Andrew Bynum & Circumcision

Surfing, swimming, fishing, running, hiking and croquet
MDDad

Andrew Bynum & Circumcision

Postby MDDad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:10 pm

The thread about whether or not our mods are jerks now has 14 pages, almost 300 posts and over 1,000 views. Sooner or later, people are going to get tired of whining and want to talk about something else. I propose two topics, and I'd like everyone's opinion:

1. How do you feel about Andrew Bynum parking his big black Beemer across two handicapped parking spots while he shopped at Bristol Farms Market? What should be the reaction of the Lakers and the fans?

2. How do you feel about the movement to ban infant circumcision? Pro or con, and why.

JQP, I didn't know which forum to as the home for the placement of this thread. But since basketball and circumcision are both recreational, I thought this was the right place.

Red

Re: Andrew Bynum & Circumcision

Postby Red » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:13 pm

MDDad wrote:The thread about whether or not our mods are jerks now has 14 pages, almost 300 posts and over 1,000 views. Sooner or later, people are going to get tired of whining and want to talk about something else. I propose two topics, and I'd like everyone's opinion:

1. How do you feel about Andrew Bynum parking his big black Beemer across two handicapped parking spots while he shopped at Bristol Farms Market? What should be the reaction of the Lakers and the fans?

2. How do you feel about the movement to ban infant circumcision? Pro or con, and why.

JQP, I didn't know which forum to as the home for the placement of this thread. But since basketball and circumcision are both recreational, I thought this was the right place.

!. Who cares. I see people do it al the time. Give him and ticket and move on.

2. Thank God I was already born and well.....ahem...you know....

On second thought instead of giving Andrew a ticket, if he hasnt been circumcised, either make him get one now or go to jail.

~44~

Postby ~44~ » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Brilliant thread topic. All time great, MDD. Sure wish I was in my office so I could kill the next 3-4 hours discussing these two very important topics but alas, I'm in Cambodia and the Temples await. Talk to you soon, hopefully.

44 (not that guy Buc Pride who always goes off topic and sticks up for that tank guy)
Hi

~44~

Postby ~44~ » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Personally I wish I had an ant eater. Seems like you could use it as storage if need be.
Hi

RPW

Postby RPW » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:46 pm

MDDad wrote:The thread about whether or not our mods are jerks now has 14 pages, almost 300 posts and over 1,000 views. Sooner or later, people are going to get tired of whining and want to talk about something else. I propose two topics, and I'd like everyone's opinion:

1. Put a boot on his front tire and make him deal with public service people at the city to pay the fine.

2. The same issue with the baby in the uterus... if its not your dong you don't belong. Let the parents decide.
I am The Voice of Reason

oceanvue

Postby oceanvue » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:50 pm

JQP punked Vile. He used him as canon fodder to generate traffic

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:13 pm

RPW wrote:The same issue with the baby in the uterus... if its not your dong you don't belong. Let the parents decide.

So what if the parents' religious beliefs drive them to cutting off a tip of the infant's finger, or an ear lobe, or the entire dong? Still let the parents decide? I say let the kid decide, after he turns 18.

Wiley

Postby Wiley » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Y'all be careful about discussing circumcision.
The mods pulled my post when I asked Ed if his son had gone through the procedure.
I can proudly say that my doctor at Johns-Hopkins in Baltimore did a beautiful job on me leaving more than most women could handle.

Andrew Bynum should've been given two handicap parking violations.
The judge should make him place a sticker on the back of his ride that reads, "HANDICAP PARKING CHEATER."
[center]"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama[/center]

Luca

Postby Luca » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:29 pm

That's great, Wiley. Hopkins was a pioneer in sex change surgery back then.

I used to work at a circumcision clinic as a summer job when I was in HS.

$12.50 an hour, plus tips.

Wiley

Postby Wiley » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 pm

MDDad wrote:
So what if the parents' religious beliefs drive them to cutting off a tip of the infant's finger, or an ear lobe, or the entire dong? Still let the parents decide? I say let the kid decide, after he turns 18.
Contrary to popular belief, new-borns don't remember pain because their memory has yet to develop beyond the womb. Circumcision on adult males is extremely painful, uncomfortable and could leave one with ED. Are you contemplating the procedure at your age?
[center]"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama[/center]

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Wiley wrote:Andrew Bynum should've been given two handicap parking violations.
The judge should make him place a sticker on the back of his ride that reads, "HANDICAP PARKING CHEATER."

That's it? Bynum makes $14 million or $15 million a year. Two handicap parking violations are $700. You're basically telling him to go ahead and park there every day. Is there no downside to being a punk-ass self-entitled jerk with no class and no integrity?

Wiley

Postby Wiley » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Luca wrote:That's great, Wiley. Hopkins was a pioneer in sex change surgery back then.

I was thinking that Loyola would've required you to volunteer your services and dump your tip jar in the donation box at church.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Wiley wrote:Contrary to popular belief, new-borns don't remember pain because their memory has yet to develop beyond the womb.

And contrary to popular belief, it ain't the memory of the pain that hurts like hell. I had the unpleasant misfortune of being allowed to watch my oldest son get circumcised, and I wouldn't recommend it as a morning's light entertainment.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Luca wrote:$12.50 an hour, plus tips.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, how are the tips taxed?

Wiley

Postby Wiley » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Wiley wrote:Andrew Bynum should've been given two handicap parking violations.

MDDad wrote:That's it? Bynum makes $14 million or $15 million a year. Two handicap parking violations are $700. You're basically telling him to go ahead and park there every day. Is there no downside to being a punk-ass self-entitled jerk with no class and no integrity?
It's the sticker, stupid. A court order. Everytime he pulls into and out of Staples Center players, fans and reporters see the sign.

Wiley

Postby Wiley » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:44 pm

MDDad wrote:
Just to satisfy my curiosity, how are the tips taxed?
Where do you think the word, "skins" came from?

Wiley

Postby Wiley » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:53 pm

MDDad wrote:
And contrary to popular belief, it ain't the memory of the pain that hurts like hell. I had the unpleasant misfortune of being allowed to watch my oldest son get circumcised, and I wouldn't recommend it as a morning's light entertainment.
If your son was a new born when he was cut he has no memory of it today - only you. Therefore there would be no physical or psychological damage from the procedure. If he was an adult, you're damn right he felt the pain and remembered it well past the first time he thought seriously of having sex. So, if you believe the procedure is up to the baby, who pays the hospital bill. Seriously, I've never heard a man complain about being circumcised at birth.

18echo
Oversight Committee

Postby 18echo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Luca wrote:That's great, Wiley. Hopkins was a pioneer in sex change surgery back then.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI&feature=related[/video]
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

Red

Postby Red » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi Luca!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:11 am

Wiley wrote:If your son was a new born when he was cut he has no memory of it today - only you. Therefore there would be no physical or psychological damage from the procedure.

Except it isn't about memory. It's about learning. The brain learns from every experience a person has, whether we remember them or not. I don't know how developed the nerves are there at that age but excruciating pain might not be a good way to start the journey. I read an article quite a few years ago that said the circumcised men are actually more sensitive to pain than uncircumcised men. Both are more sensitive than women.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Return to “Outdoors and Recreational”