Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Postby kramer » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:52 am

Fordama wrote:You don't understand skepticism.

Fordama


Yet my skepticism of how much warming CO2 is really causing is starting to look like it might be right.


“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18125
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Postby Fordama » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:55 am

kramer wrote:
Yet my skepticism...

You're not skeptical.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Postby kramer » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Fordama wrote:You're not skeptical.

Fordama


What do you call my having doubts and not being convinced that the amount of warming we've had is mainly from human CO2, especially since it's looking more and more like my skepticism might be right?
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18125
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Postby Fordama » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:08 pm

kramer wrote:
What do you call my having doubts..

You have no doubts.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Postby kramer » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Fordama wrote:You have no doubts.

Fordama


I know that the amount of warming we've had over the last 100 or so years isn't from CO2?

Here's the occonnect search link to prove this incorrect claim:
search.php
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18125
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Postby Fordama » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:44 pm

kramer wrote:
I know that the amount of warming we've had over the last 100 or so years isn't from CO2?

That sentence is meaningless in the discussion as few, if any, scientists think that it is only from CO2.

However, study after study that you bring in does attribute part of the cause to CO2. Unfortunately, like you did with the study at the beginning of this thread, only cherry pick little parts of the study while ignoring major parts that you view as politically threatening.

You're view of science is as politically slanted as the former Soviet government's view of science.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Postby kramer » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:10 pm

kramer wrote:
I know that the amount of warming we've had over the last 100 or so years isn't from CO2?

Fordama wrote:That sentence is meaningless in the discussion as few, if any, scientists think that it is only from CO2.


Ok then lets try this again:
I know that whatever the amount of warming we've had over the last 100 or so years that has been blamed on human CO2 isn't from CO2?

Use the search button and find me saying this. You won't find it and I know you won't search for it to prove me wrong because you know this is another Fraudama BS comment.

Fordama wrote:However, study after study that you bring in does attribute part of the cause to CO2.

And I'm willing to say part of the warming is probably from CO2. Your side says (well, they did say it, now it's being downgraded) the majority of warming is from CO2, I think it's more like ten to fifteen percent and in fact, I showed you science that suggests its at best, 20%.

Fordama wrote:Unfortunately, like you did with the study at the beginning of this thread, only cherry pick little parts of the study while ignoring major parts that you view as politically threatening.

Just pointing out another exaggeration. And all these little "cherries" could add up to a big cherry pie.


Fordama wrote:You're view of science is as politically slanted as the former Soviet government's view of science.

Fordama


"Of science" means all science fields and if you do a search on this site, you won't find me being skeptical of virtually all of the other fields of science (maybe GMO foods but I don't like the idea of foods that create their own pesticides that you can't wash away).

The only science I question is climate science and of the climate science, I especially don't trust the historical record of temperature from the 3 main organizations that track it. They've already faked 80% of the ozone measurement data that was used for policy, they can do the same thing with the temperature data.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18125
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Postby Fordama » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:57 pm

kramer wrote:And I'm willing to say part of the warming is probably from CO2.

Well, now you've changed your mind on whether there is warming, and now you've changed your mind that CO2 causes warming.

You're making progress.

Of course it's taken a huge amount of overwhelming evidence over years to get you to make those admissions.

Do you still wonder if the Sun will come up in the East tomorrow morning?

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Postby kramer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:57 am

kramer wrote:And I'm willing to say part of the warming is probably from CO2.

Fordama wrote:Well, now you've changed your mind on whether there is warming, and now you've changed your mind that CO2 causes warming.


Another bald-faced lie from you. Why? Because I've been saying for years that CO2 is a warming gas and I've also said that at best, if it causes any warming, its going to be very little.

Fordama wrote:You're making progress.

No, you're making merde up again.

Fordama wrote:Of course it's taken a huge amount of overwhelming evidence over years to get you to make those admissions.

See my comments above.

Fordama wrote:Do you still wonder if the Sun will come up in the East tomorrow morning?

Fordama


I'm wondering when you are going to stop lying.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18125
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Postby Fordama » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:34 pm

kramer wrote:

Another bald-faced lie from you. Why? Because I've been saying for years that CO2 is a warming gas and I've also said that at best, if it causes any warming, its going to be very little.


No, you're making merde up again.


See my comments above.



I'm wondering when you are going to stop lying.

I'm not. I remember when you disputed the fact that there was warming. I remember when you were disputing the idea that there was enough CO2 to cause warming.

I'm not Bev...errr...Brooke. I remember things.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
kramer
Posts: 8852
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Forecasts for global warming ‘too high’

Postby kramer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Fordama wrote:I'm not. I remember when you disputed the fact that there was warming.


If I disputed anything like what you claim, it would have been that I dispute the warming we have had was all (or mostly) caused by CO2.

Fordama wrote: I remember when you were disputing the idea that there was enough CO2 to cause warming.


Here, refresh my memory:
occonnect search button

Fordama wrote:I'm not Bev...errr...Brooke. I remember things.

Fordama

You're going to need a good memory to keep track of all your lies.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Return to “Science and Technology”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest