How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Charles » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:06 am

It's been noted in thousands of magazine articles that a person's height and looks are a ticket to ride, or not. It has to do with our natural response to attributes of the human symmetrical ideal. There are plenty of folks who are cashing in on their looks, not just the "beautiful people" in Hollywood but those upper management types in the corporate world. Of course their looks probably have no connection to intellectual prowess, sooo, are we stuck with this unfair fact of life? How much of an advantage in life does a person have, if born with better than average good looks?
ImageImage

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by SoMelo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:48 am

Danny De Vito has done pretty well for himself :shrug:

Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Charles » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:50 am

SoMelo wrote:Danny De Vito has done pretty well for himself :shrug:
But for every one Danny De Vito, aren't there 69 handsome actor/comedians who have also done well?

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by SoMelo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:53 am

Charles wrote:
But for every one Danny De Vito, aren't there 69 handsome actor/comedians who have also done well?
All generic looking

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:59 am

Charles wrote:
But for every one Danny De Vito, aren't there 69 handsome actor/comedians who have also done well?
Umm..Jimmy Walker, Phil Silvers, Jimmy Durante, Richard, Belzer, Steven Wright, Buddy Hackett, Whoopi Goldberg,Woody Allen, Fred Allen, Roseanne Barr, Robin Williams, Chris Farley, David Letterman, Don Knotts, Lily Tomlin, Sam Kinison, Carrot Top.....etc. did OK.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Charles » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:24 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Umm..Jimmy Walker, Phil Silvers, Jimmy Durante, Richard, Belzer, Steven Wright, Buddy Hackett, Whoopi Goldberg,Woody Allen, Fred Allen, Roseanne Barr, Robin Williams, Chris Farley, David Letterman, Don Knotts, Lily Tomlin, Sam Kinison, Carrot Top.....etc. did OK.
I know, it isn't an absolute gate but there's no doubt beauty opens doors.

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:27 am

Charles wrote:
I know, it isn't an absolute gate but there's no doubt beauty opens doors.
You sound as if you speak from experience. On which side of the beauty advantage do you fall?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Notorious » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:28 am

As someone who was born beautiful it's pretty awesome.

Here's the top 3 things I'm glad I was born with and would kill myself if I wasn't born with them
1. Beauty
2. Blue eyes
3. White skin
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
RoadRunner
Posts: 8476
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by RoadRunner » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:29 am

Charles wrote:
I know, it isn't an absolute gate but there's no doubt beauty opens doors.

Well if your a women....so does your legs...
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

User avatar
RoadRunner
Posts: 8476
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by RoadRunner » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:31 am

Notorious wrote:As someone who was born beautiful it's pretty awesome.

Here's the top 3 things I'm glad I was born with and would kill myself if I wasn't born with them
1. Beauty and your dude?
2. Blue eyeswell I agree with this....I have green and both my kids have blue eyes...
3. White skin
No way in hell I would want to be a cracker
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Notorious » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:32 am

RoadRunner wrote: No way in hell I would want to be a cracker
Brown Eyed people aren't even people to me.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Charles » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:40 am

Parrotpaul wrote: You sound as if you speak from experience. On which side of the beauty advantage do you fall?
The ugly side.

I'm so ugly that when I was a kid playing in the sandbox, the cat buried me.
I'm so ugly that when I walk by the mens room, all toilets flush.
I'm so ugly that when I went for my prostate exam, the doctor stuck his finger in my mouth.

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:42 am

Charles wrote:
The ugly side.

I'm so ugly that when I was a kid playing in the sandbox, the cat buried me.
I'm so ugly that when I walk by the mens room, all toilets flush.
I'm so ugly that when I went for my prostate exam, the doctor stuck his finger in my mouth.
You should be pissed.....three strikes right there.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Notorious » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:45 am

How does it feel to be ugly? Do you guys practice self delusion so you hope that you're average?
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Red » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:46 am

Charles wrote:
The ugly side.

I'm so ugly that when I was a kid playing in the sandbox, the cat buried me.
I'm so ugly that when I walk by the mens room, all toilets flush.
I'm so ugly that when I went for my prostate exam, the doctor stuck his finger in my mouth.
You mean you were born so ugly, instead of paddling your butt, the doctor slapped your mother? :ROFL: :ROFL:

User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by AndUR?? » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Notorious wrote: Brown Eyed people aren't even people to me.
Gee...thanks Noto :ROFL:

I have Brown hair and Brown eyes!
Yet my son has Blond hair and Blue eyes while my daughter has Blond hair, Green eyes and Olive skin.
I have been called "the nanny" more times than I can count.
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Notorious » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Sorry, it's just how I feel. I hate even more when people say they have hazel eyes, that's just light brown eyed people trying to make themselves feel better about being born with brown eyes.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by AndUR?? » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Notorious wrote:Sorry, it's just how I feel. I hate even more when people say they have hazel eyes, that's just light brown eyed people trying to make themselves feel better about being born with brown eyes.
No worries...growing up, I always wished I had Green eyes :(
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by Charles » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Notorious wrote:How does it feel to be ugly? Do you guys practice self delusion so you hope that you're average?
Even mediocre would be OK, and we practice self gratification too because "We're the best we ever had."

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: How Important Is It to Be Born Beautiful?

Post by SoMelo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:36 pm

Notorious wrote:Sorry, it's just how I feel. I hate even more when people say they have hazel eyes, that's just light brown eyed people trying to make themselves feel better about being born with brown eyes.
My eyes are gray, but sometimes blue or green..

Post Reply