5 new fish species named after Obama, Clinton, Gore, Carter,

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
kramer

5 new fish species named after Obama, Clinton, Gore, Carter,

Post by kramer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Is it April 1st?...
All the Presidents’ fish: Five new species named after Obama, Clinton, Roosevelt, Carter and Gore
By Becky Crew | November 29, 2012 |

Getting a second term is pretty good, but getting your own fish is arguably pretty good too because Obamafish. Say it out loud, it’s great.

Five new species of colourful, freshwater fish called darters have been discovered in river drainages in eastern North America and named after four Presidents and a Vice. Darters are the smallest members of the perch family, and are named after their ability to zip around, under and into rocks and sediment on the beds of clean, fast-moving waterways.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/run ... -and-gore/
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Vilepagan

Re: 5 new fish species named after Obama, Clinton, Gore, Car

Post by Vilepagan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:04 am

kramer wrote:Is it April 1st?...
Not according to the date on the interesting article you posted...is there a point you were trying to make?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:30 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Not according to the date on the interesting article you posted...is there a point you were trying to make?
I'm sure these is some tinfoil hat conspiracy that will be a roadmap from naming fish to taking over the world and enslaving the masses.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:38 am

Too bad Robert Ludlum died. "The Gore Fish Conspiracy" is a catchy title, and it has great potential for a trashy conspiracy novel with holding power for light summer reading.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

kramer

Post by kramer » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Scientists (who have their noses so far up Obama's rectum, they can see daylight coming from his nostrils) Identify Extinct Lizard Species Named ‘Obamadon’
http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2012/12 ... -obamadon/
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:44 pm

"Seeing Daylight Through Obama's Nostrils," a somewhat circuitous and tedious Kramer video tour of the President's alimentary canal including his nasal passages beginning with a push and shove past Barack's anal sphincter and ending in a Universal Studios precipitous waterfall drop out through Obama's nostrils (flared of course)....narrated by Kramer...noted and self-appointed global warming conspiracy theorist, local whack, and Giants football fan. :cheers:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

kramer

Post by kramer » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:"Seeing Daylight Through Obama's Nostrils," a somewhat circuitous and tedious Kramer video tour of the President's alimentary canal including his nasal passages beginning with a push and shove past Barack's anal sphincter and ending in a Universal Studios precipitous waterfall drop out through Obama's nostrils (flared of course)....narrated by Kramer...noted and self-appointed global warming conspiracy theorist, local whack, and Giants football fan. :cheers:
And another local intellectual heavy-weight liberal here ignores my thread where a psychologist claims skeptics are conspiracy believers, but quotes a policy-maker who has called for global government. :cheers: indeed!... :D