CAPLAY2020

broman

Re: CAPLAY2020

Post by broman »

jb914 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:19 am the highest amount of deaths in OC occured in Nursing Homes and Assisted living facilities.
Which is why people who have elders living at home are extremely cautious.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

jb914 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:43 am published in multiple news sources
That's your barometer for truth?
jb914 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:43 am No, i did not lie
Stop playing coy.

Did the model say 2.2 million people would die period? No. Did you say it did? Yes. Intentionally omitting the truth is the same as lying. But the media's definition of lying seems to be the same as yours, so you're in good company.

I asked you the question three times, and I asked you the question specifically to find out if you would lie. And... you did. Would you continue the conversation with someone who would be deceitful about something so trivial? If you lied about that, what else would you lie about?
jb914 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:43 am I'm still waiting for that modeling tally sheet.
I permanently lost it. It must be in the same place as your ethics.
jb914

Post by jb914 »

That's your barometer for truth?

Stop being obtuse. I used the 2.2m projected deaths, that was published in multiple news sources, as an example of how flawed the model was.

But, guess Servite didn't teach you any critical thinking skillz :lol:
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

jb914 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:30 am I used the 2.2m projected deaths, that was published in multiple news sources, as an example of how flawed the model was.
Correct. You used it as an example of how flawed the model was when it's probably the only thing that proves nothing about how flawed the model was. But I guess you live in a parallel universe.
jb914 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:30 am Servite didn't teach you any critical thinking skillz
At least they taught me to be honest.
jb914

Post by jb914 »

joefutbol wrote:
Off Topic
Correct. You used it as an example of how flawed the model was when it's probably the only thing that proves nothing about how flawed the model was.
If the code outputs drastically incorrect predictions, that's a flawed model joefutbol. If I built a model that had a 90% error rate that would validate the model was flawed.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

That's 100% correct. And nothing you've done or said has proven that you didn't lie. You're trying to spin it to make it look like it wasn't a lie or even that you were justified to bring it in to the discussion. Hell, you even tried to deny you said it in the first place. Just stop... it's pathetic.

But go ahead and get the last word in.
jb914

Post by jb914 »

joefutbol wrote:
Off Topic
You're trying to spin it to make it look like it wasn't a lie or even that you were justified to bring it in to the discussion.
I think you are the only one here trying to spin anything.
CAPLAY2020

Post by CAPLAY2020 »

Life on this board is much easier as a lurker...

I don't think that anyone is arguing that there is zero risk to playing high school sports in this environment. Resumption of play is about addressing the mental health consequences of not keeping kids sidelined.

https://www.uwhealth.org/news/more-than ... RTHrwJoV6c
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

broman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:01 am The highest amount of deaths in Orange County took place in Santa Ana/Anaheim/Central Orange County.
How many without co-morbidities? Try to find that number, please let us know? How many job losses, failed business’s, failing students, deferred medical treatments, suicides, increased relapses, mental health tolls? A number for each please!

Unless those don’t matter...
broman

Post by broman »

You can answer your own questions. I will continue to focus on why these communities are hesitant to reopen.
Kuppster

Post by Kuppster »

you guys really need to just meet up and discuss.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Communities are reluctant to open because they watch the same slanted news networks all the time and they are scared because the networks want you to be scared, they have an agenda. Turn off the news visit the real world, pick out a restaurant you have been to a thousand times, one you know is safe and go out to dinner. You will be amazed that life is still going on out there. If you don't have a dinner house you can trust let me know and I can offer a few that are well managed. Have a glass of wine and chill. You will be just fine. OR stay home and shrivel up your choice.
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

broman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:04 pm You can answer your own questions. I will continue to focus on why these communities are hesitant to reopen.
It’s ok, really...A lot of work only to show that far more lives are destroyed by the lock down than the virus, on a side note annual flu epidemic way down this year...now let’s get back to school!
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

watchersince68 wrote:There are basically two groups, people who want to be scared and people who don't.
What a simplistic assertion.

Do you smoke? If not, is it because you're scared?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
credofriar

Post by credofriar »

Let the people who are scared stay home and be scared, let the people who are not fooled or politically biased live their lives. Let every American make that choice for themselves.

Playing HS sports is not mandatory. Attending games is not mandatory. Let Americans choose.
More than 35 states have figured it out.

I am tired of reading these scared soy boys on Twitter complaining and wanting to shut everything down only to see every tweet on their page is anti-trump.
We get it you hate trump, doesn’t mean you need to try to convince people to be scared.
I have yet to see ANY Twitter account that wants to shut everything done not have every other comment be anti-trump.
Go figure
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

1. There's a board for political rants and this isn't it...I come here to get away from t**** babble

2. What's a "soy boy"?

credofriar wrote:More than 35 states have figured it out

Are these the states you're referring to?

OOOOOOOTOTAL REPORTEDOOOOON OCT. 27OOOO14-DAY CHANGE
CasesOOOOO8.8 millionOOOOOOOO74,410OOOOOOO+39%
DeathsOOOOO226,681OOOOOOOOOOO983OOOOOOO+13%

At least 983 new coronavirus deaths and 74,410 new cases were reported in the United States on Oct. 27. Over the past week, there have been an average of 73,094 cases per day, an increase of 39 percent from the average two weeks earlier.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cases.html
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

Omar Bongo wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:54 am 2. What's a "soy boy"?
From Urban Dictionary:
TOP DEFINITION
Soy Boy
Slang used to describe males who completely and utterly lack all necessary masculine qualities. This pathetic state is usually achieved by an over-indulgence of emasculating products and/or ideologies.

The origin of the term derives from the negative effects soy consumption has been proven to have on the male physique and libido.

The average soy boy is a feminist, nonathletic, has never been in a fight, will probably marry the first girl that has sex with him, and likely reduces all his arguments to labeling the opposition as "Nazis".

See also: cuck, beta/omega male, orbiter, kissless virgin, male feminist
Man 1: If you kill your enemies they win.
Man 2: Shut the (term I like to refer to myself as) up, soy boy.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Thanks. I'm glad I didn't know that.
George Will

Donald Trump
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

This was last year flu stats in the US, for an old virus...

CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza (Table 1).

Heart disease:

Sep 8, 2020 — About 655,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that's 1 in every 4 deaths.

Oh the humanity... :yikes: Time to get back to work and go to school...
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Omar Bongo wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:34 pm watchersince68 wrote:
There are basically two groups, people who want to be scared and people who don't.

Omar said
What a simplistic assertion

My answer to you is:
Occam's razor