15 foolish forecasts from Earth Day 1970

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
kramer

15 foolish forecasts from Earth Day 1970

Postby kramer » Fri May 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Sounds like Rockefeller funding influenced these comments:

Fifteen Foolish Forecasts: How did environmentalists get it so wrong on Earth Day 1970?

We have about five more years at the outside to do something.”
• Kenneth Watt, ecologist

Read the rest here:
http://www.ihatethemedia.com/fifteen-fo ... h-day-1970

“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Parrotpaul

Re: 15 foolish forecasts from Earth Day 1970

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri May 31, 2013 4:39 pm

What do you have against Rockefeller?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

kramer

Postby kramer » Fri May 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:What do you have against Rockefeller?

For starters: Funded the Institute for Pacific Relations which had ties to communism. Gave the UN the land its HQ sits on. Funds a multitude of environmental NGOs.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri May 31, 2013 4:53 pm

Geez...what an ingrate for a former New Yorker. He was the best thing to happen to post WWII New York.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:02 am

Just what is it that Conservatives have against rich people with consciences?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

kramer

Postby kramer » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:55 am

Parrotpaul wrote:He was the best thing to happen to post WWII New York.

People also have an incorrect view of Clinton's two terms.

kramer

Postby kramer » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:56 am

John Q. Public wrote:Just what is it that Conservatives have against rich people with consciences?

People who promote or support communism groups have consciences? I bet the 40 to 70 million people who died under communism would disagree.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:44 pm

kramer wrote: I bet the 40 to 70 million people who died under communism would disagree.

My friends who lived under it, escaped from it and rebelled against it would tell you you're talking nonsense. Probably not as nicely, though.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

kramer

Postby kramer » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:21 pm

kramer wrote: I bet the 40 to 70 million people who died under communism would disagree.

John Q. Public wrote:My friends who lived under it, escaped from it and rebelled against it would tell you you're talking nonsense.

How would they know how many really died?

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:24 pm

kramer wrote: People also have an incorrect view of Clinton's two terms.

WTF does my statement have to do with Clinton? Nelson Rockefeller may have had some personal issues, but what he did for New York was nothing short of what every politician should aim at for their constituencies.

kramer

Postby kramer » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:35 pm

kramer wrote: People also have an incorrect view of Clinton's two terms.

Parrotpaul wrote:WTF does my statement have to do with Clinton?

People have the wrong views of both Rockefeller and Clinton.

Parrotpaul wrote: Nelson Rockefeller may have had some personal issues, but what he did for New York was nothing short of what every politician should aim at for their constituencies.

You didn't say Nelson. There are a number of Rockefeller's. I was treating your response as the entire family and their overall funding.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Kramer...look for the clues...when I said Rockefeller, I used a singular, and I used the pronoun, he.

kramer

Postby kramer » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:09 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Kramer...look for the clues...when I said Rockefeller, I used a singular, and I used the pronoun, he.

I saw the "he" but there are more than one Rockefellers so I assumed you meant the name.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:23 am

Fair enough.

So, how 'bout Nelson? Do you agree with my assessment of what he did for NY and its residents?

kramer

Postby kramer » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:54 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Fair enough.

So, how 'bout Nelson? Do you agree with my assessment of what he did for NY and its residents?

Don't know much about what he did Paul. Back in the days when he was a politician, I didn't read much about him and I wasn't aware of what Rockefeller money was being used for so I never paid any attention to him or any other Rockefeller.

I do know that the Rockefeller Commission in 1975 was named after him and this was the commission (the other was the Church Commission) that investigated the CIA's MKULTRA program that was partially funded by Rockefeller money. That right there is a black mark on him in my view.
Last edited by kramer on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:59 am

Might be time to look at what he did for NY. He was an interesting Republican...we could use many more just like him.

Return to “Science and Technology”