Trinity league basketball

OutOfState

Re: Trinity league basketball

Post by OutOfState » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:47 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:25 pm
Page 18:

https://cifss.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... -19-20.pdf

Unless there are major upsets MD needs to win just one of their remaining two games to advance
Are you sure Omar?
Well the way I interpret page 18 is..... If HW beats MD and CC beats RC on Friday, then there is a 2-way tie for first place. The tiebreaker in that situation is head to head and HW would go to the championship. If RC beats CC then MD advances whether they win or not on Friday against HW since it would be a 3 way tie and MD would advance based on the lowest points formula.
Am I not reading it right?
Last edited by OutOfState on Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:11 pm

OutOfState wrote:If HW beats MD and RC beats CC on Friday, then there is a 2-way tie for first place.
That would make it a 3-way tie between MD, RC and HW, all finishing 2-1.

As of tonight:

MD beat CC and RC (2-0)

RC beat HW and lost to MD (1-1)

HW lost to RC and beat CC (1-1)

CC lost to MD and HW (0-2)

In a 3-way tie scenario MD would advance, having beaten the higher seeds (#2 CC and #3 RC). That's the way I read it anyway.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:14 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:11 pm
My mistake I meant if Cc bests RC. I revised my original post

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:15 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:11 pm
My mistake I meant if Cc bests RC. I revised my original post

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:22 pm

If CC beats RC then yeah you're right. Monarchs gotta take care of business and not leave their fate in RC's hands...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:39 am

Devin Askew played the best game of his life tonight---I haven't seen him play better. He was
OUTSTANDING!!!! Offensively he was 14=19 from the line==including 7 for 7 from 3 pt.--he had
NO turnovers---he played tough defense and unlike the Corona Game he was not called for
many fouls---I don't recall any but it might have been one or two. The entire team played great--
very unselfish ball----the Mobley kid is a great ball player--especially offensively but the Monarchs
coaching staff prepared the kids well and they did as great a job as one could do against a talent
like him. Great game for the Monarchs!!!

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:50 am

Just imagine if MD actually had good coaching instead of just rolling out the ball for a bunch of recruited All-Stars as they have done for the past 37 years.

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:39 am

Askew is an animal.

Speaking of MD point guards, whatever happened to Spencer Freedman? I know he went to Harvard but was basketball just not in his future?

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:55 am

As I recall being President was in his plans

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:24 am

I get a kick out of the guy who posts just to get a reaction, he is so stupid, probably believes the earth is flat too.
It would be interesting if he even believed it himself, but the fact is he is just looking to make noise.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:26 am

Basketball was in Freeman's future, he's just not in Harvard's future as a player. Even the Ivy league has "guys"

He will graduate be connected and probably run for Senate

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:42 pm

so essentially Freedman isnt good enough to play?

I followed him at a young age back in his Santa Monica High School days and was happy to see him transfer to a powerhouse. Realized he may be limited for the next level and was happy to see he chose an Ivy League. I thought for sure he would be a player in the Ivy League.

frankieboy

Post by frankieboy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:40 pm

hes been hurt...

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:41 pm

Speaking of Trinity league basketball, what happened to Bosco? At the start of this month they were riding high and cruising towards the league championship and a deep run in the playoffs. That was then...now they're averaging about 4 buckets a quarter as they face the broom Friday vs. St Anthony...
George Will

Donald Trump

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:56 pm

Bosco should have taken the JSerra approach and fake injury/illness to not be in Open Division. They just ain't very good.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:08 pm

I was thinking maybe it was injuries or suspensions. Whatever the reason they're apparently more principled than some of their "fans", so they've at least got that going for them anyway...
George Will

Donald Trump

frankieboy

Post by frankieboy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Kuppster wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:56 pm
Bosco should have taken the JSerra approach and fake injury/illness to not be in Open Division. They just ain't very good.

Borra had an ACL. Martinez hand injury.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:53 pm

ACL...I guess if you're gonna fake an injury, go big :roll:
George Will

Donald Trump

Kuppster

Post by Kuppster » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:28 pm

lets be real. Martinez is JSerra. He wasn't hurt enough to have to sit out. That was intentional.

Smart of JSerra.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:08 pm

Well, be careful what you wish for, it's Nat'l #2 Sierra Canyon vs. #10 Mater Dei @ LB St. next Friday...

Got a kick out of seeing Sondheimer keep repeating that a CC win and an MD loss would put Harvard-Westlake in the final. At one point when CC was up by 10 and HW was leading MD early you could almost feel the woody :lol:

The Monarchs have been playing great ball for the past 2 weeks since the loss to Whitney Young. Since then they've won 5 straight, knocking off the MaxPreps nationally ranked #91, #48, #14, #13 and #11 teams.

But SC is a whole 'nother animal and is looking real hard to beat now. Nat'l #3 Etiwanda had them under control for a half, but the Blazers came out, well, blazing in the 3rd and never looked back.

Common opponents - The Monarchs beat St. Augustine by 7 in November and SC won by 21. Last Friday SC squashed Bosco by 30, MD beat the Braves by just 6 earlier this month. BUT, in December the Blazers lost to Rancho Christian whom the Monarchs just beat, so there's that anyway :D

Congratulations to the Monarchs for coming on strong late and making yet another CIF Final, but...
George Will

Donald Trump