Bosco Unanimous #1 National Champions

WantTheNFLBack714

Re: Bosco Unanimous #1 National Champions

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 am

so has there ever been an unanimous national champion in H.S. football before in which a team didn't go undefeated prior to 2019 Bosco? that question hasn't been answered yet

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:49 am

MDDad will likely have that answer..., Omar will have to run through all his VHS tapes and may take awhile.....
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:06 pm

joefutbol wrote:it's ridiculous to crown a champion before the season is over.
dntn31 wrote:As much as it pains me to agree with Omar, that claim is premature.
OutOfState wrote:To make this claim now is premature.
MDDad wrote:National championships, whether won on the field or in the polls, are won AFTER the last game of the season has been played. Period.
a
Kuppster wrote:Omar
BoscoBrave wrote:Omar
BoscoBrave wrote:Omar
SK80 wrote:Omar
ROFL
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:54 pm

Does the hypocrite need something?

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:50 am

GOmar Pyle, hope you have a great Christmas and learn to let go. If md loses, your brain malfunctions, so therapy is a good start.

BigBosco

Post by BigBosco » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:42 am

To be fair, when Bosco loses to MD, I feel like I need therapy sometimes. I sign of a true fan.

Omar clearly yanking some chains (I assume in good fun). Best to not take the bait.

dntn31

Post by dntn31 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:24 am

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:58 am
so has there ever been an unanimous national champion in H.S. football before in which a team didn't go undefeated prior to 2019 Bosco? that question hasn't been answered yet
Prior to USAToday starting their poll in 1982 there was, essentially, only one selector, and there were some teams with a loss that were crowned prior to 1982. However, this is the first time that multiple selectors have unanimously given a national championship to a team with a loss.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:38 am

Looks like UNANIMOUS coaching champs as well......

Double Coaching Honors For Negro
Negro-Coach-of-Year-576.jpg
Jason Negro raises CIF title trophy after team won in 2019 (left) & gestures to officials in photo at right during 2013 CIF state title game win. Photos: Mark Tennis & Scott Kurtz.

St. John Bosco’s Jason Negro is not just the 2019 State Football Coach of the Year. He is also at the same time leading off our end-of-the-decade parade of honors by being named the State Coach of the Decade.

The Braves just won their third CIF Open Division state title since Negro took over their program in 2010. You might be surprised to know that it wasn’t an overnight success, but he is the primary person with the vision to take the Bellflower school to its current status as an elite national powerhouse.

READ: https://www.calhisports.com/2019/12/23/ ... for-negro/
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:29 pm

somewhere, Omar is whimpering, sitting in the shower, clutching his legs, letting the water flow over him on this beautiful Christmas day.

Happy Happy Holidays

SK80

Post by SK80 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:57 pm

More Christmas Cheer for @Kuppster & Krew..... you guys go easy on the resident Grinch now you hear! :mrgreen:

NCAA ‘football factory’ is based on brotherhood
https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2019/12/ ... -football/

By Evan Desai, Cronkite News | Monday, Dec. 23, 2019

BELLFLOWER, Calif. – The office of the football coaches at St. John Bosco High School isn’t typical.

Well-polished trophies line the room, representing such championships as the Mission Viejo High School Football Classic and the Battle of the Beach. Framed articles from the Los Angeles Times, the Orange County Register and other publications highlight state championship runs by the Bosco Braves.

In the decade since Jason Negro took over as head coach, the program has become an unstoppable force in high school football and a source of top recruits for Arizona State and universities around the country. That dominance began in 2013, when the Braves won their first Open Division state championship and went on to be named the top team in the country. In 2016, they took state again.

Two weeks ago, Bosco won the California Interscholastic Federation championship Open Division bowl game, 49-28, for a third state title in a decade – a feat that would have been hard to imagine before Negro arrived. (Continued): https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2019/12/ ... -football/

sammy swordsman

Post by sammy swordsman » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:43 am

During this time of year we remember NUBster and think of how excited he would have been with Bosco's success. RIP

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:11 pm

And we also watch USC and wonder why Chris Steele was the "#1 CB in the nation" and is getting smoked by receivers from... Iowa. Good thing he didn't stay in the SEC.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:19 am

joefutbol wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:11 pm
And we also watch USC and wonder why Chris Steele was the "#1 CB in the nation" and is getting smoked by receivers from... Iowa. Good thing he didn't stay in the SEC.
What is a term for a team and program that is worse than a dumpster fire? That would be USC. Never have I seen an administration kill a program more thoroughly than USC. It’s no wonder that none of the top players in Cali want to go there and their recruiting class was the worst in the Pac12. Sad

jb914

Post by jb914 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:34 pm

"by joefutbol » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:11 pm
And we also watch USC and wonder why Chris Steele was the "#1 CB in the nation" and is getting smoked by receivers from... Iowa. Good thing he didn't stay in the SEC."

Well Iowa only lost to Michigan, Penn St and Wisconsin. They were ranked higher. They have some athletes and depth.

Not exactly a cupcake bowl game for the Trojans who's coach was to be fired just got a lame duck year to screw next years recruiting.

And Steele is a true freshman who spent a semester at Florida that sounds like it was a nightmare. Line should have been Iowa minus 10.5

USC d line was getting owned all night. Can't blame the CB's when the d-line let's the QB sit unmolested all night.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:50 am

What will 2020 look like in the trinity?
MD getting some high quality transfers
Bosco- always near the top
Servite- returns alot and more high quality transfers coming in.
Jserra- ? Losing alot, but gaining coaches
Olu- unless their old coach from the past comes back, they will continue to miss out.
SM- Toss up for cellar with OLU.

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:49 am

MD and Bosco are still the kings, although both could take a step back due to the loss of transcendent quarterbacks that simply will not be replaced, regardless of who transfers in.
Servite clearly the 3rd best team and should be better overall than last year.

Then there is a HUGE gap to the next 3 teams. Given all the players that JSerra lost, they may be in the thick of things battling it out with OLu and SM for the cellar.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:19 am

Does anyone adhere to the idea or notion that these two institutions, SJB and MD, have stacked the deck so deep that the rest of the Trinity will be rendered hopeless or should I use the term "helpless"? There seemed to be a time when you could say almost any team in Trinity would beat any public school in the OC.

For a brief season or two it appeared a JS could create a quick move up on the big two, look where that is now. Seriously, what exceptional ball player would move or transfer to a Trinity team if it were not the big two? It appears Servite is the next team up and maybe TT and Servite program lore will prevail and find them relevant within the league again. --:--

Are some recent moves by top QB's an indication that if it can't be SJB or MD you are better off going to a top public program where you are more likely to shine, MV, SC, LH? It just appears to me now the top 2 are so vastly superior in build that playing within that league if not on those two teams is simply a bad move and really actually pointless.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 am

Would not be surprised if Bosco "takes it easy" this season. That means instead of 15 transfers, they may only take 5-6.

The QB that was coming to Bosco is now heading to Vegas. So they are in the market for a QB. I just dont see Clarkson as the guy next season.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:14 am

Kuppster wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 am
So they are in the market for a QB. I just dont see Clarkson as the guy next season.
Do they pay "per pound" up there Kupp! If so whats the going rate.... :lol:

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:59 pm

The Kid Malik from Serra could be a Bosco hopefull. The kid from Los Al, is a possibility.? Garcia At LH is the most seasoned and has double digit offers. He has the grades , he has the work ethic, and leadership.
Servite could possibly upset some or both of the top 2. Thomas is that kind of coach, he knows how
To win, and lead. He's done it before on the biggest stage.