[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
STREAK IS OVER!!!!!! - Page 8 - Orange County Forums

STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!

slowyoroll

Re: STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!

Postby slowyoroll » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:59 pm

"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

edac25

Postby edac25 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:13 pm

slowyoroll

Postby slowyoroll » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:57 pm

"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

edac25

Postby edac25 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:49 pm

Interesting comment made to me today by an MD Homer...can anyone confirm or deny? The Head Ref in the Servite vs. MD game is a Monarch Football Booster who's restaurant donates money to Mater Dei. Is this accurate?

Notorious

Postby Notorious » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:54 pm

Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

slowyoroll

Postby slowyoroll » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:57 pm

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:59 pm

observer

Postby observer » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:02 pm

[hr]Republicans are concerned more about health of the goose while Democrats are concerned about the distribution of its golden eggs
[hr]Simple Voter Guide
If it increases taxes, vote against it; If unions are against it, vote for it

edac25

Postby edac25 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:35 pm

RPW

Postby RPW » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:55 am

BUMP

Servite vs MD is still a big thing. See ya'll at the game.
I am The Voice of Reason

RedPillWonderland

Postby RedPillWonderland » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:19 pm

The head ref being an MD booster bit from this 10 year old thread has me in stitches TO THIS DAY lol!

Orange County OG Steve Fryer certainly is happy to see this rivalry back being relevant, at least from a media perspective ...

RPW

Postby RPW » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:29 pm

Just saw the game is on TV. Sweet... no need to be in downtown Santa Ana and run into Domingo or Red.
I am The Voice of Reason

Stugotz

Postby Stugotz » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:52 pm

While I am pleased Servite is more competitive, MD will beat them by 35 on Friday. The 'stache will have his troops fired up, as usual. Bosco had a bad game and TT was able to capitalize. That definitely won't happen against MD. Hope both teams walk away without any injuries.

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:54 pm

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:45 pm

while many say the downfall of Servite started when Servite got slaughtered by DLS in the 2010 state title game, some say the wheels were set in motion prior to that, that it started when Servite ended the Mater Dei streak in 2009, the Dog caught the Bus and had nothing else to live for or prove. Its just another reminder that Servite has only beaten MD 3 times within the past 30-31 years.

As for more specific factors that led to Servite's downfall, a weak athletic class of 2013, Troy Thomas trying to imitate DLS(that I don't get, how did he try to imitate them specifically?), Troy Thomas firing O-Coordinator Matt Mitchell, Scott Prohaska leaving Servite for MD(which Troy Thomas thought, was the biggest, main factor), I remember reading that on another thread.

I remember I was in attendance at the 2009 game in which Servite ended the 20-year streak, fireworks were being set off, can't say I blame the Servite community for that, too much agonizing years.

I remember when Servite started to become relevant again in the 2000's decade, it was still a shock for many, and me as well, how Servite would still lose to MD, even though Servite would beat teams that MD lost to. It goes to show how much mental pressure was on both sides, for MD, a lot of pressure to not get labeled as being the first team to lose, that for Rollo, he would rather beat Servite than win state.

The MD-Servite game that I will never forget, is the 2006 game at Angel Stadium, Matt Barkley's sophomore year, Servite was so close to ending the streak but they missed a field goal that bounced, richocheted off the goal post

templar83

Postby templar83 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:01 pm

WantTheNFLBack714

Postby WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pm

I believe that was Ryan Kalil's senior year at Servite, Jason Forcier was the QB for MD at the time. That 2002 MD team, was the last MD team to reach the CIF Finals, they got slaughtered by Los Al at Angel Stadium in the 2002 Finals, Randy Estes was on that Los Al team at the time, a huge waste of talent due to off-the-field issues, that was the last championship game appearance for MD before Rollo blew up the program, MD would not qualify for a CIF title game appearance for a full decade until the 2012 season, which marked the beginning of the new MD era.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:40 pm

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

RPW

Postby RPW » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 am

The game at Anaheim stadium with Barkley being twisted in half on the goal line while throwing a dime to Andrew Abbot still kills me. The dudes on that Servite team were incredible and just wish it happened for those guys.
I am The Voice of Reason

longtimeobserver

Postby longtimeobserver » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 am

That play with Barkley to Abbott was a highlite play----one of his best---I still enjoy viewing
it on a replay of the game. One of many I view over and over.

Return to “High School”