more years left in him, he has nothing else he wants to do. now that his daughther is a full time paid employee of MD football (operations manager) he is not going anywhere.

negro has no desire to coach college football, at this time.

pressley is safe for one more year. the school will being hiring its new president in spring and no major changes like that will happen before then. Although I can pretty much guarantee Dec 2020 the OLU hc job is open. :lol:

viselmeyer just got there but could be leaving if he follows jack del rio to a college or nfl job. Unlikely though

Thomas is starting to build something great next year and its league champs or bust over here.

harlow is the only small chance of a coaching change in the trinity. it would be himself leaving for personal reasons. since he just fired his OC I don't see him leaving.

The coaching news in the trinity will be who will be the new OC's at OLU and JSerra.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:23 pm

I believe Barnes was the Head Coach at Los Al, for either 36 or 37 seasons, Rollo just finished his 31'st season, more than likely he will last longer than 36-37 seasons at MD.

TheOldGym

Post by TheOldGym » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:10 pm

OLULOL

Jesuitparent

Post by Jesuitparent » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:51 pm

Rollo's heir replacement is a former Monarch who had coached one year in the Trinity League where his offense broke records at that school for 2 years before going back to the collegiate level.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:42 pm

Jesuitparent wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:51 pm
Rollo's heir replacement is a former Monarch who had coached one year in the Trinity League where his offense broke records at that school for 2 years before going back to the collegiate level.
Lenny Vandermade?

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:54 pm

Jesuitparent wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:51 pm
Lenny?
Hmmm... never considered that one. I like it.
I always thought it’d be Medlin... before he moved into a Private Sector Exec role.
I know Lenny is long-time tight with AD Meza, so...
I’d be interested to know how much input, if any, Rollo will have in choosing his successor.
Lenny... Yeah, I love it. He’s got the resume/experience. He’s an MD favorite son. And he’s a hell of good man.
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:51 pm

OLU canned their HC...
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:19 pm

ProbNotWhoUThink wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:26 pm
there are a few Trinity coaches that need to move along. Rollo is getting older, Presley is not ready for trinity varsity, Harlow’s team not performing to expectations... been hearing more former trinity coaches may be coming back..
I'm betting it's a year to year thing for Rollo, as long as his health is good, he could
be there another good seven to eight years if he wants, as long as Money and Johnson
have the reins of the program, it will be MD as usual...the new MD president is a priest
and MD grad,loves sports, he was also high up in the Diocese hierarchy but apparently
wanted the MD job, so if MD needs the juice....
Last edited by cruiser on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:14 pm

ya, I did hear the news that long-time faculty member, president and former principal, Patrick Murphy, is leaving MD, he was at the school for like 3 decades, he was the principal when my cousins went to MD, and my younger brother as well.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:05 am

If Lenny were to get the mater dei job eventaully i can't say whether or not he would be a good head coach, but i thought he was really great as an offensive line coach and offensive coordinator at santa margarita. one of the best coaches i got to know and very friendly also

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:10 am

With Frith at the Bad Lands, the Stallions can rise...best prospect for new top public next to CDM who is not new but if they are able to reload can be that perennial upper division contender with at least the La Habra's, RCuc's, Upplands, etc. CC and MV will be a cut above...but these others inch closer every year and even beat the top two publics from time to time...San Clemente is always candidate as well...

The only reason Rollo retires is for health reasons...he has built the top program in the Nation...yes the Braves beat them in the finals and not sure why the third quarter brake down, but sometimes weird **** happens...all I know is DJ is really good, Bryce is the best DT QB I have seen come out of the SS, but Cody Epps this last year, was the best WR since Woods and Lee out Gardena Serra and the kid from Loyola whose name I can't think of but just light years a head of those dudes in space...to date, the best ever...IMHO