Trinity league basketball

Daforno

Re: Trinity league basketball

Post by Daforno » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:20 am

What MD did in the past 10 days was incredibly hard, go on the road for 3 wins against higher seeded teams on their home courts.
I don't see how Harvard Westlake got a higher seed than MD and that dump of a gym for basically a C.I.F. Semi final game!
You would of thought the C.I.F. would of mandated they move to a place with more than 6 rows of bleachers. After all it was a Semi Final.
The big kid I heard so much about for Harvard Westlake might want to consider another sport, he will be way too slow at the next level against guys his size, maybe a tight end for PRINCETON.
I admit I don't have an answer for the playoffs, but this pool play ( other than you are NOT ONE and done) is awful, how does MD not get a least ONE HOME GAME?
Sierra Canyon "appears" to be on another lever, but MD is playing it's best right now, firing on all cylinders, sharing the ball and Askew at times is unstoppable. I wish he would get some sound advice at home an stay at MD. He is simply not ready yet.
The coaches have told him that physically he is not there yet, will be playing against much older and stronger young men EVERY NIGHT!!! In practice alone he will be facing 10 more superior players than he has ever seen, and have to compete against them just to get playing time. He is going to spend a lot of 2021 on the bench, STAY with the other 3 juniors, plug in a 5th guy ( which Gary will do ) run the table then go when you have an additional year under your belt.
Stanley Johnson who was out of Devin's league stayed 4 years and was very good at the next level.
Devin it's SOOO much harder than to think.

frankieboy

Post by frankieboy » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:32 am

If Borra was healthy JSerra wins against Windward. They got beat up bad inside, especially down the stretch. Martinez only had 5 points...

frankieboy

Post by frankieboy » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:35 am

Saw MD and Sierra Canyon play back to back at HoopHall West in Phoenix in December. Mater Dei will give SC problems. MD has superior coaching-will make them play half court basketball, which SC is not good at.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:03 pm

I don't mean to drag this out, but just finished watching the Baylor Kansas game.

Devin Askew even if he stays for his SENIOR YEAR will be hard pressed to even make the traveling team. if he leaves a year early he will be watching games like this back in the dorm room! He will have NO PRAYER.

Did any of the 10 MEN on the court at any given time look like they belonged in High School.

Someone please help Devin Askew save himself!!!

Who is influencing this young man?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:04 pm

Mater Dei Girls show how it's done, they beat Sierra Canyon tonight to advance to the Open Final =D>

They'll face Windward for the title @ the Pyramid on Friday before the boys play...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:48 pm

i don't know why i thought MD boys beat Sierra Canyon. I was secretly happy to see Sierra Canyon lose

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:24 am

Big game not televised tonight?

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:51 am

Kuppster wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:48 pm
Big game not televised tonight?
It’s being streamed on the Fox Sports Go app.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:23 pm

If mater dei could pull this off, give McKnight any award you can think of. All their starters have major conference offers. Mater dei has really good players, but Sierra canyon just got crazy good talent

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Valiant effort by the Monarchs, but just too much talent on the other side. Pretty safe to say the #7 seed did the school proud
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

broman

Post by broman » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:01 pm

Anybody want to join me on the private schools won 8 of the 10 CIF titles thread?