STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Re: STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!

Post by crayegg » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:31 pm

edac25 wrote:I don't know anything about CLASS??? Sugar, my middle name is CLASS...just ask someone. Howz it feel to lose the most infamous streak in So Cal High School Sports History Kicks? Howz it feel? And you said it wasn't gonna happen... :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Act like you've been there before. Words to live by.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:31 pm

oracle wrote:
Edac, I won't make any excuses for Mr. Blackwell, nor appologies, because I don't know what transpired on the field, I saw players from both sides sling some trash, but that's part of the game.
If Blackwell got out of line I know Rollo will reel him in. That should not taint a great victory by your team, but it's also not necessary for somelo to also tear down the MD crowd, it's looking for some excuse to rub your face in a loss.
I have nothing negative to say about the MD crowd, I was actually impressed with the way they cheered for their team after the game. It's as if they felt the pain down on the field and they wanted to do something about it. I respected that. What I didn't respect was the primadonna attitude of Blackwell all night long...trash talking all night...that's NOT what Coach Rollo teaches, that's not Mater Dei Football.

drj44

Post by drj44 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:32 pm

A great win by the Friars. Congrats to Coach Thomas on a great game plan.The young men played their hearts out in this victory. It was literally felt around the world. I should know...I texted people everywhere. It's great to finally get that monkey off our back. Now we can enjoy the win for a couple of days and the young men can prepare for SM.

Coach Rollo was very classy after the game. I also saw him have words with Mr. Blackwell. I'm sure that will be corrected. Most of the MD fans I saw were just very somber. Imagine feeling that for 20 years in a row. I have family on the MD side and I'll give them 24 hours to cool off before we talk football. Good luck to MD the rest of the way.

Credo

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:33 pm

edac25 wrote:I have nothing negative to say about the MD crowd, I was actually impressed with the way they cheered for their team after the game. It's as if they felt the pain down on the field and they wanted to do something about it. I respected that. What I didn't respect was the primadonna attitude of Blackwell all night long...trash talking all night...that's NOT what Coach Rollo teaches, that's not Mater Dei Football.
Who gives a **** what you respect..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:33 pm

edac25 wrote:Sorry Oracle and the rest of you MD Homers, SoMelo is right on this one. Victor Blackwell's lack of class all night was NOT what I expect out of Mater Dei Football Player...NOT what I expect from a Bruce Rollinson Football Player. That kid needs to shut his mouth and play football. Then again maybe I should cut the kid a break, his team, the 2009 Monarchs, just went down in school history as THE TEAM that gave up the Streak...not a legacy I would want to carry either. I'll give VB a pass tonight. Good luck the rest of the season MD, hope you can join us the playoffs.
Edac... I can excuse you from most of your indiscretions but attempting to cast light on the shadow of Melo's opening salvo has further diminished your stature to that of a wine-slurping church mouse.

I watched the game on stream and recall the officials calling offsetting personal fouls several times. I believe VB was complaining about some kicking and punching. Kudos to the game officials for not sitting any players which would cause them to sit out the next game. Oh, and BTW, the announcers on the broadcast made mention several times about Servite playing "Fresno State" football... whatever that means.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS

Lightsonswim

Post by Lightsonswim » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:34 pm

oracle wrote:
Edac, I won't make any excuses for Mr. Blackwell, nor appologies, because I don't know what transpired on the field, I saw players from both sides sling some trash, but that's part of the game.
If Blackwell got out of line I know Rollo will reel him in. That should not taint a great victory by your team, but it's also not necessary for somelo to also tear down the MD crowd, it's looking for some excuse to rub your face in a loss.
I don't think a single play went by where a servite player didn't hit victor,even when he was on the ground after a block he was getting jumped on. As an MD player he shouldn't have lost his cool, but I've known Victor since Freshmen year and he's in my 0 block I don't think he'd be one to get upset lightly, there was mud on both sides of the field, the Servite and MD penalties prove it, I think for the first time I've seen more 10+ yard penalties then 5 yarders.

oracle

Post by oracle » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:35 pm

Chopblock wrote: I gotta agree with Ex here. Rollo was at the head of the line after the game and he spoke to every Servite player and gave them a pat on the helmet as he passed by. That was a great act of sportsmanship - and it raised my already high opinion of him way higher.

I have to admit that it was nice to win - but deep down I realized that it wasn't as big a deal as some have been making it out to be. What is more important to me is how close a bond our players, parents, and alumni have have forged over the many years leading up to tonight's game. I love my school and everything it stands for - and no single win or loss can ever erase that feeling for me.

Great job tonight Servite!

CREDO
Rollo has always made it a point to respect the players from opposing teams.
You also make a very good point about the straek bringing a greater bond to the Servite family. I have noticed that for years with friends of mine in the Servite community.
Last edited by oracle on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:38 pm

[quote="WileyWolverine"][/quote] Oh, and BTW, the announcers on the broadcast made mention several times about Servite playing "Fresno State" football... whatever that means.

Maybe Fordama can clue us in.

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Maybe Victor Blackwell was reacting to remarks made to him...you weren't down on
the field...you don't know what is being said....so leave it alone....there were three
double personal fouls called....meaning that it went BOTH WAYS...As to Melo
and what she said...you should have seen all the orange seats last year that were empty
on the Servite side....so don't come on so "righteous" and enjoy the victory. We expect
that from EDAC and either read or disregard his posts-- maybe we should start doing
the same with yours.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:41 pm

kicks2 wrote:
Who gives a **** what you respect..
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Chopblock wrote: I gotta agree with Ex here. Rollo was at the head of the line after the game and he spoke to every Servite player and gave them a pat on the helmet as he passed by. That was a great act of sportsmanship - and it raised my already high opinion of him way higher.

I have to admit that it was nice to win - but deep down I realized that it wasn't as big a deal as some have been making it out to be. What is more important to me is how close a bond our players, parents, and alumni have have forged over the many years leading up to tonight's game. I love my school and everything it stands for - and no single win or loss can ever erase that feeling for me.

Great job tonight Servite!

CREDO

Great game by the Friars..nothing but class all the way around..It's unfortunate though
that Edac shows no class at all...he really taints the school and is an embarrassment...
Is there even any proof that he actually went to Servite?
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

edac25

Post by edac25 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:44 pm

longtimeobserver wrote:Maybe Victor Blackwell was reacting to remarks made to him...you weren't down on
the field...you don't know what is being said....so leave it alone....there were three
double personal fouls called....meaning that it went BOTH WAYS...As to Melo
and what she said...you should have seen all the orange seats last year that were empty
on the Servite side....so don't come on so "righteous" and enjoy the victory. We expect
that from EDAC and either read or disregard his posts
-- maybe we should start doing
the same with yours.
Hey! I take offense to that. I am one of most respected Servite Friar Posters on this board. I await your apology.

ocftbllguy

Post by ocftbllguy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:44 pm

maybe the servite fans have forgotton the last twenty years?...some you guys lack the class of a twelve year old..its pathetic . just cause you win one out of twenty doesnt mean you have the right to talk trash...servite will choke in the playoffs like they always do. enjoy the victory tonight and move on to next week. watch out for a hangover game next week

edac25

Post by edac25 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:46 pm

kicks2 wrote:

Great game by the Friars..nothing but class all the way around..It's unfortunate though
that Edac shows no class at all...he really taints the school and is an embarrassment...
Tough night Kicks? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

drj44

Post by drj44 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:49 pm

ocftbllguy wrote:maybe the servite fans have forgotton the last twenty years?...some you guys lack the class of a twelve year old..its pathetic . just cause you win one out of twenty doesnt mean you have the right to talk trash...servite will choke in the playoffs like they always do. enjoy the victory tonight and move on to next week. watch out for a hangover game next week
[-X A little upset? Remember...not EVERY Servite fan feels the same way. Get some sleep. Things will be ok in the morning.

I promise...

Chopblock

Post by Chopblock » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:51 pm

Any word on how Jordan Allen is doing? He wasn't able to bear weight on his leg when he left the field....that didn't look too encouraging.
"There is no way c'ervite can beat Edison..."
"Is c'ervite offense gonna show up this time?" butt_blng Dec 4/5, 2009

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:51 pm

edac25 wrote:Tough night Kicks? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Yea..I hate to lose..it sucks...
the only thing that makes me feel better is remembering Jimmy Clausens face last week..

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

ocftbllguy

Post by ocftbllguy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:54 pm

try again sweetheart..not a fan of either one personally..nor am i a fan of ppl with no class...i lost cif on the last play by six inches for my last high school football but still congratulated every cypress player and coach because thats a team that plays with class and heart. i respect people like that...hats off to servite tonight

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:55 pm

kicks2 wrote:

It's an internet message board. I could sign up tomorrow as Cockroach__. Although you (since you are apparently CR's mole) and others would know soon enough I'm not CR, I could make a run.

Point is, don't believe anything on the internet.

WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:01 am

kicks2 wrote:

Yea..I hate to lose..it sucks...
the only thing that makes me feel better is remembering Jimmy Clausens face last week..
:ROFL: He didn't attend Notre Dame either. What he'd give for an autographed photo of Matt Barkley. We could make that happen if he begs. :notworthy:
Last edited by WileyWolverine on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS