Mater Dei vs. Servite - Live Updates

mdcrazy

Re: Mater Dei vs. Servite - Live Updates

Post by mdcrazy »

joefutbol wrote:
No such thing in this game. Either offense only needs about 30 seconds.....
Disagree-MD should have tried to milk the clock a bit knowing they were getting it to start the 3rd. MD winds up losing on that exchange.
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

I'm kinda disappointed with Servite's D, I really thought they'd play much better than they have.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

mdcrazy wrote:
Disagree-MD should have tried to milk the clock a bit knowing they were getting it to start the 3rd. MD winds up losing on that exchange.
They should have, but that Servite drive was only about a minute long anyway..... MD offense is rolling, so why take them out of their rhythm?
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Notorious wrote:I'm kinda disappointed with Servite's D, I really thought they'd play much better than they have.
Don't worry, they will show up for OLU.... they always do. :wink:
mdcrazy

Post by mdcrazy »

joefutbol wrote:
They should have, but that Servite drive was only about a minute long anyway..... MD offense is rolling, so why take them out of their rhythm?
Halftime was coming up to break the rythm anyway but at the same time maybe you are right. It's probably a lot harder to milk the clock with no play clock for the qb to see. You can't tell the kids not to score or to slow down and you have to be happy with the td. It's just pathetic the MD d can't stop anything. They were lucky they were able to cause the fumble. That was a huge play for them because they aren't forcing Servite to punt-that's for sure.
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

mdcrazy wrote:
Halftime was coming up to break the rythm anyway but at the same time maybe you are right. It's probably a lot harder to milk the clock with no play clock for the qb to see. You can't tell the kids not to score or to slow down and you have to be happy with the td. It's just pathetic the MD d can't stop anything. They were lucky they were able to cause the fumble. That was a huge play for them because they aren't forcing Servite to punt-that's for sure.
True...... Servite should have stayed with the run game on their first possession. Blocked FG, 12 men on the field, and a fumble resulting in a TD drive have killed them. Dumb mistakes. And I never complain about penalties, but that pass interference that canceled the MD holding penalty was about the worst call Ive ever seen. The WR was overthrown, there was nobody within 10 feet of him. With all the offensive fire power in the first half, the most impressive stat by far is Servite being 3 for 3 on PATs.
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

joefutbol wrote:
True...... Servite should have stayed with the run game on their first possession. Blocked FG, 12 men on the field, and a fumble resulting in a TD drive have killed them. Dumb mistakes. And I never complain about penalties, but that pass interference that canceled the MD holding penalty was about the worst call Ive ever seen. The WR was overthrown, there was nobody within 10 feet of him. With all the offensive fire power in the first half, the most impressive stat by far is Servite being 3 for 3 on PATs.
A ball doesn't need to be catchable in High school to call pass interference.
mdcrazy

Post by mdcrazy »

Is this game ever starting back up? or is it just that my feed is screwed?
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Notorious wrote: A ball doesn't need to be catchable in High school to call pass interference.
Im know, that didn't really have anything to do with it. Just a really bad call.
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Mater Dei 35 Servite 21
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Mater Dei 42 Servite 21
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions
ventura

Post by ventura »

where is Servite's defense?

I don't think I'll ever predict another game after seeing this

wow - MD moving the ball as if Servite is not even there - would have bet a million bucks that couldn't happen

ventura
hitters2

Post by hitters2 »

RMOnAir wrote:Mater Dei 42 Servite 21
yikes! #-o
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Still Mater Dei 42 Servite 21 with 4:30 to go
NBHoops

Post by NBHoops »

RMOnAir wrote:Still Mater Dei 42 Servite 21 with 4:30 to go
Ouch - Arse-whupping indeed!

:mrgreen:
Go Tars!
Go Trojans!
Go Chargers!
Go Angels!
Go Lakers!
Ramon

Post by Ramon »

Mater Dei 42 Servite 21 - Final
SOCTE

Post by SOCTE »

Two decades and counting . . .

On to the third decade . . . WOW!!! 8-[
JerryWest_44

Post by JerryWest_44 »

I knew we were in trouble against MD this year after watching the Crespi game and then the ND game -- our corners/2ndary are horrible -- so much so they give the opposing receivers 10+ yds from the line of scrimmage -- MD's line could only hold the opposing the team's line for no more then 2-3 seconds -- but it didn't matter tonite. Servite gave MD the wide receivers a free catch in the first 10 years all night long -- Additionally, Servite committed to many boneheaded mistakes early that cost them dearly:

12 men on the field
Punching a MD player early in the game
Couldn't tackle to save their lives
Fumbles etc.

Horrid outcome.

MD played with more composure and purpose. Servite played great early but fell apart and got weaker as the game continued.

BTW the teams who beat MD like Centennial had their corners RIGHT up in the face of the MD receivers...
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Anyone surprised MD held Servite to 0 second half points?
JerryWest_44

Post by JerryWest_44 »

Notorious wrote:Anyone surprised MD held Servite to 0 second half points?
Not me -- Servite looked defeated. They obviously practice for Barkely but Rollins went with the run tonite -- Servite couldn't stop the run at all tonite -- the defense against the run was VOMIT!.