CAPLAY2020

2002tony

Re: CAPLAY2020

Post by 2002tony »

cruiser wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:39 pm Wow, thanks jb914 - you would think the public schools districts could have figured
something out by now - you're tax dollars are hard at work.
cant speak for every local ( what is local to where ever you live) local public school districts here in So. County had figured it out, an example will be Saddleback with MVHS having all classes on line on Mondays, in-person classes periods 1,3,5, and 7 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, periods 2,4, and 6 on Wednesdays and Fridays. With additional academic support at the end of the day Tuesday thru Friday. Capo has something similar but I think their online day is Wednesdays...
broman

Post by broman »

Official CIF mandated practice for Football starts on Thursday, December 10. Teams can be in full pads by Monday, December 14. Local districts are all over the place in terms of what limits are place on sports times. No word when OC health will give the green light. Time is short.
mdnc1994

Post by mdnc1994 »

God I want our guys to be on the field, but if you look at how cases over the past week steadily increased, from 166 on 11/2, to 512 on 11/8, that represents a 208% increase. While deaths have held steady for the time being, they haven't stopped either. On top of that, OC hasn't moved out of the RED tier since entering in September. If we could get actual testing for players & coaches, instead of just temp checks, we'd have a better chance of pulling this off. My guess, as much as it sucks, is MAYBE league games in Feb., but likely no football for 2020/21...
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

And the scare tactics keep on coming.
I think I shared how I was on the Board of Directors for a California Organization and was in charge of a fund raising drive. I wrote a letter to all members that Schwarzenegger signed a bill mandating what would have meant thousands monthly to every member. At the end of the letter I also told every member that I made it all up but if we didn't taken quick action it could happen. That scare was enough to raise over $100,000 for a small organization of 450 members.
The moral of the story is scare tactics work and are used on the naive public daily. Everyone has an agenda. The agenda on High school sports right now still baffles me. No kids are dying let alone any healthy adults.
mdnc1994

Post by mdnc1994 »

watchersince68 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:48 am And the scare tactics keep on coming.
Observations, not scare tactics. Ultimately, it comes down to the state, & what they are comfortable with based on the data that they are receiving. It would be nice if we had access to all of this, to be able to make informed decisions, but it seems that most everyone here is acting out of emotion rather than what the data & science is saying...
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Observations for you, scare tactics by those with an agenda.
broman

Post by broman »

Looks like some decisions will be made. Full pads for football on 12/14.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

watchersince68 wrote:Observations for you, scare tactics by those with an agenda.
Winter's coming, it's only going to get worse from here...we'll see
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
OldSunsetFan

Post by OldSunsetFan »

Omar killing another thread
"Omar is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
Forum thoughts

"How stupid is our forum?"
Omar's sharp-wittedness
broman

Post by broman »

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Nobody in charge cares that no healthy people are dying and a generation under 30 treats it as a cold.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

jb914 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 pm as far as cloth masks, i don't think they help much
Good thing we've established that what you think is about as valuable as a bag of hair.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavi ... wearer-cdc

"The CDC said early research supports community masking to lower virus spread, particularly when it’s estimated that more than half of transmissions stem from asymptomatic people. The agency also explained the filtration power of masks, writing: “Studies demonstrate that cloth mask materials can also reduce wearers’ exposure to infectious droplets through filtration, including filtration of fine droplets and particles less than 10 microns.”"

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... c-stresses

"In its new scientific brief, the CDC reviews the epidemiological and observational evidence on the use of masking and the spread of the coronavirus. That includes a study of 124 Beijing households where at least one person had a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19. As we've reported, when everyone in the household wore masks as a preventative measure before the infected person started showing symptoms, the risk of transmission was cut by 79%.

Another study highlighted by the CDC found that, among 1,000 people contact-traced in Thailand, people who reported always wearing a mask during high-risk exposures had a greater than 70% reduced risk of becoming infected compared with those who didn't wear masks under those circumstances."

Also -- "An economic analysis using U.S. data found that ... increasing universal masking by 15% could prevent the need for lockdowns and reduce associated losses of up to $1 trillion or about 5% of gross domestic product,” the agency wrote."

jb914 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 pm I have MD friends who are puzzled
Too easy.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

The CDC lied to us for months with fabricated numbers of covid deaths that were not covid deaths. And for some reason you are quoting them? No to mention Fox news, really?
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

You realize that somebody has to convey the message, right? There are links from Fox and NPR detailing the same things... it's almost as if I knew that was coming... :roll:
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

watchersince68 wrote:The CDC lied to us for months with fabricated numbers of covid deaths that were not covid deaths.
Ah, I just love a measured, reasoned debate
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

watchersince68 wrote:a generation under 30 treats it as a cold
Maybe we need an advertising campaign telling them they should think of masks as condoms for their lungs
George Will

Donald Trump
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Omar
I can send many more:

And as before listen to Dr Ray Casciari AM 640 Mon and Thur at 6pm. He is a OC Doctor that does not cloud the truth. Tim Conway Jr. show.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Interesting. We've passed the 300k mark of expected deaths in 2020. What, exactly, do ya suppose is causing that?
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Joe
Not covid.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

Watcher, you said:
watchersince68 wrote:The CDC lied to us...
Your vid says "CDC numbers reveal hospitals counted..."

Not at all what you said, is it?
George Will

Donald Trump