New study: Droughts have not increased since the 1950s

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
kramer

New study: Droughts have not increased since the 1950s

Post by kramer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/enviro ... 1950s.html

This will probably cause a lot of gnashing of teeth in the globalist world...
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Parrotpaul

Re: New study: Droughts have not increased since the 1950s

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Well...headway is being made with you. At least you didn't argue about those pesky higher global temps.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

kramer

Post by kramer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Well...headway is being made with you. At least you didn't argue about those pesky higher global temps.
Really? Didn't I start a thread here a few weeks ago that showed there has been little, if any, warming in almost 16 years?
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Pshew....I was worried. Thanks.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

kramer

Post by kramer » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:20 pm

From Nature:
Little change in global drought over the past 60 years

Justin Sheffield, Eric F. Wood & Michael L. Roderick
AffiliationsContributionsCorresponding author
Nature 491, 435–438 (15 November 2012) doi:10.1038/nature11575
Received 23 July 2012 Accepted 11 September 2012 Published online 14 November 2012

Here we show that the previously reported increase in global drought is overestimated because the PDSI uses a simplified model of potential evaporation7 that responds only to changes in temperature and thus responds incorrectly to global warming in recent decades. More realistic calculations, based on the underlying physical principles8 that take into account changes in available energy, humidity and wind speed, suggest that there has been little change in drought over the past 60 years.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 11575.html
Tornados: Down
Hurricanes: Down
Droughts: Down
Fires: Down
Polar Bears: Not in danger.

And yet the intellectually superior enlightened intelligentsiants continue to say that the increase in tornados, hurricanes, fires, and droughts over the years are proof of global warming and that we are deniers because we don't believe it. They even came out with a book to help explain the denial, it's called The Republican Brain...

Sweet irony...

kramer

Post by kramer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:02 am

"If we continue on our current path of ever-increasing emissions of carbon dioxide, the hotter planet that we will create will surely spawn droughts far more intense than any seen in recorded history,..."

- Dr. Jeff Masters, Nov 16, 2012

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:07 am

Thanks for finally seeing the light Kramer.

kramer

Post by kramer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Thanks for finally seeing the light Kramer.

I've been illuminating the weaknesses of this topic for years and yet you're still in the dark. Unbelievable. If you want to see the light on this topic, go to isitlowt.com and get your testosterone boosted, you'll end up using logic and reason to think with instead of feelings and emotions.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:47 am

What does this have to do with my testosterone? I believe humans are having an impact on our environment significant enough to alter the balance of things, and that we should take measures to prevent that from further happening. You don't. You can post stuff until hell freezes over...which I doubt will happen what with all this warming :mrgreen: ...I am adamant in my belief. I appreciate your passion...I don't agree with your ideas.

kramer

Post by kramer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 am

Parrotpaul wrote:What does this have to do with my testosterone?
You're low T levels prohibit you from using logic and reason to see the point I've made between the almost 60 years of no change in drought, the years of alarmist drought claims, and then the new article warning of more drought.

Parrotpaul wrote: I believe humans are having an impact on our environment significant enough to alter the balance of things, and that we should take measures to prevent that from further happening.
List all those measures needed to prevent those impacts.

Parrotpaul wrote: I am adamant in my belief.
Yes, your faith in the green religion is very strong. That's all you have because you can't argue the counter science-facts that I put up. But I give you credit because you're not lazy (and you're probably smarter) like some of the other libs who just give up and reply with "conspiracy."

Parrotpaul wrote: I appreciate your passion...I don't agree with your ideas.
Just about all of my ideas can be substantiated with credible links. Hence, they aren't my ideas. I just point these 'ideas' out and then wait for the tin foil hat and conspiracy claims.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:13 am

Thanks, Kramer...my wife would disagree about the T levels.. :mrgreen: No, I'm not about to list a bunch of stuff you would only ridicule and tell me was wrong...did Brooke teach you that move? Again..thanks for your dogged passion and indominable spirit.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:15 am

:yawn
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:01 am

World Bank says, "turn down the heat."

All nations will suffer the effects of a warmer world, but it is the world's poorest countries that will be hit hardest by food shortages, rising sea levels, cyclones and drought, the World Bank said in a report on climate change.

Under new World Bank President Jim Yong Kim, the global development lender has launched a more aggressive stance to integrate climate change into development.

"We will never end poverty if we don't tackle climate change. It is one of the single biggest challenges to social justice today," Kim told reporters on a conference call on Friday.

The report, called "Turn Down the Heat," highlights the devastating impact of a world hotter by 4 degrees Celsius (7.2 Fahrenheit) by the end of the century, a likely scenario under current policies, according to the report.

kramer

Post by kramer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:24 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:No, I'm not about to list a bunch of stuff you would only ridicule and tell me was wrong
I would show you (where possible of course) they were wrong with credible links.

kramer

Post by kramer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:
Under new World Bank President Jim Yong Kim, the global development lender has launched a more aggressive stance to integrate climate change into development.

"We will never end poverty if we don't tackle climate change. It is one of the single biggest challenges to social justice today," Kim told reporters on a conference call on Friday.
Ex-effing-actly! I've been saying here for years that climate change is being used to redistribute our wealth to other countries in order to reduce poverty by building up their nations. It's a move to control population because the goal is to get more baby making bio-units (women) working so they have less kids.

And this (peer reviewed?) report is from FDR's World Bank no less! The father of this bank was Harry Dexter White, a known communist according to the NSA. And he worked in FDR's communist infested admin which gave us the UN, IMF, and WB.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:56 pm

What's wrong the population control, you must believe this planet has some sort of limit even if that limit is unknown.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:32 am

kramer wrote:
I would show you (where possible of course) they were wrong with credible links.
Go get 'em, champ. "Conspiracy Creating for Dummies"

"There even is a term for this condition, called the Dunning-Kruger effect. “The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which an unskilled person makes poor decisions and reaches erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to realize their mistakes. The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average, much higher than it actually is [...].” (Fox News is a great source to see the Dunning-Kruger Effect, in action.)"

kramer

Post by kramer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:02 am

Notorious wrote:What's wrong the population control, you must believe this planet has some sort of limit even if that limit is unknown.
Just pointing out part of what's behind climate 'science.'

kramer

Post by kramer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:04 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Go get 'em, champ. "Conspiracy Creating for Dummies"

"There even is a term for this condition, called the Dunning-Kruger effect. “The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which an unskilled person makes poor decisions and reaches erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to realize their mistakes. The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average, much higher than it actually is [...].” (Fox News is a great source to see the Dunning-Kruger Effect, in action.)"

Amazing. You just described a trait of the typical liberal ("illusory superiority") which I have mentioned before.