Trinity League Football

RedPillWonderland

Re: Trinity League Football

Post by RedPillWonderland »

How can public schools, “regular” privates or the rest of the non-Mater Dei Trinity League possibly hope to compete for the attention of talented 13 and 14 year olds across the Southland when Bosco is out here having Nike uniform reveals every June and wearing 6 different helmets ... #DestinationBosco

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

If they are transferring because of helmets and uni's it's not the families you want.
RedPillWonderland

Coaches know what appeals to kids, and coaches know what appeals to their parents. This is in the former category, and we’re not just talking about transfers. And although we’re obviously not talking about EVERY kid, new “Bosco Nike DRIP” isn’t annually announced on Twitter to get the attention of the 68 year old alums from the Class of ‘71.

It’s not an accident Trinity Lg coaches are heavily involved in the youth ball competition and training circuits (incl. 14U programs/leagues and 3DQB Youth quarterback training).

If we are talking about transfers, I’m pretty sure if (insert 4 or 5 star recruit) wants to transfer to (insert certain schools) because of the helmets and jerseys, (insert certain schools) will gladly (and unofficially) let him reserve a uniform number, announce he’s taking his talents to (insert new school) with a Twitter graphic and do whatever else he wants - just like the colleges do. Regardless of outside opinions of how that reflects on his family life.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Redpill
Very funny you made me laugh.
RedPillWonderland

watchersince68 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:29 pm Very funny you made me laugh.
Glad to hear it Watcher; this board is mostly for entertainment purposes, no? (with a little bit of HS sports discussion).
dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy »

RedPillWonderland wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:27 pm How can public schools, “regular” privates or the rest of the non-Mater Dei Trinity League possibly hope to compete for the attention of talented 13 and 14 year olds across the Southland when Bosco is out here having Nike uniform reveals every June and wearing 6 different helmets ... #DestinationBosco
It doesn’t end at high school. Check out Pierce Clarkson’s Instagram college world tour. A new uniform and social media post every day. He’s played half of 5 games in high school and he’s touring colleges and trying to get their fan base slobbering over him. No wonder these kids have a warped sense of self. I particularly love when kids post “ respect my decision”. Dude, you’ll be in the portal in 18 months, no I will not respect your decision, you liked their uniform. That’s how my wife picks her final four bracket.
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

Today’s kids are all about self-promotion through social media. Most don't even understand what a commitment means.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

Lots of insight in the last two posts.
You would think that a kid who only plays in half the sets would realize the only reason he is playing half is that the coach knows if one of them goes down he has a backup that did not transfer out. Playing two QB's through the year is nothing more than a insurance policy.
dont be that guy

It helps that 7 of their 10 games will be non-competitive. They could rotate anyone in there.

The coach isn't dumb, neither kid will care about playing time since they both will get scholarships.

If you are the QB's, why risk trying to be the star somewhere else when you can cruise at Bosco with elite talent everywhere.
RedPillWonderland

dont be that guy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:55 am If you are the QB's, why risk trying to be the star somewhere else when you can cruise at Bosco with elite talent everywhere.
Soon-to-be Oklahoma commit and 5-star recruit Malachi Nelson took that exact risk by enrolling at Los Al to be a 4-year starter and face of the program instead of leading an all-star team at a certain Trinity Lg school (later rebuffing transfer enticements within the League). It’s worked out beautifully for him.

So did the Garbers brothers (Cal, UCLA) playing for their home school at CdM. So did CJ Stroud (Ohio State) at Rancho Cucamonga. So did Hank Bachmaier (Boise St) at Murrieta Valley. So did Jayden Daniels (ASU) at Cajon. Tanner McKee at Centennial (Stanford) would even fit in that category of staying local, except that there was never any doubt he was going to CC and the Huskies are basically an all star team as well.

Those are just recent pertinent examples of superstar QBs who went the “big fish/small pond” route .......
dont be that guy

There are hundreds more, but would you leave Bosco/MD while being considered QB1.5?

Are you recommending that for either of the Bosco QB's because of Malachi Nelson at Los Al?
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

If a kid has talent and passes the eyeball test, he will get noticed, especially in this day of social media and camps every weekend. It doesn't matter if he plays for St. John Bosco or Sherman Indian Academy. A good example is Jayden Denegal, who is the #19 QB in the nation, but plays in front of a hundred fans every Friday at D-6 Apple Valley.

Big-time players don't generally go to Bosco or Mater Dei to get noticed. They typically go because they get to play and practice against other big-time players for 15 hours every week, and get coached by big-time coaches for 15 hours a week. That is a huge advantage later on.
RedPillWonderland

dont be that guy wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:35 pm There are hundreds more, but would you leave Bosco/MD while being considered QB1.5?

Are you recommending that for either of the Bosco QB's because of Malachi Nelson at Los Al?
I gave my :2cents: on the Clarkson/Houser situation in the Transfer thread. “Hundreds more” is probably a bit steep for examples that apply to the question you posed. But related to your thoughts and my examples in response, there are many star QBs (at least 7 recently that I could think of immediately) that took that “risk” and had a ton of success. And then there are other hometown heroes like Sam Darnold who never even considered going to a Trinity Lg school.
Last edited by RedPillWonderland on Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedPillWonderland

MDDad wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:14 pm Big-time players don't generally go to Bosco or Mater Dei to get noticed. They typically go because they get to play and practice against other big-time players for 15 hours every week, and get coached by big-time coaches for 15 hours a week. That is a huge advantage later on.
People here will disregard this because it doesn’t fit a preferred narrative but it’s 100% factual.
RedPillWonderland

Pretty unfortunate to hear that Bosco star rising sophomore linebacker Kyngstonn Viliamu Asa recently had knee surgery. Unsure of the extent of the procedure but hopefully the kid is well and fit for the season opener. The random injury while chasing down Elijah Brown in the April MD/Bosco game seems as bad as feared. Kid is a superstar; wishing him a quick recovery.
RedPillWonderland

Wondering why only Bosco and JSerra have announced schedules from the League so far? I’m sure MD is again struggling to find California teams willing to play pre league games, but the others?
Kuppster

Post by Kuppster »

MDDad wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:14 pm Big-time players don't generally go to Bosco or Mater Dei to get noticed. They typically go because they get to play and practice against other big-time players for 15 hours every week, and get coached by big-time coaches for 15 hours a week. That is a huge advantage later on.
All of this
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

MDDad
Have you any updated information about MD's fall football schedule?
dont be that guy

RedPillWonderland wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:32 pm I gave my on the Clarkson/Houser situation in the Transfer thread. “Hundreds more” is probably a bit steep for examples that apply to the question you posed. But related to your thoughts and my examples in response, there are many star QBs (at least 7 recently that I could think of immediately) that took that “risk” and had a ton of success. And then there are other hometown heroes like Sam Darnold who never even considered going to a Trinity Lg school.
You went back a few years to pull Daniels and both Garbers, so yeah, hundreds. My point is, if you are Katin Houser and have a scholarship in hand, do you transfer to San Clemente to get full reps or do you stay at Bosco and play half of the games but with better coaching, talent, and competition? You stay at Bosco.
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

watchersince68 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:56 am MDDad
Have you any updated information about MD's fall football schedule?
No, there are still too many moving parts.