Top 5 QB'S IN OC

hit the lights

Top 5 QB'S IN OC

Post by hit the lights » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:21 am

New year, new group. Every year, the QB'S in Orange County continue to get better and better.
These top 5 should not dissapoint either.
#1 Jake Garcia - La Habra
#2 Costelli - Mission Viejo
#3 Fifta - Servite
#4 Nelson - Los Alamitos
#5 Jones - San Juan Hills
on the brink., Booty (JSERRA), Boyles (Edison)
Yes its early, things could change, but here's where we are at.

OutOfState

Re: Top 5 QB'S IN OC

Post by OutOfState » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:52 pm

HTL I agree with your 5. But did you watch Booty play last season? You must have him ‘on the brink’ because of his name only. I can’t recall somebody so miserably failing to meet expectations. He was painful to watch and benched a couple times.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:36 pm

Wait HTL..., what about your unhappiness with present day "transfer" football.... ](*,)
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

frankieboy

Post by frankieboy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:20 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Booty at another school next year. He was that bad.

If JSerra had competent QB play they would have beat Servite and St Joseph Regional, and competed against the other 3 teams they lost to.

The CC game it was clear that the team had quit before the game even started.

JSerra fired the OC right after the season. The new hire may determine this.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:03 am

sk80
Yes, NOT for these transfers that come and go, when things arent going there way.
In Garcia's case, he is a local kid who grew up playing la habra pop warner, then entered his freshman year at Long Beach Poly, under Antonio Pierce. When Pierce left for ASU, Garcia headed to Narbonne. He has been there for 2 years. He was in a bad situation as things out of his control took place and has now forced him back to the local neighbor hood. Its not like he is a kid from south central and now at his 4th school in 4 years., nowhere near his true residency. The good thing for Garcia is, there is plenty of kids coming back, and the underclassmen over the last few years have done real well. The seniors and juniors have plenty to make this go even further than it did last year. It wont be about one guy, because as you can see when you put all your eggs in one basket, at some point, it all runs out. Options, is what the Highlanders have, and count on them being a force again, as long as the chemistry and direction arent f"d up. Alot of questionable things again took place this past year, and discipline is a must along with selflessness. Everyone has a job, and daddy shouldnt have anything to do with it. A true La Habra culture must return for a 8th ring to be established again.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:41 am

hit the lights wrote:Its not like he is a kid from south central
God forbid, we all know what they're like...

WTF man
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:42 am

hit the lights wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:03 am
sk80
Yes, NOT for these transfers that come and go,
So coming in 2020 and leaving 2020 is not "come and go"? And when did La Habra City School District include Whittier? I always believed it to be La Habra and some parts of Fullerton and Brea? Garcia has always to my knowledge called Whittier home. And does 3 schools now in 4 years change your previously stated stance on the issue of transfers and transferring?

Not sure about the eggs in one basket comment or whom that is directed at.... :eh?:

True La Habra "culture" disappeared last year? Please explain..... Mazzotta lost control of his program? Not sure I follow this either.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

scj60

Post by scj60 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:32 pm

I thought Garcia was a La Mirada resident or is it Unincorporated Whittier?

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:33 am

Mazzotta has not lost control of his program, he has complete control and he has single handed changed the La Habra culture.
From CIF championships, with homegrown kids and community, to destination school for some, with outside community. The foundation was set with hard work, longevity in staff, and a type of kid who really worked hard and was all in. That seems to have changed, by letting outsiders in, change your winning culture, and now you are adapting to their needs, their wants, there desires, NOT TEAM!
In Jake Garcia's case, hes always been a La Habra boy from his young years, and where he lives is not exactly sure , La Habra , LaMirada, Whittier? But, i know its not Long Beach or the south bay.
Will the culture head back to the winning ways, where a ring is obtainable in D-3? With all that talent, on the verge of D-1, to D-2, down to D-3, They should have claimed it this past year. When some figure out, its not just about one or two guys, but the program, and the team, all three phases, the community, then maybe the 8th ring will be accomplished.?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:44 am

Does where you live determine what kind of person you are?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

SK80

Post by SK80 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:06 am

Omar Bongo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:44 am
Does where you live determine what kind of person you are?

Yes, La Mirada, La Habra or South Central, South Torrance..., you're Californian! ROFL

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:07 pm

My point exactly...where you live is not who you are, it's where you are
George Will

Donald Trump

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:59 am

Where you are from helps shape exactly who you are. Some communities are of the working class, or business owner type, others are on EBT, possibly homeless, or know nothing but survival on the streets.
When kids and families like that end up on your front porch, it could be quite the culture shock.?
For both in it. Would you say someone from Iran is or has the same mindset as a American? Throwing rocks and blowing people up in the streets is what they do and know. You wont see that in America, just yet?
But if you conform to the outsider, and forget what got you where you are, you deserve everything you get.
Keep it real, and stop looking for the easy way out. stop making excuses, stop denying where you are from shapes exactly who you are. You can take the boy out the country, but you cant take the country out the boy. Heard that before?? :mex:

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:35 pm

hit the lights wrote:where you are from shapes exactly who you are
I could not disagree more. There are so many factors that influence who we become, all to different degrees.

Can you illustrate your assertion by telling us exactly what kind of people Orange County residents are? How about comparing residents of Santa Ana and those who live in Dana Point?

What a sad, close-minded way to view the world.
George Will

Donald Trump

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Is Costelli really better than Fifita though? Or is that based on recruit rankings?

I like Costelli and stood up for him many times in here, but he;s not a better HS Qb than Fifita. At the next level? Sure.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:52 pm

@Kupp I think it comes down to whom has done more fir their team... no question Fifita is the piston in the Servite engine. During most of the season over at MV, Costelli has had a defense powering the horsepower behind that teams track record.

Are these two teams scheduled for 2020? If so should be a "showcase" game.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:04 am

Fifita was just named Second Team Sophomore All American by MaxPreps.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/Wz2rrLS ... l-team.htm

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:36 am

With top QB in the county at LaHabra, Jake Garcia, 6'3 205 lbs, or AKA... "Telemundo"
They have a great opportunity to be in the hunt for a d-3 championship.
Jake is known for a strong precise gun of a arm, with nice escapeability.
He is big in the pocket, and a seasoned vet! With stints at Long Beach Poly, and 2 years at Narbonne,
he is now back home, where he caused havoc on the youth fields. Jake has been called telemundo for his good latino looks, and could end up with a career on a future novela? If you follow jake on youtube or social media, you can see this guy has a future, and as a USC commit, there is nothing but good things in his future.
Welcome home Big Jake! fight on!! :rockon:

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:47 am

Ugh, dude stop it. Your crush on a high school kid is gross. Stop with these flowery posts. Telemundo? Good lord.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:03 pm

How can home be La Habra Football, he never set foot nor suited up as a Frosh, Soph nor Junior. Boy HTL how you change your tune! And by the way why would you be assuring us a D3 title run when likely in the new format based on next seasons record you may be in D1 for example! Since the Freeway League will provide no competition will LH schedule up to get a couple losses in pre-league now so to NOT have to play in the Open or D1 CIF-SS divisions? --:--