STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!

slowyoroll

Re: STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:44 pm

SoMelo wrote:Good game Servite.. You held it together and showed good sportsmanship throughout the game.

Sorry folks...Blackwell is not a stud and he wasn't showing a passion for the game only his lack of class, kind a like a punk kid you never want your boys associated with. Chris Ward is a stud and UCLA is lucky to get him.

Servite players and cheerleaders all took a knee when a MD player was injured.. No one on the MD side took a knee. That's pretty sad.

I was really shocked at the mass exodus of MD fans at 4th quarter. Couldn't you stay and support your team till the end?

MD fans had completely cleared the stands within 5 minutes of the game, I hung around and was waiting for Lionhunter to tear the goal post down.. 15 minutes after we left Servite side still packed and it's gonna be crazy at the school tonight.

Servite earned and deserved the victory...

CREDO!!!!

Wow..for someone who is so into football you are so off here..We don't take a knee...it's not Pop Warner and it our choice.We cleared the stands because we go straight to the Grotto to get ready for our boys...MD is 5 minutes away from the bowl..we go back to our school.
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:46 pm

SoMelo wrote:
how about the they were all leaving before THEIR Alma Mater and the Poise Drill?
Come on SoMelo...There are at least 70% of the MD fans there...That more fans than Servite's that stayed after last years lost...Let it go...There we're lots of late hits on Blackwell all night long...No Monarch has complained as of yet...Why does the victorious Servite side need to go down this road...It was an awesome game...Enjoy your win!
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:48 pm

kicks2 wrote:

Wow..for someone who is so into football you are so off here..We don't take a knee...it's not Pop Warner and it our choice.We cleared the stands because we go straight to the Grotto to get ready for our boys...MD is 5 minutes away from the bowl..we go back to our school.
Sorry, fans should stay at the game and support their team, but hey it's not important to your school... that's cool --:--

diablofan

Post by diablofan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey melo, chill. What does what MD have fans do have to do with you and Servite. Be happy you won. MD fans have come on here and been classy congratulating you Servite people so just let it go.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:52 pm

SoMelo wrote: Sorry, fans should stay at the game and support their team, but hey it's not important to your school... that's cool --:--

Who are you to say what WE are suppose to do? Do you know how many fans come back to MD to wait for our boys? Do you know we line up and wait for them to get off the bus and clap for them their march up to the Grotto? Do you know we pray together? ..You obviously don't..they know we support them..Don't worry about us..go support your team..they deserve it tonight
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:55 pm

kicks2 wrote:

Who are you to say what WE are suppose to do? Do you know how many fans come back to MD to wait for our boys? Do you know we line up and wait for them to get off the bus and clap for them their march up to the Grotto? Do you know we pray together? ..You obviously don't..they know we support them..Don't worry about us..go support your team..they deserve it tonight
One of my most emotional moments was seeing MD parents clap and support us after a tough loss...There will be lots of tears and hugs tonight...You are in the right place Kicks...And your boy is never going to forget that =D>
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

atgreek

Post by atgreek » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:55 pm

kicks2 wrote:

Are soMelo and Edac brothers? Twins?

pattywannamack

Post by pattywannamack » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:57 pm

kicks2 wrote:

Kicks, that's not it.

Mater Dei had a ton of fair weather fans show up tonight, and after that first touchdown they reverted to "deer in headlights" mode. I'm quite frankly disappointed in the student body as a whole. Very little spirit, very little passion, hell my group of theater friends, people that no one expects to have any school spirit, out cheered hundreds of students tonight. We lost this game because we lost the mental portion of it, we didn't believe we could win, and because of that we didn't win.

This isn't to take anything away from Servite of course, they played a brilliant game, executed well, and won with integrity. They have my utmost respect for showing up tonight and doing what no other class in twenty years could do. So congratulations to them.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

oracle

Post by oracle » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:01 pm

SoMelo wrote: Sorry, fans should stay at the game and support their team, but hey it's not important to your school... that's cool --:--

I have been a friend to Srevite for more years than you have probably been alive. As a self proclaimed MD homer, I have also been critical of my own school when I thought they deserved it. I have seen so many classy fans from Servite and Mater Dei over the years and yes, I;ve seen some of the real loosers from both schools that have cast a shadow upon their teams and their schools, and it's unfortunate that you do not understand what winning with class means..you young man are one of those that a proud Servite nation does not need to represent them.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:09 pm

RM - do you need a tissue? I'm really surprised to see you crying like a little b!tch tonight. Don't forget you owe me a bottle of Don Julio 1942 and some tacos! Don't pull a Bling and not pay your wager!!

Oh Victory...how sweet it is. Didn't I tell you all to BOOK IT!!!!

ExRep

Post by ExRep » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:11 pm

WileyWolverine wrote:Melo... Talk about low class. Enjoy your victory but don't come in here and start bad-mouthing a player... a team and its fans.
Wiley....

You weren't there, you said so yourself in a post yesterday.

SoMelo has the gall to make her views public, but I would agree with her in many of the particulars.

I don't know if Blackwell is a stud or not, he certainly gets the press. But he wasn't getting his way and he
let the pressure get to him. His behavior was less than exemplary toward the end of the game, and Rollo appeared to have words with him on the sidelines about it. There were several offsetting personal and unsportsmanlike-conduct fouls in the last quarter. Imagine the pressure down there on that field as the clock wound down to the last four minutes. Pressure on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

BUT....This was a hardfought game; both teams battled to the end. The Servite crowd was ecstatic at the end because the game was never a sure thing until the latter part of the fourth quarter.

One sight I will never forget.......Rollo in front of the Monarch players at the end of the game, shaking the hand of every Servite player, patting their helmets and congratulating them for the win..

Now that is Class!

Ex
"H'aint we got all the fools in town on our side? That's a big enough majority in any town."......Sen. Ted Cruz

pattywannamack

Post by pattywannamack » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:12 pm

edac25 wrote:RM - do you need a tissue? I'm really surprised to see you crying like a little b!tch tonight. Don't forget you owe me a bottle of Don Julio 1942 and some tacos! Don't pull a Bling and not pay your wager!!

RM's not crying...
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:14 pm

oracle wrote:

I have been a friend to Srevite for more years than you have probably been alive. As a self proclaimed MD homer, I have also been critical of my own school when I thought they deserved it. I have seen so many classy fans from Servite and Mater Dei over the years and yes, I;ve seen some of the real loosers from both schools that have cast a shadow upon their teams and their schools, and it's unfortunate that you do not understand what winning with class means..you young man are one of those that a proud Servite nation does not need to represent them.
Sorry Oracle and the rest of you MD Homers, SoMelo is right on this one. Victor Blackwell's lack of class all night was NOT what I expect out of Mater Dei Football Player...NOT what I expect from a Bruce Rollinson Football Player. That kid needs to shut his mouth and play football. Then again maybe I should cut the kid a break, his team, the 2009 Monarchs, just went down in school history as THE TEAM that gave up the Streak...not a legacy I would want to carry either. I'll give VB a pass tonight. Good luck the rest of the season MD, hope you can join us the playoffs.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:15 pm

edac25 wrote:RM - do you need a tissue? I'm really surprised to see you crying like a little b!tch tonight. Don't forget you owe me a bottle of Don Julio 1942 and some tacos! Don't pull a Bling and not pay your wager!!

I'm calling bull crap right now.

You've said Book it the last 7 years of course you'll get it right eventually. It's like guessing the same answer over and over to every Jeopardy question, eventually you'll get it right.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Edac... Truth! What do you see in your future that is any different than when you rose this morning? What will be fun to watch is the next game between Mater Dei and Servite now that a true rivalry has been created. Congrats to you for surviving a 50-50 season. GO TROJANS! :mrgreen:
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:22 pm

edac25 wrote:
Sorry Oracle and the rest of you MD Homers, SoMelo is right on this one. Victor Blackwell's lack of class all night was NOT what I expect out of Mater Dei Football Player...NOT what I expect from a Bruce Rollinson Football Player. That kid needs to shut his mouth and play football. Then again maybe I should cut the kid a break, his team, the 2009 Monarchs, just went down in school history as THE TEAM that gave up the Streak...not a legacy I would want to carry either. I'll give VB a pass tonight. Good luck the rest of the season MD, hope you can join us the playoffs.[/quot

Edac you don't know anything about CLASS..for once show some respect to your school...
Don't come here bashing our players and (for Melo) questioning our loyalty...it's been 20 damn years why don't you guys just enjoy the win..and act like you've been here before...

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

oracle

Post by oracle » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:22 pm

edac25 wrote:Sorry Oracle and the rest of you MD Homers, SoMelo is right on this one. Victor Blackwell's lack of class all night was NOT what I expect out of Mater Dei Football Player...NOT what I expect from a Bruce Rollinson Football Player. That kid needs to shut his mouth and play football. Then again maybe I should cut the kid a break, his team, the 2009 Monarchs, just went down in school history as THE TEAM that gave up the Streak...not a legacy I would want to carry either. I'll give VB a pass tonight. Good luck the rest of the season MD, hope you can join us the playoffs.
Edac, I won't make any excuses for Mr. Blackwell, nor appologies, because I don't know what transpired on the field, I saw players from both sides sling some trash, but that's part of the game.
If Blackwell got out of line I know Rollo will reel him in. That should not taint a great victory by your team, but it's also not necessary for somelo to also tear down the MD crowd, it's looking for some excuse to rub your face in a loss.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:26 pm

kicks2 wrote:Sorry Oracle and the rest of you MD Homers, SoMelo is right on this one. Victor Blackwell's lack of class all night was NOT what I expect out of Mater Dei Football Player...NOT what I expect from a Bruce Rollinson Football Player. That kid needs to shut his mouth and play football. Then again maybe I should cut the kid a break, his team, the 2009 Monarchs, just went down in school history as THE TEAM that gave up the Streak...not a legacy I would want to carry either. I'll give VB a pass tonight. Good luck the rest of the season MD, hope you can join us the playoffs.[/quot

Edac you don't know anything about CLASS..for once show some respect to your school...
Don't come here bashing our players and (for Melo) questioning our loyalty...it's been 20 damn years why don't you guys just enjoy the win..and act like you've been here before...
I don't know anything about CLASS??? Sugar, my middle name is CLASS...just ask someone. Howz it feel to lose the most infamous streak in So Cal High School Sports History Kicks? Howz it feel? And you said it wasn't gonna happen... :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Chopblock

Post by Chopblock » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:29 pm

ExRep wrote: One sight I will never forget.......Rollo in front of the Monarch players at the end of the game, shaking the hand of every Servite player, patting their helmets and congratulating them for the win..

Now that is Class!

Ex
I gotta agree with Ex here. Rollo was at the head of the line after the game and he spoke to every Servite player and gave them a pat on the helmet as he passed by. That was a great act of sportsmanship - and it raised my already high opinion of him way higher.

I have to admit that it was nice to win - but deep down I realized that it wasn't as big a deal as some have been making it out to be. What is more important to me is how close a bond our players, parents, and alumni have have forged over the many years leading up to tonight's game. I love my school and everything it stands for - and no single win or loss can ever erase that feeling for me.

Great job tonight Servite!

CREDO
"There is no way c'ervite can beat Edison..."
"Is c'ervite offense gonna show up this time?" butt_blng Dec 4/5, 2009

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:30 pm

edac25 wrote:I don't know anything about CLASS??? Sugar, my middle name is CLASS...just ask someone. Howz it feel to lose the most infamous streak in So Cal High School Sports History Kicks? Howz it feel? And you said it wasn't gonna happen... :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

It sucks Edac...was your kid on the field? 20 damn years. it's bound to happen..win a few more before you roll on the ground and laugh...You are a classless loudmouth and I guarantee you were a bench warmer...you're like a raider fan...loud mouth..that never played a down..

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT