Check these out...

Surfing, swimming, fishing, running, hiking and croquet
Troglodyte

Check these out...

Postby Troglodyte » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:04 pm

I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

GOODave

Re: Check these out...

Postby GOODave » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:39 pm

That guy running across the water is pretty trick.

:-k

Olney

Postby Olney » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:51 pm

He falls in at the same spot every time. Plus his feet are well below the surface of the water. There were a few fakes in there, but very cool videos.

GOODave

Postby GOODave » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:46 am

Olney wrote:He falls in at the same spot every time...

I haven't really given this much thought, and assuming you're not talking about him falling in at the same spot "...every time you play the same video," but I was an avid rock-skipper in my youth.

I knew that a given size rock would likely sink at the same spot every time I threw it (assuming I could find it to throw it a 2nd time) unless I threw it harder or spun it faster on subsequent throws. That guy running will likely not be able to run any faster than he is or have his feet in contact with the water any less than he does ... so I would expect him to fall at roughly the same spot every time, right?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:49 am

The one with the guy running on water was part of an add campaign for a European shoe company. I can't find the source right now, but was a trick.

I'm pretty positive a couple of those basketball shots were faked as well. I've seen so many of those.

Still, a lot of those clips were real action clips. What guys can do on skies, bikes, skates, skateboards and such is really amazing.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

GOODave

Postby GOODave » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Fordama wrote:The one with the guy running on water was part of an add campaign for a European shoe company. I can't find the source right now, but was a trick.

I'm pretty positive a couple of those basketball shots were faked as well. I've seen so many of those.

Still, a lot of those clips were real action clips. What guys can do on skies, bikes, skates, skateboards and such is really amazing.

Fordama

Well, except for the guy who tanks on his skateboard and does the nutcracker sweet on the hand rail: THAT wasn't all that amazing (and all the men in the audience unwittingly cross their legs).

Olney

Postby Olney » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:59 pm

GOODave wrote:I haven't really given this much thought, and assuming you're not talking about him falling in at the same spot "...every time you play the same video," but I was an avid rock-skipper in my youth.

I knew that a given size rock would likely sink at the same spot every time I threw it (assuming I could find it to throw it a 2nd time) unless I threw it harder or spun it faster on subsequent throws. That guy running will likely not be able to run any faster than he is or have his feet in contact with the water any less than he does ... so I would expect him to fall at roughly the same spot every time, right?

Sorry, I didn't explain myself. I've seen the whole version of the video before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3St1GgoHQ

GOODave

Postby GOODave » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Olney wrote:
Sorry, I didn't explain myself. I've seen the whole version of the video before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3St1GgoHQ

AH ... O.K.,..

NEVER'mind.
:oops:

Return to “Outdoors and Recreational”