Droid X

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
not4u13

Re: Droid X

Post by not4u13 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:33 pm

RPW wrote:The Droid X will be discountinued very soon to make way for 4G. Verizon has announced that by the end of the year 9 new Android operating systems will be released.
Very true, which is why I got a decent price. I suspect this will be discounted further before it disappears for good from Verizon stores. I tend to wait on new technology until it hits near the end of life. That way I don't pay the premium price for something that is "untested" in the real world and yet don't buy discontinued product either. Phones are turning over pretty rapidly right now. If you want to wait for the onslaught of 4G phones from Verizon, that's fine, as long as you are really going to need the 4G capabilities.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:52 pm

RPW wrote:The Droid X will be discountinued very soon to make way for 4G. Verizon has announced that by the end of the year 9 new Android operating systems will be released.

My cousin works for Verizon....He said the Iphone 5 will be released this summer......
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:59 pm

RoadRunner wrote:

My cousin works for Verizon....He said the Iphone 5 will be released this s :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: ummer......
I heard it will be closer to September. But I haven't heard if it will be 4g..

not4u13

Post by not4u13 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:39 pm

SoMelo wrote: I heard it will be closer to September. But I haven't heard if it will be 4g..
What I've heard, and I have no special knowledge, is that the iPhone 5 will still be a 3g phone. Nobody knows for sure but most speculation suggests that the iPhone 5 will be a dual core processor with a larger screen but still be 3g. They will clearly need to upgrade battery if they are going to add a bigger screen but the goal is to improve battery life, not just upgrade the battery to handle the extra power.

None of this can be confirmed of course since Apple has a tendancy to keep everything real quiet until they are ready to tell everyone. One rumor I read did seem to confirm September but other rumors pegged availability in July.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com