STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!

atgreek

Re: STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!

Post by atgreek » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:21 am

edac25 wrote:Tough night Kicks? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Edac, you're a classless loudmouth. You have no doubt heard the term "there's one in every group." You're what people on this board hate about Servite. The kids on the field work their butts off for years, even prior to coming to Servite, to put themselves in a position to win and YOU tarnish their image by being who you are.

BRAVO! Let's give the jerk a hand. =D>

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:21 am

I'm going to echo what Edac is saying (about this one topic only) Blackwell was acting pretty terribly, but it's understandable given the principles. When you're considered to be on the worst team under Rollinson (while probably not true it's what they feel like), then you're not going to be as classy as you should be. You're going to have extracurricular activity happen, it's just what happens to a lot of people when they're faced with that realization. I doubt every Orange Lutheran player would have been classy had they lost to JSerra last night.

This is exactly why I feel sorry for Poly/MD this year. Because the enormous weight that was on their shoulders has been dropped by them (especially Poly). Trust me they'll be given plenty of **** from fans/alumni about how they're the worst team of the last 20 years, and unfortunately it's what their football team is going to be remembered for.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

atgreek

Post by atgreek » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:28 am

Luca wrote:On this thread we have

While on another thread we have

One reaps what one sows. Luca

I'm sorry Luca.....last night there must have been 300 people on the JSerra stands, for a team that was 6-0 and coming off their first Trinity league victory. And THAT is being generous. Loyalty and fan support are two different things. The 300 that were there were boisterous, loud and very supportive. Was it a show of great fan support? Nope, bring 3000 next time.

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:47 am

Congrats Servite =D>
Good luck the rest of the season.

Our Monarchs are young....and we will be back... :rockon:
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:11 am

AndUR?? wrote:Congrats Servite =D>
Good luck the rest of the season.

Our Monarchs are young....and we will be back... :rockon:
Ditto...the best team won last night. =D>

Now, how do we finagle our way into the playoffs...? :-k

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:14 am

pshaw wrote: Ditto...the best team won last night. =D>

Now, how do we finagle our way into the playoffs...? :-k
Haven't figured that one out yet... :ROFL:

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:20 am

edac25 wrote:RM - do you need a tissue? I'm really surprised to see you crying like a little b!tch tonight. Don't forget you owe me a bottle of Don Julio 1942 and some tacos! Don't pull a Bling and not pay your wager!!

Oh Victory...how sweet it is. Didn't I tell you all to BOOK IT!!!!
You're acting like you had something to do with this victory...I never lost to Servite on the field...Can you say the same...I thought so..

Since you're being a bad sport here is what I'm going to do...

http://www.hudsonwinemarket.com/skuA460 ... ILA%201942

Tacos run about $4...

So in honor of National Breast Cancer Month I'm going to donate $85 to the Susan G Komen Foundation in your name...So should I make it out as Edac? PM me.

I always pay my debts...Ask RoadRunner...NEVER question my integrity again.
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:22 am

SoMelo wrote: He'll be fine he was just to embarassed to come back because only the servite players and cheerleaders took a knee for him.. My friends and I were saying prayers.. :thumbsup:
Really Melo....come on now...let's trying showing a bit more class here...

pattywannamack

Post by pattywannamack » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:36 am

I had to give myself a night before I came here and posted my in depth opinions about the game.

First off, there are few people in the student body who are as passionate about Mater Dei football as I am. For me to part of the class that lost to Servite is going to be very tough for me to swallow. With that being said, I walked away from last night's game feeling not as heart broken as I should have felt.

Sure it was a painful game to watch. Fajardo steamrolled us, while we just didn't have an answer on offense or defense. Servite was clearly the better team, they played their hearts out, and they executed their plan flawlessly. Does this mean Mater Dei with all of its young players couldn't have won? Absolutely not, this team is a lot better than everyone thinks, and we easily had the potential to win the game. So why didn't we?

The Mater Dei spirit just wasn't there last night. All this season throughout campus I've constantly heard remarks like "I hope we don't lose to Servite this year" or "Ugh, I think we're going to lose to Servite this year". With an attitude like that it's no wonder that we lost. In my opinion the "streak" is all mental. Servite teams that were vastly superior to Mater Dei teams lost because they let themselves get psyched out. Last night a Mater Dei team with every potential to win lost because they lost the mental portion of the game. In terms of overall student and fans support, as well as spirit in general, Mater Dei just wasn't there last night and it made a big difference. I am not even going to try to suggest that if we just "believed" we could have beat Servite. They proved that they were a hell of a team, and even if we showed up as a school body, they still could have won. Still, that is no excuse for Mater Dei and its fans to show up believing that we already lost the game before it even began.

So why am I not as devastated as I should be? As I remarked in my previous post, a ton of fair weather fans showed up last night. After that first touchdown by Servite, they all reverted to "deer in headlights" mode, and showed absolutely no spirit, support, or passion. While everyone sat there letting Servite pummel us without saying a word to encourage the Monarchs, me and a group of about fifteen or so of my friends cheered our hearts out all game long. Sure it was hard to cheer as we made more and more mistakes, and defeat came ever closer, but by God as fans of Mater Dei football, we sure as hell gave it our all. I know it all sounds incredibly corny, but I take great pride in the fact that we cheered and stuck with our team until the very end, while everyone else sat there with that stupid "deer in headlights" look on their face.

My brother and I also had the unique privilege of going on the field for the second half of the game. As a long time fan of Mater Dei football it has been a bit of a dream to be on the field for a Mater Dei game, and to be on the field for a Mater Dei-Servite game was just icing on the cake. Of course I couldn't help but relish in the irony that the one time I finally get to go on the field, I had to watch Servite beat Mater Dei. But it was an awesome experience nonetheless, and a very fond memory of my time at Mater Dei.

I have nothing but respect for Servite, they fought honorably, and won with integrity. I was expecting their fans to go insane and start giving us all this crap, but they didn't, and for that they went up a few notches in my book. Once again it was a tough loss, and one which I would have much rather not have had to go through, but my friends and I showed up with passion, spirit, and pride in our school, something few other Mater Dei fans, (at least on the student side) had. I have absolutely no regrets about that.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

Chopblock

Post by Chopblock » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:37 am

TICKET TO AN EPIC GAME: $8

TAILGATE FOOD AND DRINKS: $40

CRAPPY STADIUM SOUND SYSTEM WHICH PREVENTED US FROM HEARING NEEDLEDICK MD ANNOUNCER GUY THIS YEAR: PRICELESS!!!

Thanks to all who stopped by before and after the game for food, drinks, and Friar fellowship.

:rockon:
"There is no way c'ervite can beat Edison..."
"Is c'ervite offense gonna show up this time?" butt_blng Dec 4/5, 2009

RPW

Post by RPW » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:41 am

did i win the damn $750??? I didn't hear them call the numbers.
I am The Voice of Reason

Chopblock

Post by Chopblock » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:50 am

patty - you have always showed class and maturity beyond your years when you post on this board. Today is no exception. Trust me - Friar fans know better than almost anybody the sting of not playing your best game and losing to your rival. Any school would be lucky to have a fan like you. Any parent would be proud to have a son like you. Keep up the good work. Your team has a lot of young talent and will bounce back soon enough. Your boy #62 played a good game last night - he's the real deal.

What you described about a listless, apathetic crowd sometimes happens in big games because it's the "in thing" to go to a game like this. It happened to Servite when they played Edison in the playoffs at El Modena in Galippo's senior year. The rabid, boisterous, screaming fans who helped propel the Friars to victory over OLU earlier in the year were replaced by passive, decaf latte sipping automatons who just sat there in ghostly silence and let Dominque Vinson win that game.

Trust your heart and cheer for your team win or lose. See you in the playoffs........
"There is no way c'ervite can beat Edison..."
"Is c'ervite offense gonna show up this time?" butt_blng Dec 4/5, 2009

regularbob

Post by regularbob » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:02 am

I havent had a chance to post since I left for Vegas right after the game. I wanted to say Congrats to Servite Nation they played well and were just the better team this time. Much of what I want to post has already been said. MD is young and could be a sneaky team in the playoffs. Best of luck the rest of the year to the Friars...
Last edited by regularbob on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

RPW

Post by RPW » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:10 am

RM - 11 seniors played. We are just as young as MD/Poly... so be afraid of us next year also.

Victor was not punched or kicked. He was played with an aggressive hands on attack from the snap of the ball. After each play he wanted to get up and talk smack.. he got it back from all 11 Servite players. Problem was the other 10 MD players didn't talk smack and just played the game. Victor is a WR and if he didn't have an EGO he would not be a WR. I loved his trash talk and wanted him to bring it... i didn't like after the ref, teammates and coaches told him to stop he kept going. Not my problem but it is someones.

Cody Fajardo said to people... "leave me alone until after this game. I need to go win this game" He did just that. Hats off to the young man for doing a great job last night.

Both Servite and MD have some idiot fans, but Melo and Edac are not. This was a great game to be a part of as a dad. We still have 3 more games and none will be easy.
I am The Voice of Reason

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:21 am

RPW wrote:RM - 11 seniors played. We are just as young as MD/Poly... so be afraid of us next year also.

Victor was not punched or kicked. He was played with an aggressive hands on attack from the snap of the ball. After each play he wanted to get up and talk smack.. he got it back from all 11 Servite players. Problem was the other 10 MD players didn't talk smack and just played the game. Victor is a WR and if he didn't have an EGO he would not be a WR. I loved his trash talk and wanted him to bring it... i didn't like after the ref, teammates and coaches told him to stop he kept going. Not my problem but it is someones.

Cody Fajardo said to people... "leave me alone until after this game. I need to go win this game" He did just that. Hats off to the young man for doing a great job last night.

Both Servite and MD have some idiot fans, but Melo and Edac are not. This was a great game to be a part of as a dad. We still have 3 more games and none will be easy.
Servite is never a push over...You guys always bring your a-game and play hard on every down...I never said Servite would be down...I only mentioned Fajardo as graduating...He is awesome and has Corp like tendencies...Lets hope he does better than Aaron in college...Heck I almost can guarantee he will be something special at the next level...And although I like Edac...He is a massive tool of the highest order...SoMelo on the other hand is actually a personal friend of mine who is privy to my personal life away from this board...She let emotion get the best of her...Very understandable.
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Lightsonswim

Post by Lightsonswim » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:57 am

RMOnAir wrote: Servite is never a push over...You guys always bring your a-game and play hard on every down...I never said Servite would be down...I only mentioned Fajardo as graduating...He is awesome and has Corp like tendencies...Lets hope he does better than Aaron in college...Heck I almost can guarantee he will be something special at the next level...And although I like Edac...He is a massive tool of the highest order...SoMelo on the other hand is actually a personal friend of mine who is privy to my personal life away from this board...She let emotion get the best of her...Very understandable.
I don't know as much as an Athelete that Fajardo is he can't make any splashes in college running the ball every other play, that combined with almost all his passes owed to the superior physical ability of his recievers, he'll find more even matches in college. I hope the kid does great in college but he's going to have to check that tendency to run or he may find himself getting hurt.

Also congrats on patty making swim team captain

RPW

Post by RPW » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:20 am

Lightsonswim wrote:
I don't know as much as an Athelete that Fajardo is he can't make any splashes in college running the ball every other play, that combined with almost all his passes owed to the superior physical ability of his recievers, he'll find more even matches in college. I hope the kid does great in college but he's going to have to check that tendency to run or he may find himself getting hurt.

Hi.
My name is RPW. I usually am pretty rude to new posters that are full of ****. And in this case we have no exception. Please shut up... Cody did what he needed to do to win the game. Taking what the defense gave him.

Please take time to "I enjoy being a girl" and go back to your old poster name.
I am The Voice of Reason

Lightsonswim

Post by Lightsonswim » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:27 am

RPW wrote:

Hi.
My name is RPW. I usually am pretty rude to new posters that are full of ****. And in this case we have no exception. Please shut up... Cody did what he needed to do to win the game. Taking what the defense gave him.

Please take time to "I enjoy being a girl" and go back to your old poster name.
haha I have no comment that he didn't play wonderfully in that game, but if his only tactic is the run then he is going to have issues in college and NFL is all.

lofty

Post by lofty » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:28 am

pattywannamack wrote:I had to give myself a night before I came here and posted my in depth opinions about the game.

First off, there are few people in the student body who are as passionate about Mater Dei football as I am. For me to part of the class that lost to Servite is going to be very tough for me to swallow. With that being said, I walked away from last night's game feeling not as heart broken as I should have felt.

Sure it was a painful game to watch. Fajardo steamrolled us, while we just didn't have an answer on offense or defense. Servite was clearly the better team, they played their hearts out, and they executed their plan flawlessly. Does this mean Mater Dei with all of its young players couldn't have won? Absolutely not, this team is a lot better than everyone thinks, and we easily had the potential to win the game. So why didn't we?

The Mater Dei spirit just wasn't there last night. All this season throughout campus I've constantly heard remarks like "I hope we don't lose to Servite this year" or "Ugh, I think we're going to lose to Servite this year". With an attitude like that it's no wonder that we lost. In my opinion the "streak" is all mental. Servite teams that were vastly superior to Mater Dei teams lost because they let themselves get psyched out. Last night a Mater Dei team with every potential to win lost because they lost the mental portion of the game. In terms of overall student and fans support, as well as spirit in general, Mater Dei just wasn't there last night and it made a big difference. I am not even going to try to suggest that if we just "believed" we could have beat Servite. They proved that they were a hell of a team, and even if we showed up as a school body, they still could have won. Still, that is no excuse for Mater Dei and its fans to show up believing that we already lost the game before it even began.

So why am I not as devastated as I should be? As I remarked in my previous post, a ton of fair weather fans showed up last night. After that first touchdown by Servite, they all reverted to "deer in headlights" mode, and showed absolutely no spirit, support, or passion. While everyone sat there letting Servite pummel us without saying a word to encourage the Monarchs, me and a group of about fifteen or so of my friends cheered our hearts out all game long. Sure it was hard to cheer as we made more and more mistakes, and defeat came ever closer, but by God as fans of Mater Dei football, we sure as hell gave it our all. I know it all sounds incredibly corny, but I take great pride in the fact that we cheered and stuck with our team until the very end, while everyone else sat there with that stupid "deer in headlights" look on their face.

My brother and I also had the unique privilege of going on the field for the second half of the game. As a long time fan of Mater Dei football it has been a bit of a dream to be on the field for a Mater Dei game, and to be on the field for a Mater Dei-Servite game was just icing on the cake. Of course I couldn't help but relish in the irony that the one time I finally get to go on the field, I had to watch Servite beat Mater Dei. But it was an awesome experience nonetheless, and a very fond memory of my time at Mater Dei.

I have nothing but respect for Servite, they fought honorably, and won with integrity. I was expecting their fans to go insane and start giving us all this crap, but they didn't, and for that they went up a few notches in my book. Once again it was a tough loss, and one which I would have much rather not have had to go through, but my friends and I showed up with passion, spirit, and pride in our school, something few other Mater Dei fans, (at least on the student side) had. I have absolutely no regrets about that.

Thanks Patty for the kind words, I'm sure it goes both ways when it comes to fan reaction I remember cheering my heart out at the Edison game and could barely get an "OHHHHHHHHH..." from the 1500 Frair fans that were there. good luck to your son and md rest of the season.

RPW

Post by RPW » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:32 am

Lightsonswim wrote:
haha I have no comment that he didn't play wonderfully in that game, but if his only tactic is the run then he is going to have issues in college and NFL is all.

He could throw and interception, take a sack or find your dumbass on the sidelines and drill a spiral to your grill.

I like option 3.

Let the kid finish the next 3 games and maybe the playoff's of his high school career.
I am The Voice of Reason