DailyKooks (I mean Kos) blows it on last decade of temps

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
kramer

DailyKooks (I mean Kos) blows it on last decade of temps

Post by kramer » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:49 pm

It's no wonder you liberals have less information...
SAT JAN 26, 2013 AT 02:28 PM PST
Dollars for Deniers: Big Oil Funds Climate Science Denialism
by greg laden

It has become increasingly difficult to understand the motivation behind climate science denialism. The Earth’s climate is changing, mainly in the form of increased temperatures of the oceans and the atmosphere, because of the release of copious amounts of previously trapped Carbon through the burning of fossil fuels. There is no longer a question that this is happening, and every year, the various details that one might like to see worked out, regarding the mechanisms or effects of climate change, are increasingly known. To state, with a straight face, that the jury is still out, or that we can’t separate natural variation from human caused changes, or that the earth has stopped warming for the last decade, or any of the other things we constantly hear from climate change denialists is exactly the same thing as standing there with a big sign that reads “I am a moron.” ...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/2 ... -Denialism
Summary. Global surface temperature in 2012 was +0.56°C (1°F) warmer than the 1951-1980 base period average, despite much of the year being affected by a strong La Nina. Global temperature thus continues at a high level that is sufficient to cause a substantial increase in the frequency of extreme warm anomalies. The 5-year mean global temperature has been flat for a decade, which we interpret as a combination of natural variability and a slowdown in the growth rate of the net climate forcing.

http://www.columbia.edu/~jeh1/mailings/ ... re2012.pdf
Looks to me like the dailykooks (I mean dailykos) is a site the gives low information...
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Fordama

Re: DailyKooks (I mean Kos) blows it on last decade of temps

Post by Fordama » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Once again, you fail to understand what is science and what is the media.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

kramer

Post by kramer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:21 am

Fordama wrote:Once again, you fail to understand what is science and what is the media.

Fordama
Science is the "intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment."

Climate science is the shoddy and fraudulent science used to push a global leftist agenda.

The media are the DNC cheerleaders, marketers, and the attack dogs on all things RNC.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 am

kramer wrote:
Science is the "intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment."

Climate science is the shoddy and fraudulent science used to push a global leftist agenda.
Yes, all those scientists from all sorts of fields are collaborating.

You really have to back away from the Alex Jones show.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

kramer

Post by kramer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:41 am

kramer wrote:

Fordama wrote:Yes, all those scientists from all sorts of fields are collaborating.
Lacking reading comprehension skills? I made it clear that the only science I was questioning was climate 'science.'

If you don't believe me, here is (yet again) the occonnect search link so you can search all of my past comments where I say things that affirm your "all those scientists from all sorts of fields are collaborating." :
http://occonnect.com/community/search.php

Here's a link to a list of science fields to help you shorten your searches:
http://unskilledninja.deviantart.com/ar ... -312014115

I'll be waiting to read a few of my comments on how I questioned the science of gravity, light, biology, Anthropology, nuclear, etc., etc. ...