Nintendo 3DS comes out Sunday

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
Parrotpaul

Nintendo 3DS comes out Sunday

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:41 am

I probablly will never buy one of these, but they just interviewed the North American president of Nintendo on CNBC, and, from what I heard and saw, it sounds like a great machine for about $250.....what next? They plan to sell millions this year alone.

Check it out....Nintendo 3DS
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Notorious

Re: Nintendo 3DS comes out Sunday

Post by Notorious » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:12 am

Nintendo has dominated handheld video games since the original gameboy. No one has able to really gain a sizable market share. Sony's PSP is much like apple computers to PCs nowadays. PSP is usually only able to stay in it because of the ability to hack it.

I haven't bought a handheld since gameboy color, I might pick up 3DS because of the backwards compatibility to play the new pokemon game which I hear is the best since original r/b/y.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:29 am

My kids have had each of the Nintendo DS versions: DS, DSi ... and now all want the 3DS...

They've been reminding me of the launch date for some time now... even before there was a launch date and it was yet a concept.

Unfortunately, they ALSO all want a $180 IPod Touch and any other electronic piece that floats across their concsious mind.

I've told all of 'em, "you let me know when you save up the $_ _ _.00 and I'll drive you down to get it."

OF COURSE ... my son's birthday IS coming up in a few weeks... :-k

kramer

Post by kramer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:I probablly will never buy one of these, but they just interviewed the North American president of Nintendo on CNBC, and, from what I heard and saw, it sounds like a great machine for about $250.....what next? They plan to sell millions this year alone.

Check it out....Nintendo 3DS
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... do-3ds.ars
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

RPW

Post by RPW » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Notorious wrote:Nintendo has dominated handheld video games since the original gameboy. No one has able to really gain a sizable market share. Sony's PSP is much like apple computers to PCs nowadays. PSP is usually only able to stay in it because of the ability to hack it.

I haven't bought a handheld since gameboy color, I might pick up 3DS because of the backwards compatibility to play the new pokemon game which I hear is the best since original r/b/y.

Strippers, Denny's and Gameboy's don't mix, dawg.
I am The Voice of Reason

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:25 pm

RPW wrote:

Strippers, Denny's and Gameboy's don't mix, dawg.
All the strippers I'm friends with played pokemon, sucka.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

RPW

Post by RPW » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Notorious wrote: All the strippers I'm friends with played pokemon, sucka.
word
I am The Voice of Reason