Cinderella

Old School

Cinderella

Post by Old School » Sat May 30, 2009 6:50 am

Anyone notice that Huntington High beat the number one team in the state? OC Registar barely noticed. Capo and Marina was the same. Props to OC baseball.
There should be an OC Connect Trinity Board...

Grand Supreme

Re: Cinderella

Post by Grand Supreme » Sat May 30, 2009 6:58 am

Old School wrote:Anyone notice that Huntington High beat the number one team in the state? OC Registar barely noticed. Capo and Marina was the same. Props to OC baseball.

I did not want to bring it up becuase I feel it is pointless..
Via email Fryer has told me that the Register reports more on the Trinity League becuase is sells more papers...
But Edison has been killing teams in the baseball playoffs and it barely gets noticed...
Edison has a swimmer break a freaking national record, and that story never made the front page...
The LA Times does a better job on OC HS sports IMO...
MDMom, your argument is incredulous.- alonzomoseley

ocexport

Post by ocexport » Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 am

Old School

Post by Old School » Sun May 31, 2009 6:37 pm

Thanks OC since Fryer will be at MD game , HB has a chance

Old School

Post by Old School » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:31 am

Congrads to HB and Edison. Two Huntington school in the D-1 and D-2 finals. HB should be considered baseball town this year. Marina had a great season and lost to Capo in the Qt's and Ocean View lost in the second round of D-3. I doubt anyone can name a city that has had that much success. Even Brethern made the playoffs.

HB High has not been to any finals in a major sport since Tony Gonzales in 93'. They were 14-12 going into the playoffs and struggled the second half of league. I think Marina a few years back was a third place team that made the finals.

Marina2008

Post by Marina2008 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:11 pm

Old School wrote:Congrads to HB and Edison. Two Huntington school in the D-1 and D-2 finals. HB should be considered baseball town this year. Marina had a great season and lost to Capo in the Qt's and Ocean View lost in the second round of D-3. I doubt anyone can name a city that has had that much success. Even Brethern made the playoffs.

HB High has not been to any finals in a major sport since Tony Gonzales in 93'. They were 14-12 going into the playoffs and struggled the second half of league. I think Marina a few years back was a third place team that made the finals.
I know Marina won CIF around 03.