Rob Johnson/Sam Baker co-OC's at Jserra

2002tony

Re: Rob Johnson/Sam Baker co-OC's at Jserra

Post by 2002tony » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:34 pm

hit the lights wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:14 am
I think the Diablos will get them this year, but after this year, the Diablos are in some real trouble.
I am not so sure about what real trouble is, their jv and frosh did well, but we will have to wait and see how they look this year...

credofriar

Re: Rob Johnson/Sam Baker co-OC's at Jserra

Post by credofriar » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:55 pm

OutOfState wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:23 am
New Zealand Williams landed at St. Bernard.
What is the primary reason for all the players leaving JSerra? Is it Harlow? Something deeper? Did something happen within the administration where there was a decision from the top above Harlow to ‘cleanse’ themselves, exit the arms race, and return to a ‘normal’ high school team?
One dad (yes one) was paying the tuition for all these kids. Well tuition, also paid for the van pool, bought kids breakfast on the way in, gave the kids meal cards for the "Lion Bristo" (on campus cafeteria), bought them dinner on the way home, books, spirit packs, school uniforms, etc, etc, etc.... over $3500 a month and that was not even in tuition. Tuitions he paid for in 1 lump sum.
Well he took his kid along with 2 others to a public HS. The other handful of kids were left with 2 choices..... actually pay a dime to attend a private school or transfer. They are all transferring. There has been some collateral damage as good players that were not on the "free train" are leaving because well basically there is nobody left at JSerra. JSerra with this dad and when they had hartigan and robinson were always a "house of cards" ready to tumble. Remember this is a program that did not even play JV football last year in the Trinity League "not enough players". Now even some of the kids from the freshman class (who were not apart of the free train if was mostly on sophomores and juniors) are seeing the writing on the wall.

Rob Johnson and Sam Baker wont make it till spring ball.

What scares me is TT is starting to go down this same "losing business model" path. :bonk: