Marilyn Davenport demands person who leaked email to come fo

tLIB

Marilyn Davenport demands person who leaked email to come fo

Post by tLIB » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Wow, I guess this was supposed to be a private chuckle. I think this latest comment makes her appear even more out-of-touch.

I think she should resign. She is a distraction. Can you imagine if this came out two weeks before the election? It would make all of us Republicans appear racist.

I don't care if people send out such emails, but I do want our leaders (even if just the Republican committee) to be above this. Stick to the issues. Keep race out of it. But the funny thing is, she didn't know it was racist.

Marilyn Davenport, GOPer behind racist Obama e-mail, demands person who leaked it to 'come forward'
The California GOP official who e-mailed a racist photo of President Obama apologized for a third time Wednesday, but refused to resign...

"I'm going to continue to put pressure on her to resign," said Orange County Republican Central Committee chairman Scott Baugh (common sense)...

A devout Christian hailing from Kansas, Davenport also insisted she did not see the image of Obama as a chimp as racist, although she admitted during her press conference that she intentionally did not send it to some friends fearing they would be offended...

She also told KTLA that the "cowardly" person responsible for leaking the offensive e-mail to the media needs to come forward.

"I would ask why it is so secretive which person sent it to the media," she said. "I think anytime somebody is involved in something this serious ... they should come forward."

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-04 ... cist-photo

Troglodyte

Re: Marilyn Davenport demands person who leaked email to com

Post by Troglodyte » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Politics is a snake pit.. Anyone of your 'friends' who has a grudge, wants your position, or looks to curry favor with your enemies, will cut your throat in a New York minute. Lately there's been a rash of a joke between 'friends', or a slight misstatement that became media fodder in 5 minutes. Of course, no one asks the blabberer about their motivation.
All of us that post to boards like this better hope they never go into politics, or their words will become a noose later..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:02 pm

WowTrog, interesting perspective. Maybe someone wanted her position on the committee. I never thought about that.

Also, lots of my Facebook friends are politicians. :D I have thought about running for office, but not being a lawyer, I don't want to be held responsible for some mistake. "Oh, I didn't know that was illegal"... and then spending the next five years in prison. [-X

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Troglodyte wrote:Politics is a snake pit.. Anyone of your 'friends' who has a grudge, wants your position, or looks to curry favor with your enemies, will cut your throat in a New York minute. Lately there's been a rash of a joke between 'friends', or a slight misstatement that became media fodder in 5 minutes. Of course, no one asks the blabberer about their motivation.
All of us that post to boards like this better hope they never go into politics, or their words will become a noose later..
yeah, I'll be looking for "Troglodyte" on the ballot :roll:

Red

Post by Red » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:16 pm

tLIB wrote:WowTrog, interesting perspective. Maybe someone wanted her position on the committee. I never thought about that.

Also, lots of my Facebook friends are politicians. :D I have thought about running for office, but not being a lawyer, I don't want to be held responsible for some mistake. "Oh, I didn't know that was illegal"... and then spending the next five years in prison. [-X
Uh Tlib...since it was a contentious subject, why did you feel the need to post the picture? --:--

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Red wrote:
Uh Tlib...since it was a contentious subject, why did you feel the need to post the picture? --:--
Why would you care? You aren't a Republican, and you hate Obama.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Red wrote:
Because it's much easier to dismiss the objections as partisan when you don't have the evidence staring you in the face. Embarassing to look at, isn't it?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:53 pm

I think the little overalls are cute

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:09 pm

SoMelo wrote: yeah, I'll be looking for "Troglodyte" on the ballot :roll:
Uh... as a moderator don't you have access to Trog's IP and email address?
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: Because it's much easier to dismiss the objections as partisan when you don't have the evidence staring you in the face. Embarassing to look at, isn't it?
What's embarrassing to look at is your avatar of the murderous thug of Gabon.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:08 pm

Red wrote:
Good question. I thought about that. I used the image for the same reason as a media outlet would use it - for critical purposes. I could take it down if it is too objectionable.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:42 pm

tLIB wrote:
Good question. I thought about that. I used the image for the same reason as a media outlet would use it - for critical purposes. I could take it down if it is too objectionable.
It's fine. Think it's fine, even if it is racist.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Red

Post by Red » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:55 am

Paul wrote: Why would you care? You aren't a Republican, and you hate Obama.
I don't hate Obama. I don't like his policies, but I don't hate him. Why would you make such an accusation like that?

Red

Post by Red » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:56 am

Omar Bongo wrote: Because it's much easier to dismiss the objections as partisan when you don't have the evidence staring you in the face. Embarassing to look at, isn't it?
I don't need to see evidence of stupidity.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:01 am

Red wrote:
I don't hate Obama. I don't like his policies, but I don't hate him. Why would you make such an accusation like that?
I considered the source.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Red

Post by Red » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:05 am

Paul wrote: I considered the source.
Why dont you produce the "source"? Show me where I said I hated him.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:10 am

Red wrote:
Why dont you produce the "source"? Show me where I said I hated him.
You hate everything liberal. No, I'm not going to hunt it down. If I search the site for messages written by you with the word "hate" contained within them, I get 789,333,469 responses.

Red

Post by Red » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:15 am

Paul wrote: You hate everything liberal. No, I'm not going to hunt it down. If I search the site for messages written by you with the word "hate" contained within them, I get 789,333,469 responses.
If you are going to run off at the mouth, then I challenge you find a post where I said I hated Obama. Isn't it a bit early to be nasty?

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:01 am

Back to the topic. So this b!tch is making demands now? How funny..I hope her career goes right into the toilet..and I also hope I run into her one day..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:43 am

Red wrote:
If you are going to run off at the mouth, then I challenge you find a post where I said I hated Obama. Isn't it a bit early to be nasty?
Sorry...I counted wrong..it was 789, 333, 470. If I put in a smiley, does that make it OK? :D