Extinction of millions of species 'greatly exaggerated'

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
Post Reply
User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Extinction of millions of species 'greatly exaggerated'

Post by kramer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Some good news, now you can relax a little.
Reports of the extinction of millions of species on Earth have been greatly exaggerated, a team of scientists has said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthn ... rated.html
"Exaggerated" science claims? How is that possible?
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18139
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Extinction of millions of species 'greatly exaggerated'

Post by Fordama » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:25 pm

Once again, science has left you dumbfounded.

Dog bites man.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Extinction of millions of species 'greatly exaggerated'

Post by kramer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Fordama wrote:Once again, science has left you dumbfounded.

Dog bites man.

Fordama
Ha ha ha, that's all you can say? Wow!... :D
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18139
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Extinction of millions of species 'greatly exaggerated'

Post by Fordama » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:40 pm

kramer wrote:
Ha ha ha, that's all you can say? Wow!... :D
Too lazy to post another conspiracy theory picture.

By the way, before you get all excited, you better try at least to understand the actual ramifications of this study as it pokes a hole on the next stage of your denialism.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Extinction of millions of species 'greatly exaggerated'

Post by kramer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Fordama wrote:Too lazy to post another conspiracy theory picture.
What you really meant: “Conspiracy Theorist” – the taunt you use when you want to “win” the debate without having to argue your point."


Fordama wrote:By the way, before you get all excited, you better try at least to understand the actual ramifications of this study as it pokes a hole on the next stage of your denialism.
Which is?...
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18139
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Extinction of millions of species 'greatly exaggerated'

Post by Fordama » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:18 pm

There is no point other than you don't realize how science works and you are constantly amazed and flabbergasted when presented with it.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Extinction of millions of species 'greatly exaggerated'

Post by kramer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Fordama wrote:There is no point other than you don't realize how science works and you are constantly amazed and flabbergasted when presented with it.
If what you said was true, then I'd be skeptical of just about all new science claims in all the other fields of science. But I'm not skeptical of most other new claims and science reports that come up in most other fields of science. What you stated above is just more liberal BS.

I'm only skeptical of climate science and related (ozone, species, and other environmental concerns) fields because I've seen how these 'scientists' work and there's been a fair amount of unethical science.
As my sig shows, up to 80% of the ozone measurements were either faked or incompletely done.

Yeah, let's put our future economic and political system in the hands of leftist globalist policy-makers who are using this 'science' to transform the world. We'd be utter fools to do so without making them first open up ALL of their data, methods, programs, internal emails, etc., AND without a thorough investigation to Lovelock's ozone faked data claims.

And if this opening up were to happen and it turned out the climate scientists were right, then why do we have to change our political and economic system to what leftists have wanted for decades? There is no other solution?...
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Post Reply