STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!

drj44

Re: STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!

Post by drj44 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:01 am

ocftbllguy wrote:try again sweetheart..not a fan of either one personally..nor am i a fan of ppl with no class...i lost cif on the last play by six inches for my last high school football but still congratulated every cypress player and coach because thats a team that plays with class and heart. i respect people like that...hats off to servite tonight
Only my wife calls me sweetheart. If you went to the game, you would have seen both sides being very classy. A small amount of idiots from both schools shouldn't take away from a great high school football event. Some cannot win with class and others cannot lose with it either.

Cheers.

edac25

Post by edac25 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:02 am

How about the brilliant game plan Coach Thomas and his staff had for this match-up. Kept things very close to the vest in the weeks leading up and BOOM, opened up the offense and MD's defense never had an answer. Everything us fans have been screaming for for weeks was finally unleashed and Fajardo and the boys executed it beautifully! On the other side of the ball, both corners played very well and would come up and bump MD's WR's all night...again, something the defense didn't show all year. Brilliant! Took away all of MD's short routes and forced Wittek into making a few very costly mistakes. The entire defense played extremely well and played extremely hard all night long.

Congrats to Coach Thomas and his staff...job well done men! This night will never be forgotten by the Friar Nation! :cheers: =D>

oracle

Post by oracle » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:10 am

Before the Servite fans loose the sheen of a great victory and the MD faithful wallow in the shadow of the agony of defeat, we should put this game into it's proper perspective.
An eager talented Servite team who wanted to prove to the world that they had what it takes to finally end a two decade embarresment for it's fans, alumni and past teams. A young and talented Mater Dei team, which has been trying to find itself this year was trying to prove that they could put together a complete game and play to their potential. The "streak" which I consider somewhat of an annomoly, since both teams have had great teams over the past twenty years and how one team could have that much of a strangle hold on the other was beyond comprehension. It is and was an emotional game for both sides. The anticipation of winning and ending this streak and the pressure and fear of being the team that would loose it, would and could get to any player.
It's only fitting that Servite fans and students relish and savor this moment, because most likely a situation like this will never occur again, and for the Monarch fans and students, there is nothing to hang your head about. The team put up a valiant effort, played well, but got beat by a team that had a greater mission. Next year we'll all go at it again and both teams and fans will have a renewed interest in this classic rivalry of two great schools. We will hopefully, all be back to fight on for another game and may God bless those who aren't with us to witness another battle.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:14 am

Chopblock wrote:Any word on how Jordan Allen is doing? He wasn't able to bear weight on his leg when he left the field....that didn't look too encouraging.
He'll be fine he was just to embarassed to come back because only the servite players and cheerleaders took a knee for him.. My friends and I were saying prayers.. :thumbsup:

edac25

Post by edac25 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:17 am

oracle wrote:Before the Servite fans loose the sheen of a great victory and the MD faithful wallow in the shadow of the agony of defeat, we should put this game into it's proper perspective.
An eager talented Servite team who wanted to prove to the world that they had what it takes to finally end a two decade embarresment for it's fans, alumni and past teams. A young and talented Mater Dei team, which has been trying to find itself this year was trying to prove that they could put together a complete game and play to their potential. The "streak" which I consider somewhat of an annomoly, since both teams have had great teams over the past twenty years and how one team could have that much of a strangle hold on the other was beyond comprehension. It is and was an emotional game for both sides. The anticipation of winning and ending this streak and the pressure and fear of being the team that would loose it, would and could get to any player.
It's only fitting that Servite fans and students relish and savor this moment, because most likely a situation like this will never occur again, and for the Monarch fans and students, there is nothing to hang your head about. The team put up a valiant effort, played well, but got beat by a team that had a greater mission. Next year we'll all go at it again and both teams and fans will have a renewed interest in this classic rivalry of two great schools. We will hopefully, all be back to fight on for another game and may God bless those who aren't with us to witness another battle.
Well said Oracle...well said.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:21 am

Congratulations Monarch, players, coaches fans, and posters. Good game. I was never at ease until that final interception. The Monarch posters have been very gracious in defeat, and their team will be very tough next year.

I have to say one thing you won't like however...SoMelo and Edac are right about Blackwell's behavior. He was obviously frustrated, and let it get the better of him. I'm sure the Servite players were taunting him, and weren't exactly angels, but VB acted like a spoiled child. (We ARE entitled to our opinion, Yes?)

p.s. I wanted to rush onto the field and act like a total loon, but my Monarch sister was driving, and I was afraid she'd leave me there.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

flagrantlyfoul

Post by flagrantlyfoul » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:22 am

longtimeobserver wrote:Maybe Victor Blackwell was reacting to remarks made to him...you weren't down on
the field...you don't know what is being said....so leave it alone....there were three
double personal fouls called....meaning that it went BOTH WAYS...As to Melo
and what she said...you should have seen all the orange seats last year that were empty
on the Servite side....so don't come on so "righteous" and enjoy the victory. We expect
that from EDAC and either read or disregard his posts-- maybe we should start doing
the same with yours.
...have VB check himself. next time he wants to bark ****? look towards scoreboard; if other team's total score is greater than md's - shut trap; walk back to huddle; next play. shouldn't act a fool when you're getting smacked down in your own kitchen. kid has talent to spare but character counts in collegiate recruiting, too. he's got some **** to tighten up and when/if he does, the his stock and the stock of MD will only rise.
"A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive." - Christian Szell

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 am

I wonder what Chris Gallipo and DJ Shoemate feel tonight, or do they even know based on what is in front of them?...?

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:35 am

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion...but three double-foul penalties tell
you that it is not one sided....Lionhunter....you should have done what you wanted
to do...you waited all these years....wouldn't it have been worth it to hitch a ride
or take a taxi home...and possibly your MONARCH sister might have surprised you
and taken you home anyway....

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:39 am

Lionhunter wrote:Congratulations Monarch, players, coaches fans, and posters. Good game. I was never at ease until that final interception. The Monarch posters have been very gracious in defeat, and their team will be very tough next year.

I have to say one thing you won't like however...SoMelo and Edac are right about Blackwell's behavior. He was obviously frustrated, and let it get the better of him. I'm sure the Servite players were taunting him, and weren't exactly angels, but VB acted like a spoiled child. (We ARE entitled to our opinion, Yes?)

p.s. I wanted to rush onto the field and act like a total loon, but my Monarch sister was driving, and I was afraid she'd leave me there.
Damn dude I was waiting to help to... I think we could have made it fit in my mini cooper (I do shop at Sam's Club) I can pack it in! Would have like to have met you... Next year perhaps a drink... I have this bottle of
Grey Goose unopened in the freezer --:--

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:41 am

flagrantlyfoul wrote: ...have VB check himself. next time he wants to bark ****? look towards scoreboard; if other team's total score is greater than md's - shut trap; walk back to huddle; next play. shouldn't act a fool when you're getting smacked down in your own kitchen. kid has talent to spare but character counts in collegiate recruiting, too. he's got some **** to tighten up and when/if he does, the his stock and the stock of MD will only rise.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:45 am

I understand Jordan Allen had an ankle injury, hopefully no permanent damage.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:45 am

SoMelo wrote: Damn dude I was waiting to help to... I think we could have made it fit in my mini cooper (I do shop at Sam's Club) I can pack it in! Would have like to have met you... Next year perhaps a drink... I have this bottle of
Grey Goose unopened in the freezer --:--
What, Kicks was a no-show? Say it aint so.

I wanna party with you folks.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:47 am

Lionhunter wrote:I understand Jordan Allen had an ankle injury, hopefully no permanent damage.
No idea, but high ankle sprains can be a bitch, but not permanent.

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:01 am

longtimeobserver wrote:Maybe Victor Blackwell was reacting to remarks made to him...you weren't down on
the field...you don't know what is being said
....so leave it alone....there were three
double personal fouls called....meaning that it went BOTH WAYS...As to Melo
and what she said...you should have seen all the orange seats last year that were empty
on the Servite side....so don't come on so "righteous" and enjoy the victory. We expect
that from EDAC and either read or disregard his posts-- maybe we should start doing
the same with yours.

So that would excuse the behavior? I liked the kid's interview on ocvarsity, and he is obviously very talented.... but he acted like a little punk bitch tonight. I thought I was watching "My Super Sweet Sixteen" and Blackwell's daddy didn't buy him the pony he wanted. Boo hoo.

WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:21 am

crayegg wrote:I wonder what Chris Gallipo and DJ Shoemate feel tonight, or do they even know based on what is in front of them?...?
Havili's hurt so Shoemate starts at FB tomorrow against Oregon State. Game time 5:00.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS

Luca

Post by Luca » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:26 am

On this thread we have
kicks2 wrote:….Don't come here bashing our players and (for Melo) questioning our loyalty... act like you've been here before...We don't take a knee...it's not Pop Warner and it our choice…..Who are you to say what WE are suppose to do?....Don't worry about us.. ..
While on another thread we have
kicks2 wrote:...Jserra and SM have the worst fan support in the Trinity by far…. you guys don't even come close to filling the stands..
One reaps what one sows. Luca

SOCTE

Post by SOCTE » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:54 am

edac25 wrote:HOW SWEET IT IS!!! WE ARE SERVITE!!!!

VICTORY FORMATION...MD CROWD GOING HOME!

WE ARE SERVITE!!!!!
HALLELUJAH!!!!

lofty

Post by lofty » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:55 am

I walked back with my kids to the car, waited at the lights to cross civic center not one but two md cars with adults inside drove pass us with all the other servite fans and started calling Servite A-Holes amongst other names that can't be repeated here. I shouted back "thank u" hoping my kids didn't hear what was said. NO LUCK they heard everything and more and the look on there faces said it all. I can only control my share of the pie and will try to explain to the kids tomorrow why things like this happen but I thought that was class-less!

Thanks to all the md fans in here who have congratulated us much appreciated good luck rest of the season... till next year!

About the game, I know smack talking was going on in the field all night long, vb did his share and so did our boyz just part of the game. However, as vb's frustration continued to mount because he couldn't get what he wanted it was so embrassing to see the unsportsman like conduct he preformed on the field. What made it worse was the way the ref's handled it, could they not have flagged him so he can shut-up and concentrate on the game?

lofty

Post by lofty » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:56 am

WileyWolverine wrote:Havili's hurt so Shoemate starts at FB tomorrow against Oregon State. Game time 5:00.

Let's GO DJ!