Norcos Matt Hobgood goes #5 to the Orioles...

RoadRunner

Norcos Matt Hobgood goes #5 to the Orioles...

Post by RoadRunner » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:39 pm

Nice..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

Notorious

Re: Norcos Matt Hobgood goes #5 to the Orioles...

Post by Notorious » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:32 pm

Never mind, just read something on LA Times saying he wants to sign as soon as possible.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:37 pm

RoadRunner wrote:Nice..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A couple of Million?

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:39 pm

Notorious wrote:Never mind, just read something on LA Times saying he wants to sign as soon as possible.
That was one of the things that Matt made known...That he would not hold out and sign as soon as possible..The Orioles flew Matt out to Maryland for a private work out this past Saturday...They told him if Dustin Ackley was picked before #5 they were taking him...They stayed true to their word...
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:42 pm

RoadRunner wrote: That was one of the things that Matt made known...That he would not hold out and sign as soon as possible..The Orioles flew Matt out to Maryland for a private work out this past Saturday...They told him if Dustin Ackley was picked before #5 they were taking him...They stayed true to their word...
Good for him, I wish Cole of Lutheran would have done the same thing last year, but in retrospect it's probably better he went going to college ball (he struggled quite a bit this year). I was just hoping that Renken would stay at CSUF then you'd have Hobgood and Renken next year as probably one of the best staffs in college baseball.

ringer

Post by ringer » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:49 pm

That is so awesome. The pundits had him as a top 20 pick, and no one had him as a top 5. I guess the feeling was that if the pitching thing doesn't work out, with his hitting he could play first base or something.....He's looking at $4 million or so, right? His family must be stoked....

VP_321

Post by VP_321 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Anyone know if md's aaron northcraft is gonna be drafted? I heard he got a full ride to USC but i also heard something about him losing his scholarship and that he had entered the draft.

ocexport

Post by ocexport » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Yucaipa's Matt Davidson went #35 to the D-Backs...congrats.

Grinder

Post by Grinder » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:03 pm

Notorious wrote: Good for him, I wish Cole of Lutheran would have done the same thing last year, but in retrospect it's probably better he went going to college ball (he struggled quite a bit this year). I was just hoping that Renken would stay at CSUF then you'd have Hobgood and Renken next year as probably one of the best staffs in college baseball.
Notorious... I can't say I would agree with Cole turning down millions to play college ball, but he actually had a very good year at UCLA. He was their Friday night guy and a freshman All-American. If he stays healthy, he will again be a first round pick in a couple of years. As for Renken, he had no choice but to stay at Fullerton, he's not draft eligible until next year.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Grinder wrote:
Notorious... I can't say I would agree with Cole turning down millions to play college ball, but he actually had a very good year at UCLA. He was their Friday night guy and a freshman All-American. If he stays healthy, he will again be a first round pick in a couple of years. As for Renken, he had no choice but to stay at Fullerton, he's not draft eligible until next year.
I keep forgetting about the 3 year rule in college baseball. Also I didn't realize he played that well the few times I saw his stat line in the paper it wasn't pretty, and I saw him throw against Fullerton which I think was a rough outing for him. I think I'm a little hard on Cole simply because I don't think Lutheran has had a professional player play in one of the 3 major sports yet, and Cole going to UCLA just sorta lengthened that achievement. Although I could be wrong, I just can't recall any professional athlete coming from Orange Lutheran.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:45 am

VP_321 wrote:Anyone know if md's aaron northcraft is gonna be drafted? I heard he got a full ride to USC but i also heard something about him losing his scholarship and that he had entered the draft.

Aaron went in the 10th round..I just can't remember what team..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Red

Post by Red » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:55 am

298. Atlanta, Aaron Northcraft, RHP, Mater Dei HS, Newport Beach, Calif

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:43 am

Capo all told is supposed to put 3 in the draft