What is up at Aliso?

Born Independent

What is up at Aliso?

Post by Born Independent » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:01 pm

I can't believe they haven't announced a head football coach yet. Rumor has it the guy they wanted to hire turned them down.

sportsgirl714

Re: What is up at Aliso?

Post by sportsgirl714 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Born Independent wrote:I can't believe they haven't announced a head football coach yet. Rumor has it the guy they wanted to hire turned them down.

Is Craig Collins involved? :lol:

X's_&_O's

Post by X's_&_O's » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:44 pm

There won't be an announcement this week as Aliso is going through WASC accreditation. The two knuckleheads have no idea what they're going to do.

If I were a freshman or incoming freshman I would RUN not walk to any other local school. You have no chance at success with Charles Salter as principle and Mike Midlebrook as AD. I've never seen such an incompetent pair...
Last edited by X's_&_O's on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He Who Holds The Chalk Last Wins....

Born Independent

Post by Born Independent » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 am

X's_&_O's wrote:There won't be an announcement this week as Aliso is going through WASC accreditation. The two knuckleheads have no idea what they're going to do.

If I were a freshman or incoming freshman I would RUN not walk to any other local school. You have no chance at success with Charles Salter as principle and Mike Midlebrook as AD. I've never seen such an incompetent pair...

For the Record the remaining coaches left on campus are:

Ernie Butcher (Former OC)- Going to Capo

Kurt Westling (Former OC)- Going to El Toro

Matt LeDuc (Former Co-DC)- Undecided between Dana, Capo, El Toro or San Clemente

Robbie Schmitz - not coaching to watch his son play

Josh Tribe (QB's)- Undecided

Keith Long (RB's)- Undecided

Aliso welcome to a staff comprised of all walk on's...
If you ask me, the clear-cut choice out of those guys is Westling. If I recall, he was pretty heavily involved back when his son played, which was pretty much the only time they were ever any good.

TommyTrojan

Post by TommyTrojan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Born Independent wrote:[
If you ask me, the clear-cut choice out of those guys is Westling. If I recall, he was pretty heavily involved back when his son played, which was pretty much the only time they were ever any good.
I don't know, the undefeated '96 team that won CIF was pretty good. WOnder if Coach Wood is available? :wink:

Whatthe?

Post by Whatthe? » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:59 pm

TommyTrojan wrote:
I don't know, the undefeated '96 team that won CIF was pretty good. WOnder if Coach Wood is available? :wink:
Woods and Salter? and yes Aliso's 96 CIF Championship team was loaded with talent.

X's_&_O's

Post by X's_&_O's » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:28 pm

The Latest in Wolverine Land is that Jimmy Nolan is now under consideration. He apparently originally applied but didn't make it through the district 1st time around. Now that they're left holding the bag they're looking into if they can get good ol' Jimmy.

Westling was told that Salter wants to meet with him next week. Possibly to offer him the job???? I'm pretty sure Westling will not take the job if offered as he already committed to El Toro.

If he does he should make Salter put out a statement saying he screwed up this whole process and should have hired his #1 best bud all along.

Can you say Crow Pie.....

Whatthe?

Post by Whatthe? » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:13 am

X's_&_O's wrote:The Latest in Wolverine Land is that Jimmy Nolan is now under consideration. He apparently originally applied but didn't make it through the district 1st time around. Now that they're left holding the bag they're looking into if they can get good ol' Jimmy.

Westling was told that Salter wants to meet with him next week. Possibly to offer him the job???? I'm pretty sure Westling will not take the job if offered as he already committed to El Toro.

If he does he should make Salter put out a statement saying he screwed up this whole process and should have hired his #1 best bud all along.
Can you say Crow Pie.....
Jimbo...really.....why?

Westling is Salters #1 bud?

sportsgirl714

Post by sportsgirl714 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:32 am

How about package deal of Coach Hettig and Coach O'shea from Trabuco?

WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Whatthe? wrote:
Woods and Salter? and yes Aliso's 96 CIF Championship team was loaded with talent.
Salter was not the principal when we won CIF in '96. Aliso had a great principal who was asked to rotate to San Clemente but declined and left the district. The district brought in Salter from Long Beach Poly. It became immediately obvious that "your friendly, neighborhood principal, Dr. Charles Salter" was a control freak when he advised Coach Wood that he was "going to turn this Cadillac program into a Volkswagen."

At some point you have to take a man at his word. Salter has survived under the fog of Dr. Fleming's firing and the turn over in district administration and the board of trustees.

You will never see Salter and Joe Wood in the same school. Would love to see them inside the ropes for three-rounds though.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS

X's_&_O's

Post by X's_&_O's » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:00 am

Whatthe? wrote:
Jimbo...really.....why?

Westling is Salters #1 bud?
Sarcasm...

Jimmy Nolan is a tool. He yells and screams.... sticks out his chest and acts like a monkey. He has a very limited grasp of schemes. Now his players' loved him and he motivates the guys extremely well. That was something that couldn't be said of the last staff, so maybe it would work? I think Salter and Nolan are made for each other... Two egotistical individuals who present a front that they know what they're doing when the reality is they're idiots!!

Westling thought all along that he would be the top choice since he turned down the job last time after Wood was fired. He let Veeder have it for a couple of reasons (sorry Wiley it wasn't because he was super loyal to Wood like you think). However the parents made a big stink about him and now Westling is very turned off by Salter and the whole debacle at Aliso.

I think it's great that Salter keeps getting turned down. It's only fitting :D :D

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Aliso Niguel -- starting over
March 15th, 2010, 1:32 pm · Post a Comment · posted by STEVE FRYER, ocvarsity.com
Aliso Niguel is starting from scratch, in its search for a new football head coach. Some external forces at work here -- budget reductions, and what that means in terms of offering a teaching position to the football coach. Well, no teaching position is going to be attached. The Aliso varsity football coach will be a walk-on, which is a coach who is not a full-time faculty member. All this, according to Aliso Niguel AD Mike Middlebrook.

Applications and other information: mmiddlebrook@capousd.org

M&M

Post by M&M » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Who else could they possibly turn to? Any new names going to come up? What O'connel doing at the Santa Ana schools?

Tortec7

Post by Tortec7 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:45 pm

THIS IS A COMPLETE FARCE!! There are no EXTERNAL forces at work here. All of the problems are INTERNAL. Starting at the TOP!! The downfall of this program started when he refused to support the coach he had. His lack of support of the program at Aliso is unforgivable and he and his AD sidekick should be held accountable. Feel bad for the kids on campus and all the coaches he has hung out to dry in his tenure at Aliso - and feel bad for whatever fool he convinces to be the next victim of his regime.

X's_&_O's

Post by X's_&_O's » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:07 pm

Tortec7 wrote:THIS IS A COMPLETE FARCE!! There are no EXTERNAL forces at work here. All of the problems are INTERNAL. Starting at the TOP!! The downfall of this program started when he refused to support the coach he had. His lack of support of the program at Aliso is unforgivable and he and his AD sidekick should be held accountable. Feel bad for the kids on campus and all the coaches he has hung out to dry in his tenure at Aliso - and feel bad for whatever fool he convinces to be the next victim of his regime.
Tortec you are 1000% correct. This is just the tip of the iceberg in the mismanagement of the Athletic Department at Aliso Niguel. Charles Salter should have done his due diligence in researching if he would be able to hire a new teacher when he fired Jeff Veeder. The way this has been handled hopefully sheds light to the rest of the community that the demise of Aliso Football was not just attributed to Veeder. He and his staff were extremely handcuffed on what they could accomplish with those two idiots at the helm.

Why would they re-open the position again and stipulate that the position will be a walk-on now? They had two coaches on campus who wanted the job and two Qualified walk-on candidates originally... The fact remains that this process was botched from the beginning and now Salter is left holding the bag. They Told Oscar McBride and George Bonano that they would not be considered because they were walk ons. Since their #1 declined they have gone back to each one of the remaining Candidates at sometime only to be turned down by each and every one!!!

The latest is Salter went back to Westling Monday and begged him to take the job. Westling said "NO" and Salter then asked "What am I'm supposed to do now!" The worst part is that Mike Middlebrook is the acting Head coach and may be forced to coach all next year. :ROFL:

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Do they have open enrollment? Kids need to bail.

Whatthe?

Post by Whatthe? » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:57 pm

The latest is Salter went back to Westling Monday and begged him to take the job. Westling said "NO" and Salter then asked "What am I'm supposed to do now!" The worst part is that Mike Middlebrook is the acting Head coach and may be forced to coach all next year.
he will have to ask his wife first......she wears the pants in that house :ROFL:

BollweevilAKAjohnson

Post by BollweevilAKAjohnson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:06 pm

X's_&_O's wrote:
Tortec you are 1000% correct. This is just the tip of the iceberg in the mismanagement of the Athletic Department at Aliso Niguel. Charles Salter should have done his due diligence in researching if he would be able to hire a new teacher when he fired Jeff Veeder. The way this has been handled hopefully sheds light to the rest of the community that the demise of Aliso Football was not just attributed to Veeder. He and his staff were extremely handcuffed on what they could accomplish with those two idiots at the helm.

Why would they re-open the position again and stipulate that the position will be a walk-on now? They had two coaches on campus who wanted the job and two Qualified walk-on candidates originally... The fact remains that this process was botched from the beginning and now Salter is left holding the bag. They Told Oscar McBride and George Bonano that they would not be considered because they were walk ons. Since their #1 declined they have gone back to each one of the remaining Candidates at sometime only to be turned down by each and every one!!!

The latest is Salter went back to Westling Monday and begged him to take the job. Westling said "NO" and Salter then asked "What am I'm supposed to do now!" The worst part is that Mike Middlebrook is the acting Head coach and may be forced to coach all next year. :ROFL:

Chad, how many screen names do you have? Your mouth has exposed you. We know the same people (same ones you shouldn't have trusted). Paranoia is a bit** and your birthday's coming up. KARMA is upon us. :iknow:

WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:46 am

There is a district rule requiring that all head athletic coaches must be on facility at the same school.
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS

ColSixPack

Post by ColSixPack » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:36 am

The latest is Salter went back to Westling Monday and begged him to take the job. Westling said "NO" and Salter then asked "What am I'm supposed to do now!"

He got what he wanted.