Anti-State Sanctuary Movement

MDDad

Re: Anti-State Sanctuary Movement

Post by MDDad » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:48 am

I don't think I'm confusing anything. My point was that the candidates and office-holders of both parties are fluid in what they believe, even when it comes to fundamental issues of right and wrong. It's almost always pandering to who's donating, and saying whatever is necessary to continue the flow of money, that carries the day.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:02 pm

by John Q. Public » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:14 pm

I don't know of anybody who supports wide open borders except maybe farmers. But what they'd really like is a policy that recognizes the need for immigrant labor and allows for them to work here legally.
It's one thing to let migrant workers in to pick the crops during picking season, having them send the money home to their families in Mexico, and then returning home after the season is over.

It's another thing entirely, to let them in, then have them smuggle their families in, then overstay their work permits, have babies here, and then demand the right to stay.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:31 pm

Unless they're Cubans. They have been allowed to come to the US on a non quota basis.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:44 am

In the 90's and early 2000's illegal immigration was skyrocketing.

Now it's not. Has actually been net-zero for about a decade.

This current hysteria is just the bleating of sheep whipped up by media and politicians.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:11 pm

Add Simi Valley to the Rebel Alliance (nod to MDDad) as the Simi Valley City Council this week became the first city in Ventura County to come out against California's state sanctuary laws.

The City Council voted unanimously at its meeting Monday night to file a friend of the court letter siding with the Trump administration's federal lawsuit challenging the state laws, which took effect Jan. 1.

The council took the action in closed session. It was announced afterward in open session by City Attorney Lonnie Eldridge, sparking loud, enthusiastic applause from many in the audience.

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local ... 545957002/

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:21 pm

This is a great service you're providing here, Prof. By compiling a list of towns and villages voting to join the California Confederacy, you're not only letting us know where we don't want to move to, you're also providing a convenient reference of where we don't want to spend money or even visit. Thanks again!

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Looks like you'll have to move out of S. California then. :lol:

I'm sure Tijuana could use some of your money. Make sure to fill your tank there, so you won't need to spend any money in San Diego County.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:08 pm

Or you could go to San Dimas. Nice place. They voted against opposing it. MOF, as far as I know, no city in LA County has. But I don't think Lancaster's voted yet. But. You know. Lancaster. :roll:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:54 pm

What do they get out of this?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Professor Fate wrote:QR_BBPOST Looks like you'll have to move out of S. California then.
Yeah, a monochromatic handful of xenophobic aborigines and grandstanding politicians in scattered wide spots in the road choose to publicly proclaim their ignorance, and to you that makes it all of So Cal...Sean Spicer, is that you? :roll:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:07 pm

You should research those stories, most of which contain videos of the public testifying. If you do, be prepared to see some Hispanics speaking in favor of the resolutions opposing the sanctuary state nonsense. There were several such cases in the stories I posted.

My mother-in-law would have been one of them, if she were still alive. She and her brothers and sisters were legal immigrants who did what they were supposed to do, in order to become citizens. They very much resented illegal immigants.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:53 pm

Watch those videos closely and you'll see the same people in half of them. This seems to be a road show of some kind.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:13 pm

There were a lot of people on both sides coming in from other locations...even from out of state.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 pm

This seems to be a road show of some kind

Understand they got a good deal on Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey's circus trucks

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:20 am

Paid protesters, maybe?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:48 am

John Q. Public wrote:Watch those videos closely and you'll see the same people in half of them.
Maybe they all just "look alike". Shame on you, John.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri May 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Yucaipa opposes California’s sanctuary state law, approves letter of opposition

Debate over California’s sanctuary state law is accelerating through San Bernardino County this week, with Yucaipa on Monday, April 23, joining Hesperia in formally coming out against the law.

City leaders voted, 4-1, to draft a letter of opposition to Senate Bill 54, the California Values Act, after hearing from 48 speakers over 90 minutes of public comment.

https://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/2018 ... pposition/
Meanwhile,
The Paso Robles City Council voted against taking a stand.

City Council members discussed Senate Bill 54 — also known as the California Values Act — at a Tuesday night meeting that drew hundreds of residents.

Ultimately, council members said SB 54 is flawed. But they said correcting those flaws should be a job for the state, not the city.

The council voted 5-0 to take no action on SB 54, aside from sending a letter to Gov. Jerry Brown and state representatives pointing out the flaws and asking for revisions.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local ... 94849.html

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri May 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Still haven't figured out what those cities opposing it get out of it. I'm sure those who have contract attorneys that bill by the hour are overjoyed.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri May 04, 2018 10:08 pm

Probably the same thing the Professor gets out of it
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump